Joystick Freezing Up Issue

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Vradin #1 Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4388 battles

Hey all, not a fix for joystick users but while randomly smashing keys and buttons after getting shot down I discovered that if you hold the right or left mouse key while pressing the "A" or "D" key you can actually get your plane to roll. Again not a fix but at least you can use the roll to direct your plane into the ground instead of flying around aimless for minutes on end and hopefully get your joystick controls reset upon respawn  :facepalm:.

You'll have to have the "A" and "D" keys still configured to in your control settings of course, maybe it's just my setup but can any other joystick users confirm this ?

Edited by Vradin, 08 January 2019 - 01:54 AM.

Azis_ #2 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 807 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

The other option is to pay for premium account, you will still get the bug but at least you will still win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

Azis_ #3 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 807 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

6 battles tonight and every one I had this bug, usually after my first respawn and just before the squal line...of course and when it matters most!

I don't have premium account, but the one day I did, I still had the bug but I wont 8/10 battles regardless!

So any incentive for WG....does any one still know how to do Math???????????

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

Chuck_norris10 #4 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:26 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 673 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostAzis_, on 07 January 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

6 battles tonight and every one I had this bug, usually after my first respawn and just before the squal line...of course and when it matters most!

I don't have premium account, but the one day I did, I still had the bug but I wont 8/10 battles regardless!

We could start a go fund me account to get someone on the dev team a joystick.

sadly.....I'm serious.

At this point I dont think they care.

Captain_Rownd #5 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 898 battles

I had an odd variation of the problem today where my trigger button died instead of my joystick controls.  The trigger got stuck "on" at one point on the first sortie, causing guns to stay overheated and ineffective, and then on respawn the trigger was completely dead "off".  On the NEXT respawn joystick controls were dead.  Weirdness. 

Edited by Captain_Rownd, 08 January 2019 - 05:09 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15441 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
I was deadstick over and over again yesterday. A very, very bad day. I deleted the game this morning and have had zero problems after reloading it.  About 12 battles so far.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GonerNL #7 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 824 battles

View PostVradin, on 08 January 2019 - 02:53 AM, said:

Again not a fix but at least you can use the roll to direct your plane into the ground instead of flying around aimless for minutes on end 

I use the button for 'sniper view' to do that ; when you go into sniper view you get control for a very short time, enough to direct the plane into the nearest obstacle ...

View PostAzis_, on 08 January 2019 - 04:10 AM, said:

On my EU account I have had premium for over a year and my WR is just 52% ... care to do the math on that ??

Edited by GonerNL, 08 January 2019 - 11:59 AM.

Flying on EU and NA server

Kjim #8 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• 4532 battles

View PostAzis_, on 08 January 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

The other option is to pay for premium account, you will still get the bug but at least you will still win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a premium account but sure don't win every time.....and I don't think they will fix this until the event is over....maybe they think that will fix it.

bradk62 #9 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3136 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 08 January 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

I was deadstick over and over again yesterday. A very, very bad day. I deleted the game this morning and have had zero problems after reloading it.  About 12 battles so far.

Me too.  Started slowly and gradually increased to every re-spawn.  I tried to switch to mouse in-flight.  Most of the time the mouse wasn't functioning for control either.  

Did you try clearing the cache before you reinstalled?

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15441 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Postbradk62, on 08 January 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Me too.  Started slowly and gradually increased to every re-spawn.  I tried to switch to mouse in-flight.  Most of the time the mouse wasn't functioning for control either.  

Did you try clearing the cache before you reinstalled?

Of course and also check and repair tool.  No help there.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

ASF_Zebra #11 Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

Airman Basic

• 1578 battles
I too have a premium account, it sure does not guarantee victory!  I am using a Logitech 3D Pro Joystick and about every other match have the locked (or frozen) stick.  My only resolution is to do a quick control alt delete and restart computer, restart game and when I get to hanger it loads game up automatically and if game is still running I enter with a operational Control stick.  Hope this helps!

Azis_ #12 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 807 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostKjim, on 08 January 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

I have a premium account but sure don't win every time.....and I don't think they will fix this until the event is over....maybe they think that will fix it.

View PostGonerNL, on 08 January 2019 - 02:34 AM, said:

I use the button for 'sniper view' to do that ; when you go into sniper view you get control for a very short time, enough to direct the plane into the nearest obstacle ...

On my EU account I have had premium for over a year and my WR is just 52% ... care to do the math on that ??

In over 12k battles pre 2.Ohcrap I managed over 50% as well, now I am lucky to maintain 45%.

Just meant to say that the one day I had premium, even with the bug when I restarted game and got back in, I still won 8/10 before I called it for the night.

So ya I have done the math.

I wonder how many these days even know what long division is, or pencil and paper...:coin:

DrSinister #13 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:04 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Found this on the RU forums, response when he sent in a bug issue (translated with google translate):

Got a response CPT:

Hello. 
To find out the causes of the problem , please let us know the details of the installed game client by sending a WGCheck report  
Detailed information on creating a report can be found in the  illustrated article  on our website."

Answered and sent  WoWP_report.wgc.

Got a response CPT:

Thank you for the information provided. The problem that you encountered is known, our experts are working to eliminate it. It is possible that the problem will be solved in one of our next updates. 
We apologize for any inconvenience. 
Thank you for contacting the Customer Support Center . "

They know that it is an Error in the game that is causing it and that it will get resolved.  Just when we do not know.

bradk62 #14 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:31 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3136 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 08 January 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

Of course and also check and repair tool.  No help there.

I cleared the cache and the joystick locked up the first time games.  I reinstalled the game then flew the entire night without incident - with the joystick anyway :).

Thanks for the help.  Not a good fix but I am back in the game.

GonerNL #15 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 824 battles

View PostASF_Zebra, on 08 January 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

My only resolution is to do a quick control alt delete and restart computer, restart game and when I get to hanger it loads game up automatically and if game is still running I enter with a operational Control stick.  Hope this helps!

There are quicker ways ... you can quit the battle by going to hangar and hope next game the bug doesn't bite, it's completely random. You can also go to 'sniper view' (button 2 on my 3D Pro) push stick forward to dive & crash.

Of course both 'solutions' are bad for your score and bad for your team (1 man down) ... but hey, the bug is only more than 2 weeks old !!

And like I said in other threads, it looks as if not using Battle! button but always let it count down to start automatically, alleviates the problem a bit.

Flying on EU and NA server

Sceadugengan #16 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:41 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 547 battles
It appears that the problem is related to the in game chat system.  Be it actual chatting (typing), or being able to click on the map (ping or select start point).  If you can keep away from using any of those, you have a better chance not to get bugged out.

SkyWolf__WM #17 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:18 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Wow. I didn't know about this.

You would think that there would be some mention of this somewhere on the forums.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users