squalls every match

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Genesect1 #1 Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:14 AM

Airman Basic

• 857 battles
Why is there a squall in every single match?  shortens very good battles and seems silly to me especially when there is no graphical representation of that actually being a factor.  

Master_Cylinder #2 Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

Squall line is the end of the battle every game.  If you dont get to 400, 600 or 800 points for the 3, 4 or 5 sector battles the squall line will come in to end when the time runs out. 

HoujuuNue #3 Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5648 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE

https://blog.worldof...per-qna-part-1/

Squall line has 3 functions: 

1. It serves as a natural time limitation for the battle. Without it, battles would be 2 minutes longer in general. By that time, most players would’ve exhausted their respawn attempts, so the last minutes would just draw out the battle and turn into “hunt down the last GA" or “wait till the scale fills up”.
  2. It is a “gamebreaker” — a mechanic that allows a losing team to catch up or even make a comeback, which makes gameplay more exciting.
  3. Allows skilled players who can fly precisely and shoot accurately to decide the outcome of the battle by shooting down enemies and winning through total elimination of the enemy team. 

meanwhile "still working on it"

Block Quote

At the same time, there are some issues with it, and we are working on solving them.

• Players who crash their aircraft right before the squall line triggers to have full HP for the last part of the battle are a problem. We need a better design to make this tactic unnecessary or not viable, and we’re working on it.
  • Squall line right now has no visual representation, which breaks immersion.

hoom #4 Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4274 battles

Its confusing at first but ultimately a solid mechanic IMO.

Would be cool for a storm effect to show up off-map behind the spawn area though :B

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

nwlxn12 #5 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles
Doesn't it make perfect sense that you can not re-spawn because of the squall line, but bomber flights seem to have no problem spawning after the squall line.  Granted they may not reach the target by the end of the match, but they still spawned.

CruzANDBruz #6 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9436 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

The squall line works to my advantage just as often as it works against it, I think.

Deliberately crashing your airplane just before the spawn so that one can return with full hit points; camping out between an opponent's spawn point and your nearest captured sector as a defense strategy; head hunting human opponents to eliminate the greater threats first; hiding from the enemy while the clock runs out to ensure a win when you're the last man standing; lurking nearby or tailing an opponent for a spell to allow the squall line clock to expire before lowering the hammer are all game tactics that I've heard people complain about. Since they can all be employed by anyone playing the game, I don't see a real need to "fix" any of them. 

Heck, I've been known to crash the first time on purpose simply because I need to get to the other side of the map quickly and using my near by spawn point to do it was much faster than me flying there. I hope Wargaming doesn't go fixing things to to point I have no options to think about.    :)

Captain_Rownd #7 Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 822 battles

View PostHoujuuNue, on 10 January 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Players who crash their aircraft right before the squall line triggers to have full HP for the last part of the battle are a problem. We need a better design to make this tactic unnecessary or not viable, and we’re working on it.

I don't see that as a problem.  We can't land our planes for servicing on a runway, so we "land" them on a mountainside.  You still have to wait out the respawn timer and either own an airfield or fly somewhere from spawn.  It's just a method of making maximum use of the available resources. 

mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:57 PM

Captain

• 274 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Squall line is a bad mechanic.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

sneakytails #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:29 AM

Senior Airman

• 511 battles
  • [ESG] ESG

Squall line sucks, remove it.

Attrition mode was 1.5 billion times more fun, I had close games that came down to the last kill which hardly ever happens with the stupid squall line mechanic.

Edited by sneakytails, 12 January 2019 - 06:31 AM.

trikke #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2639 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostGenesect1, on 10 January 2019 - 05:14 AM, said:

Why is there a squall in every single match? 

global warming?

i'll be here all week    tip your waitresses 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users