When everyone is RIGHT, no one will be

Freedom Right Moral

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

sandtiger #21 Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20013 battles

the did not for get they said in one of the patch  notes if  someone  leaves the bots will try to make up for the player that was lost so the have left the game so they have some kinda thing in place for that as well

i not sure how it works or what it dose but it has some mechanic  to help for the lose of players

Perco_lator #22 Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:28 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles
Simply, if you sign up to play a team game with & against other players & quit before or during a game for anything other than RL issues you are a POS.

CorvusCorvax #23 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:27 AM

Captain

• 3385 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPerco_lator, on 07 January 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

Simply, if you sign up to play a team game with & against other players & quit before or during a game for anything other than RL issues you are a POS.

Yeah, but who cares what you think?

Perco_lator #24 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:12 AM

• 11 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 06 January 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

Yeah, but who cares what you think?

You've already admitted to quitting games, of course you don't like hearing that you are a POS.

Bluegoose02 #25 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3413 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Sorry but when you hit that battle button your time and dime became a part of a team , if you can't stay and finish a game you started ( short of real life problem) ,don't play the game. It's that simple.Hit that button you make a commitment to others. 

GonerNL #26 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 958 battles

View PostBluegoose02, on 07 January 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Hit that button you make a commitment to others. 

You mean the 11 bots on your 'team' ?

And what about WG's commitment to make it possible for all of us to play  ? At the moment I have to abort about 1 in 3 battles because I can not even control my plane.

Flying on NA and EU servers

comealong1 #27 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6933 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
WE ALL NEED TO BOYCOTT THIS BUG RIDDLED GAME UNTIL THEY APPLY HOTFIXES.

gerr22 #28 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

• 4473 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
i will agree with Booze when you click battle stay committed that is why you installed the game not the oh i m gonna loose next game type thing TRY to win it it may be am experience for some of you

comealong1 #29 Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6933 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Don't know what you can do until you try... BUT A BOYCOTT IS ON!

trikke #30 Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

Captain

• 3185 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i always stay until the end...    until, this last week, i left a battle

i was doing so badly that a couple of several bots were ahead of me on my team, and the only other human was an ace on the other side

it was just a temper tantrum, and because i did that, i can no longer say that i always stay until the end

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

comealong1 #31 Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:11 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6933 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Only ounce is best you can say now.

GalileoAstra #32 Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 832 battles

Its personal choice.

I have plenty of games that matchmaker heavily favored one side. Do I play and get steamrolled by paired up expert planes, or deny them the satisfaction of seal clubbing?

Sometimes I am on receiving end, sometimes on giving. I do not particularly enjoy 15k seal clubbing achievements.

I came back to game 2 month ago, and probably will not stay.

Here are my observations.

Level 3 expert planes with 10+ point pilots, purely seal club setup and big reason new players get frustrated and quit. Forced by WG daily missions, executed by min max player. 

Level 5 expert planes. Same setup, except they quit if up tiered, they only want top tier match to club tier 4.

Level 8 up-tiered battles are frustrating against average+ player in expert Lvl 9 plane. Performance gap between levels in upper tiers is too big.

So far I enjoy level 6 battles the most, I can take level 7 planes, and level 5 planes are still competitive and can take level 6 planes.

When there are only 2-3 humans per side, there is no team, especially if they in different class aircraft.

If player has 1 hr to play, why would he/she waste time being mismatched. Min max player will not. Casual will. 

cobra_marksman #33 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6298 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostGalileoAstra, on 07 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Its personal choice.

I have plenty of games that matchmaker heavily favored one side. Do I play and get steamrolled by paired up expert planes, or deny them the satisfaction of seal clubbing?

Sometimes I am on receiving end, sometimes on giving. I do not particularly enjoy 15k seal clubbing achievements.

I came back to game 2 month ago, and probably will not stay.

Here are my observations.

Level 3 expert planes with 10+ point pilots, purely seal club setup and big reason new players get frustrated and quit. Forced by WG daily missions, executed by min max player.

Level 5 expert planes. Same setup, except they quit if up tiered, they only want top tier match to club tier 4.

Level 8 up-tiered battles are frustrating against average+ player in expert Lvl 9 plane. Performance gap between levels in upper tiers is too big.

So far I enjoy level 6 battles the most, I can take level 7 planes, and level 5 planes are still competitive and can take level 6 planes.

When there are only 2-3 humans per side, there is no team, especially if they in different class aircraft.

If player has 1 hr to play, why would he/she waste time being mismatched. Min max player will not. Casual will.

Agreed ..:).  most of the time,....  matches are pretty much evenly matched. But their are times when ( seal clubbing achievers ) are out head hunting players. No one should have to " stay " to be picked on by On-Line Bully's.:playing: This is just a few,... of many  " reasons " why ( with no shame ) should players should be allowed to bow out of a bad round.

Zigfreid #34 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14468 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Some people have a lot of Quit in them, others dig deep and become hero's.:)

Prenzlau #35 Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9934 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

One of my points was that it is hard to proceed to criticizing WG which does need to happen because it is input and feedback, but when players are opting out of battles intentionally that they either don't like or feel that it is futile, the remaining human players lose even more. Some players might be trying to obtain personal points, kills, or trying to complete missions, and by dropping out, the battle might be shortened and they lose more than just the battle. If a player simply does not care about the other players they play with, then that obviously is their prerogative, but it is a selfish and apathetic one. Empathy, compassion, honor, loyalty and a competitive spirit are NOT required to play this game. I fully understand that. That said, people might need to realize that their games are not just influenced by the red team but also by their own team members who are basically only out for themselves.

Back to my point. We can talk all day about the issues with the game and possible rigging, for whatever reasons. When games are being altered and influenced intentionally by players on your own team that drop out because they do not want the inconvenience then the "rigging" starts there. 

Any player with any experience will agree that there are many battles that flip flop back and forth in score and caps. I've seen superiority belong to one side and then the other side rallies and takes superiority from them. I have personally in my bomber carried a struggling team and gained superiority over other teams which 70-90% of the battle had a commanding lead and my team caught them and won because the other team had many planes dead at the squall. 

Yes there are lop sided battles that happen, but just the same there are many battles that do flip and momentum changes. So droppers and quitters better be really, really good at spotting these lop sided battles or otherwise if they leave too early, they might be ending any chance of a rally or come back. 

I respect people's freedom of choice, but it is a tainted freedom when your actions are a detriment to others. In a sense the quitters reap the rewards and prestige of wins but cannot endure the consequences of the loss. Winning and losing is more than just a statistic to me at least. To others, that might be all it is.

Prenzlau_Tyrannus

Edited by Prenzlau_Tyrannus, 07 January 2019 - 04:11 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #36 Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:38 PM

Captain

• 974 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

so,

if I am playing a game of solitaire and realize that the game cannot be won...

am I free to fold the deck?

well, ahem...

that's a fairly close analogy to what we're debating here

EDIT:

in the future there will be raspberry retorts

https://web.archive....be/page__st__40

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 07 January 2019 - 08:31 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Prenzlau #37 Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9934 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 07 January 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

so,

if I am playing a game of solitaire and realize that the game cannot be won...

am I free to fold the deck?

well, ahem...

that's a fairly close analogy to what we're debating here

To put it bluntly what this all really comes down to is psychological losers and psychological winners. 

Winners win more frequent because they don't quit.

Losers lose more frequent because they quit and are psychological defeatists.

Just as it is in real life, it is your right to quit, give up and fail. There is no law against being a loser. 

People have to identify with their actions and take responsibility for their actions. There is no rule in Warplanes that says you cannot quit. That is a fact. Are there consequences for quitting? Probably only as far as your conscious goes. 

So people have the right and freedom to be as cowardly as they wish.

Prenzlau_Tyrannus

nwlxn12 #38 Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles
Most games are predictable and as long as that is the case, I suspect people will "forfeit" out of losing matches.  With that and WG putting win requirement on missions, I don't see this changing.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #39 Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:58 PM

Captain

• 974 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPrenzlau_Tyrannus, on 07 January 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

To put it bluntly what this all really comes down to is psychological losers and psychological winners. 

Winners win more frequent because they don't quit.

Losers lose more frequent because they quit and are psychological defeatists.

Just as it is in real life, it is your right to quit, give up and fail. There is no law against being a loser. 

People have to identify with their actions and take responsibility for their actions. There is no rule in Warplanes that says you cannot quit. That is a fact. Are there consequences for quitting? Probably only as far as your conscious goes. 

So people have the right and freedom to be as cowardly as they wish.

Prenzlau_Tyrannus

you do realize that you've strengthened my importance of a game of solitaire point...

correct?

it seems you award cowardliness and bravery like marshmallow badges to a stupid pixel game...

I'm so  glad you have your priorities in perfect order...

:rolleyes:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Prenzlau #40 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9934 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 07 January 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

you do realize that you've strengthened my importance of a game of solitaire point...

correct?

it seems you award cowardliness and bravery like marshmallow badges to a stupid pixel game...

I'm so  glad you have your priorities in perfect order...

:rolleyes:

I think you already know my psychology Ace. You would make a fine court jester in my mead hall. Someone to make jokes and little witty quips until I either got bored or tired of you. So I tolerate you.

Prenzlau_Tyrannus

Also tagged with Freedom, Right, Moral

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users