It's not possible ...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Leo_1408 #1 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2635 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
It's not possible to affect the outcome of a battle - no matter how hard you try. I am almost always in the top three of my team in points or number of aircraft shot down - but it makes no difference, any wins are just random and few compared to losses. Like you can capture an airfield, fly over it and protect it from enemy aircraft - then suddenly it changes, with no obvious enemy activity. So I just accept that I can have fun flying and shooting down enemy aircraft, but I will have no effect on the battle outcome. That seems to be the sort of limited game it has become - funny, cos World of Warships seems to work out much more logically.

CorvusCorvax #2 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2615 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostLeo_1408, on 09 January 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

It's not possible to affect the outcome of a battle - no matter how hard you try. I am almost always in the top three of my team in points or number of aircraft shot down - but it makes no difference, any wins are just random and few compared to losses. Like you can capture an airfield, fly over it and protect it from enemy aircraft - then suddenly it changes, with no obvious enemy activity. So I just accept that I can have fun flying and shooting down enemy aircraft, but I will have no effect on the battle outcome. That seems to be the sort of limited game it has become - funny, cos World of Warships seems to work out much more logically.

That's the first time I ever heard that mentioned about World of Warplanes.

digitaljustice #3 Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1412 battles
  • [FADES] FADES
Where's Hamhock when we need him to clear up a topic?

cobra_marksman #4 Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5235 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLeo_1408, on 09 January 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

1.It's not possible to affect the outcome of a battle - no matter how hard you try. I am almost always in the top three of my team in points or number of aircraft shot down - but it makes no difference, " ….  of course you are... it's 3 real players -9 bots per side. Unless you are a fool and really suck at flying a plane, you should always be higher then any bot on the list. :ohmy:

2.. Like you can capture an airfield, fly over it and protect it from enemy aircraft - then suddenly it changes, with no obvious enemy activity. "  Unless your flying to the next base to cap & turn it.....your going to lose every time. The game is about capturing bases. Some bases are worth  more then others. Get to know their value in the game :playing:

3. " then suddenly it changes, with no obvious enemy activityYou are aware of enemy bombers & heavy bombers.. flying  Over those position, Sometimes were flying at " Max dogfighting & bombing level  ". it's not the game or even the boogieman …..chances are things are going on above your head that you don't see or are aware of..:hiding: 

Unless the player or game is bugged, ( black screen, joystick lock, packet losses, etc. ) it's not fixed, read up,..:bajan:.. watch the video's,.:popcorn:..  talk to players, …:kamikaze:. fly with a wingman:honoring: .

Edited by cobra_marksman, 09 January 2019 - 02:28 PM.

hamhockjones #5 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12563 battles
  Thank you Leo for pointing this out. What you saw happens a lot. The game is set for winners and losers before we even leave the hanger. When we are on the losing team but out flying, out scoring , and we are capturing the most sectors and keeping them, the game will take over and it makes sure the outcome stays the same by sectors flipping when no enemy is there, bots become almost impossible to kill and taking the flipped sector back is impossible !  Don't let those smartbutts get you down either. When we point these things out and ask for them to be changed , making the game a real competition, we get verbally assaulted and called whiners by these folks that are invested in this game and are on the payroll so to speak. Most of these guys carry a permanent 80 + win percentage that never goes down and they claim that their influence on winning matters and decides the outcome, when in fact they can somehow almost always get selected on the winning side ! They even get on here and tell straight up fibs of untrue things about the game. All I ever wanted was a fair game where both teams have a real chance of winning from the start.  I believe this could be done by this company but We may never see it done. They spend so much time trying to make us feel like its our imagination when we see the game steal our victory instead of the enemy taking it.  When I see some of these big 80 percent win guys on my team, I need not fire a shot because we won before it ever started, not because they are so good, but because the game is set for their team to win almost always. If they are on the other team its a sure loss whether they fire a single shot or not !!   Good job Leo, you the Man....and thanks again !   Plus this learn the value crap , none of that matters when the game is decided before we start !   HAM

Edited by hamhockjones, 09 January 2019 - 03:30 PM.

nwlxn12 #6 Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles
This game is broken.  I only play it to shoot planes down and let the bots/WG decide who wins and loses.  Even if the game is working as intended, it sure doesn't feel like it is working correctly.

Edited by nwlxn12, 09 January 2019 - 05:03 PM.

cobra_marksman #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5235 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postdigitaljustice, on 09 January 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

Where's Hamhock when we need him to clear up a topic?

LoL, ….Can we call him Muller, you know...the guy from X-Files :izmena:

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2615 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postcobra_marksman, on 09 January 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

Fox Mulder.

El_Mulo #9 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13454 battles

I got to, partially, agree with what LEO_1408 wrote. 
I 'd been in battles in which I destroyed all 3 main Groun Targets and several AA and the Command center refused to turn Blue, and when I finally did it, it last seconds in my hands.

Also there was a time in which I destroyed ALL ground targets of an Airfield two times and it didn't flip.

Also I've noticed that it is Far easier to win when you are in the LOW tier of the two that when you are in the HIGHER tier.

What we say to death?

WhiteKnight416 #10 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3710 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

View PostEl_Mulo, on 09 January 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

I got to, partially, agree with what LEO_1408 wrote. 
I 'd been in battles in which I destroyed all 3 main Groun Targets and several AA and the Command center refused to turn Blue, and when I finally did it, it last seconds in my hands.

Also there was a time in which I destroyed ALL ground targets of an Airfield two times and it didn't flip.

Also I've noticed that it is Far easier to win when you are in the LOW tier of the two that when you are in the HIGHER tier.

This is something that always frustrates GA pilots, including, because you're working hard crushing ground targets and then a well meaning friendly bumbles into the zone, promptly gets shot down and erased some of your hard work

I've definitely seen caps change hands quickly, both losing them and rapidly taking them away, it happens

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:50 AM

Captain

• 835 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostWhiteKnight416, on 09 January 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

This is something that always frustrates GA pilots, including, because you're working hard crushing ground targets and then a well meaning friendly bumbles into the zone, promptly gets shot down and erased some of your hard work

I've definitely seen caps change hands quickly, both losing them and rapidly taking them away, it happens

man of little words clears up the mystery

:popcorn:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Booze_Morgan #12 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 377 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

What about the guys who have the ungodly high win rates?  To me, that blows the rigged theory.

I will agree with the win/lose thing being broken somehow.  But until there is no one getting those high win rates, I cannot believe the battles are rigged.

Leo_1408 #13 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2635 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

Well, there's several points I want to make. The first being that I am probably a crap pilot - I don't have any tickets on myself or my abilities. I am also not saying the game is rigged, but what I reported in my OP is true. I started playing WOWS like over two years ago, and I have played it heaps more than this game (partly cos I didn't have a joystick, and couldn't handle the mouse keyboard method,) and there seems to be some logic in it. There are open battles and there are scenarios, and when you have captured all the areas, or sunk all the enemy ships, or done all the scenario requirements - you win, and if you haven't - you lose. You have a fair idea at any point of the battle how you are going. You can also turn a losing battle around by going YOLO in a destroyer and taking out a couple of the enemy battleships - there are no seemingly hidden forces.

So my criticism is not that it's rigged but that it's not very logical (like the whole respawn thing), and you feel you have no control over the outcome. Lol, I enjoy the flying and shooting so I stick with the game, but if I was winningaholic - I wouldn't. :D

Deltavee #14 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2054 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 09 January 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

Fox Mulder.

Dana Scully.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Deltavee #15 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2054 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostLeo_1408, on 09 January 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

Well, there's several points I want to make. The first being that I am probably a crap pilot - I don't have any tickets on myself or my abilities. I am also not saying the game is rigged, but what I reported in my OP is true. I started playing WOWS like over two years ago, and I have played it heaps more than this game (partly cos I didn't have a joystick, and couldn't handle the mouse keyboard method,) and there seems to be some logic in it. There are open battles and there are scenarios, and when you have captured all the areas, or sunk all the enemy ships, or done all the scenario requirements - you win, and if you haven't - you lose. You have a fair idea at any point of the battle how you are going. You can also turn a losing battle around by going YOLO in a destroyer and taking out a couple of the enemy battleships - there are no seemingly hidden forces.

So my criticism is not that it's rigged but that it's not very logical (like the whole respawn thing), and you feel you have no control over the outcome. Lol, I enjoy the flying and shooting so I stick with the game, but if I was winningaholic - I wouldn't. :D

I echo your sentiment.  I gave up on desperately trying to cap then suddenly *bot magic* happens and the score goes by you so fast it puts a new part in your hair. 

I too fly just for the sake of it.  If I run up a decent number of kills or I'm in the top three in personal points I'm a happy camper but I don't expect to win.  The ride is the destination. 

Win or lose, outflying somebody gives me much more satisfaction than a lopsided score at the end.  If I'm in a dogfight I am thoroughly engaged because I really want the other guy to go down.  I'm not playing any less hard because of my indifference to the score or win/lose situation.  I play like I'm on a team but I hunt solo.  It's just my nature.

And yeah, Leo, I like WoWS for the same reason you do.  It's visible.  It's trackable.  And your equipment performs as advertised.  I'm as happy knife-fighting in an agile destroyer as I am in a dogfight. Killing a battleship with a destroyer in CQC when you're within slapping distance of it is a great buzz when you pull it off.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

comtedumas #16 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6390 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Postcobra_marksman, on 09 January 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

Mulder.  

Leo_1408 #17 Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2635 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

View PostDeltavee, on 10 January 2019 - 03:10 AM, said:

I echo your sentiment.  I gave up on desperately trying to cap then suddenly *bot magic* happens and the score goes by you so fast it puts a new part in your hair. 

I too fly just for the sake of it.  If I run up a decent number of kills or I'm in the top three in personal points I'm a happy camper but I don't expect to win.  The ride is the destination. 

Win or lose, outflying somebody gives me much more satisfaction than a lopsided score at the end.  If I'm in a dogfight I am thoroughly engaged because I really want the other guy to go down.  I'm not playing any less hard because of my indifference to the score or win/lose situation.  I play like I'm on a team but I hunt solo.  It's just my nature.

And yeah, Leo, I like WoWS for the same reason you do.  It's visible.  It's trackable.  And your equipment performs as advertised.  I'm as happy knife-fighting in an agile destroyer as I am in a dogfight. Killing a battleship with a destroyer in CQC when you're within slapping distance of it is a great buzz when you pull it off.

Great! What's your nick in WOWS - I'm Leo_1408, same as here.  C'ya there! :honoring:

Greg_Pattinson #18 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 13663 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

It is possible but its not intuitive by any means.  first you have to learn the fundamentals of air combat which in itself is not an easy task.  real world professional military pilots spend their entire career learning just that. But on top of that you have to learn the game objectives and strategy and then learn how to game the game.  most battles like 99% only take 1 really good player to decide the outcome.  the exception is when you have 2 or more really good players on the opposing team but that is very rare.  after 5000 battles my win rate was only 50%.  it was only 55% after 10,000 battles.  it wasn't until recently that I started getting over 80% win rate in a day regularly and even then not constantly.  

1 learn to solo cap any sector in any plane.  even a LF can solo cap a mine by killing GAs already there.

2 learn to solo carry.  This means knowing what sectors are important on a given map during the current battle situation.  It will change minute by minute. 

3 learn to game the game.  some planes and some classes are better than others and some planes counter others.  first example- I play mostly American planes but this actually makes things harder for myself and my win rate would be better if I flew better planes.  example 2- recently someone was complaining on discord about loosing a lot.  He was flying an IL20 and kept getting matched up against me in a XP58.  a good heavy is a counter plane to a GA which is normally a good solo carry plane.  If he simply waited 2-3 minutes after a battle before joining the next I would have already been in battle (max que time is 1:50) so he wouldn't be matched against his counter plane over and over.  My battle would have sucked up all the human players at the tier and he would probably be left with an easy all bot battle.  He was a good pilot and flew well  (maybe even better than me)  but he kept loosing because he was against his counter plane over and over.  

win rate does not reflect how good you are as a pilot.  it reflects how good you are at the game.  its a completely different thing.  

SkyWolf__WM #19 Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4935 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Maybe someone should start another post on the subject?
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

nwlxn12 #20 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

This game is not very transparent.  The only messages you see in game are when a team plane gets shot down.  You don't see a message about a bot defense plane getting shot down, so in a contested (neutral) sector with both teams fighting for it, you don't see the notification for which team shot the defense plane down.  Also you don't see messages about ground targets being destroyed.  This might fill up that message section and some may consider it too much, but when you are defending a sector and you are close to losing it, it might help you see why the zone flipped after you just destroyed an enemy plane and watched the circle change from blue to red instead of your blue circle filling up more.

Anything that is not transparent in game can lead us to think the game is...how should I put this....rigged.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users