Jump to content


Bomber Lines


  • Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Jazz_4 #21 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:46 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1459 battles
  • 250
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
  • Member since:
    11-05-2016
go for the p40 in the USA line it's a fun fighter plane 

Booze_Morgan #22 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:52 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 376 battles
  • 184
  • [RBL_] RBL_
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

View PostJazz_4, on 07 January 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

go for the p40 in the USA line it's a fun fighter plane 

 

This is a bomber thread, but thanks.  I flew the P 40 pre 2.0 lots and had it down pat. In my very humble opinion, it is now a shadow of itself.  Maybe it got buffed.

 

Again, bomber info please.



Booze_Morgan #23 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:55 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 376 battles
  • 184
  • [RBL_] RBL_
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

I am flying the 17G right now, and when I am uptiered, there are fighters that can handle me handily, if they know how.  I did chase down a USSR bomber and vaporize it.  Other than that, am having a great time blowing up ground targets two drops at a time.  Working on the next higher tier bomber as I used up every available credit to get this far.

 

SUggestions? Secrets?



trikke #24 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:48 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2782 battles
  • 2,511
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

i wish i had better pro tips for the 17g for you than what you've already discovered...  line up your carpet drops waaay in advance 

 

and boost through the cap to stretch out your path of destruction 

 

sigh...  i do exactly as much damage per sortie in my tier 3 brit and german bombers as i do in my T6 b-17g and many more ground targets per sortie 

 

i know that i'm not doing it right, in the 17g


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Booze_Morgan #25 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:07 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 376 battles
  • 184
  • [RBL_] RBL_
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

View Posttrikke, on 07 January 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

i wish i had better pro tips for the 17g for you than what you've already discovered...  line up your carpet drops waaay in advance 

 

and boost through the cap to stretch out your path of destruction 

 

sigh...  i do exactly as much damage per sortie in my tier 3 brit and german bombers as i do in my T6 b-17g and many more ground targets per sortie 

 

i know that i'm not doing it right, in the 17g

 

I'm seeing the same thing trikke.  I think we must learn to line up better, maybe make a curve as we drop and hit boost, dunno.

Jazz_4 #26 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:31 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1459 battles
  • 250
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
  • Member since:
    11-05-2016
hey booze just a heads up I don't know if it's just me but players and bots that are heavy fighters will follow you and target you out just a heads up its been happening to me a lot also flight up with a friend so they can help clear your tail. 

Captain_Underpants53 #27 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:48 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17021 battles
  • 2,050
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

You will almost never get more than two targets with one string of bombs in either of the B-17s.  It's a function of how they ripple off the racks.  If you could slow down the ripple rate they would be much deadlier.  That being said, the important thing is WHICH two targets you get with each string.  Special targets are key.  The speed of the bomber helps do this but the strings don't really last long enough to warrant trying to curve them around by steering.  Line up carefully on the best two targets (or four) and let go.  On the other hand, the B.32................

 

The B-32 can take out at least four targets with each string.  Yee haw!  Again speed is key and here, steering to bend the path of the bombs is a real help.  I expect the nerf bats to come out (again) and beat it into mediocrity.  Until then, it is by far my favorite bomber.

 

I really should only speak to the bombers but I will go out on a limb and say that there is no other plane class that benefits as much from being Spec.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

comtedumas #28 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:58 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6390 battles
  • 1,105
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 07 January 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

Making notes, THANK YOU. So the USSR line is not good?

 

the USSR line has its own play style and is hard to play.  I am a pretty good bomber and I haven’t gotten a handle on them yet.  (Except the RB-17.  Everybody needs a RB-17 once they get bombing down.) 

 

The Bombers to start with are the T3 Blenheim as the precision bomber trainer and the He-111 as the string bomber trainer.  They Re both premiums, but they aren’t very expensive and you can learn bombing from them.  



legoboy0401 #29 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:26 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 891 battles
  • 1,022
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View Postcomtedumas, on 07 January 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

 

the USSR line has its own play style and is hard to play.  I am a pretty good bomber and I haven’t gotten a handle on them yet.  (Except the RB-17.  Everybody needs a RB-17 once they get bombing down.) 

 

The Bombers to start with are the T3 Blenheim as the precision bomber trainer and the He-111 as the string bomber trainer.  They Re both premiums, but they aren’t very expensive and you can learn bombing from them.  

 

Can the He-111 actually hit multiple targets with one string? In the case of the Do 17 Z, Ju-88a, and RB-17 they can't do it, it's a proven fact.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

 

Spoiler

 


SpiritFoxMY #30 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:31 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3638 battles
  • 2,235
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View Postlegoboy0401, on 08 January 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

 

Can the He-111 actually hit multiple targets with one string? In the case of the Do 17 Z, Ju-88a, and RB-17 they can't do it, it's a proven fact.

 

The Heinkel can hit two targets in a string... if you're incredibly lucky and the positions of the targets are aligned juuuuust right. And you're flying at max speed. At the correct angle. With great timing. And premium ordnance.

 

In practice, its just safer and more reliable to use the Heinkel's four drops to guarantee the destruction of four high value targets in the same way you would the strings of a B-17 or the single drops of the Do217M. Because you have four strings instead of just two, Heinkels are actually the most reliable bomber for flipping targets before the Do217M or B-32.


Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 08 January 2019 - 06:31 AM.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


legoboy0401 #31 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:43 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 891 battles
  • 1,022
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 07 January 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

 

The Heinkel can hit two targets in a string... if you're incredibly lucky and the positions of the targets are aligned juuuuust right. And you're flying at max speed. At the correct angle. With great timing. And premium ordnance.

 

In practice, its just safer and more reliable to use the Heinkel's four drops to guarantee the destruction of four high value targets in the same way you would the strings of a B-17 or the single drops of the Do217M. Because you have four strings instead of just two, Heinkels are actually the most reliable bomber for flipping targets before the Do217M or B-32.

 

Sounds like what the two non-premium German multi-drop Bombers(Do 17 Z and Ju-88a) are already designed to do.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

 

Spoiler

 


SpiritFoxMY #32 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:02 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3638 battles
  • 2,235
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

Pretty much. You can see in this video that the opportunities for stringing targets together is just very very rare. You can (especially early on there's a clear opportunity for me to chain a couple of targets together), but it's usually just better to focus on the big high value targets. 

 

IMO the Heinkel simply reinforces what I already did regularly in the other bombers - saturate an area with bombs to guarantee a kill. It's main advantages over the -17z are its larger hp pool  superior gunner coverage and more forgiving altitude limits.

 


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


Azis_ #33 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:40 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1551 battles
  • 1,572
  • [RBL_] RBL_
  • Member since:
    02-20-2013

Moderated by Volier_Zcit


Edited by Volier_Zcit, 09 January 2019 - 12:11 AM.

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

SpiritFoxMY #34 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:04 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3638 battles
  • 2,235
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

Moderated by Volier_Zcit 

 


Edited by Volier_Zcit, 09 January 2019 - 12:11 AM.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


Captain_Underpants53 #35 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:34 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17021 battles
  • 2,050
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 08 January 2019 - 03:04 AM, said:

 

Moderated by Volier_Zcit 

 

:medal:

Edited by Volier_Zcit, 09 January 2019 - 12:13 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #36 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:38 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17021 battles
  • 2,050
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 08 January 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

 

The Heinkel can hit two targets in a string... if you're incredibly lucky and the positions of the targets are aligned juuuuust right. And you're flying at max speed. At the correct angle. With great timing. And premium ordnance.

 

In practice, its just safer and more reliable to use the Heinkel's four drops to guarantee the destruction of four high value targets in the same way you would the strings of a B-17 or the single drops of the Do217M. Because you have four strings instead of just two, Heinkels are actually the most reliable bomber for flipping targets before the Do217M or B-32.

 

Yes.  And you can't chain its drops together.  What I mean by that is most of the bombers will allow you to press the pickle button WHILE the previous drop is still happening.  The He-111 makes you wait until that very last bomb ripples off.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

comtedumas #37 Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6390 battles
  • 1,105
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View Postlegoboy0401, on 08 January 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

 

Can the He-111 actually hit multiple targets with one string? In the case of the Do 17 Z, Ju-88a, and RB-17 they can't do it, it's a proven fact.

 

I don’t think it can do multiple targets, but I am proposing the He-111 as a trainer to learn how to drop strings, and once you get the basics down with it you can evolve into dropping B-17 and B-32 strings.  



comtedumas #38 Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6390 battles
  • 1,105
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 08 January 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

Pretty much. You can see in this video that the opportunities for stringing targets together is just very very rare. You can (especially early on there's a clear opportunity for me to chain a couple of targets together), but it's usually just better to focus on the big high value targets. 

 

IMO the Heinkel simply reinforces what I already did regularly in the other bombers - saturate an area with bombs to guarantee a kill. It's main advantages over the -17z are its larger hp pool  superior gunner coverage and more forgiving altitude limits.

 

 

I watched your video, you have the He-111 down pat.  Well done.

Edited by comtedumas, 08 January 2019 - 09:38 AM.


GonerNL #39 Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 875 battles
  • 887
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostAzis_, on 08 January 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

 Moderated by Volier_Zcit

 

LOL. 

Jeez, now all the bomber pilots will lay awake at night because of that ... NOT!!


Edited by Volier_Zcit, 09 January 2019 - 12:14 AM.

Flying on NA and EU servers

EZP_MRKARP #40 Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5745 battles
  • 280
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
the only good bomber is a dead one




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users