Jump to content


Hey Blindfold! Respawn Joystick Bug - Is Persha going to fix?

respawn joystick loss of control bug fix timeframe

  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

GonerNL #21 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:48 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 824 battles
  • 678
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostblindfoId, on 08 January 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

The key problem causing this issue was disclosed ...

 

Have you got a link to where this was disclosed ??

I'm very interested/curious to read what actually causes this bug ...

 

By the way ; it might be useful to know that by not pressing Battle! at all, but always let the count down start the battle, the problem seems to happen a bit less.


Edited by GonerNL, 08 January 2019 - 11:53 AM.

Flying on EU and NA server

Captain_Underpants53 #22 Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15356 battles
  • 1,546
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

:medal:View PostGonerNL, on 08 January 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

 

Have you got a link to where this was disclosed ??

I'm very interested/curious to read what actually causes this bug ...

 

By the way ; it might be useful to know that by not pressing Battle! at all, but always let the count down start the battle, the problem seems to happen a bit less.

 

I also would like to read this 'disclosure'.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 08 January 2019 - 01:14 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #23 Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:29 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 7 battles
  • 691
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018
Probably used the wrong word. I used it as a synonym to "find out", my bad. 

GonerNL #24 Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 824 battles
  • 678
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

Ah OK, "discovered" you mean ...

Still would love to know a bit more  :) just curious. Professional deviation I guess ... 


Flying on EU and NA server

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #25 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:50 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 792 battles
  • 3,633
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

Dear Dr. Ruth,
I'm having problems with my joystick...
it use to be it would work fine after respawn,
but now, not so much
I still love everything about it except something has changed
I'm wondering if it's me, my partner, the game
still not sure
any advice would be helpful and appreciated
signed,
Dissatisfied in Dover

:facepalm:


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Captain_Underpants53 #26 Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15356 battles
  • 1,546
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 08 January 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Dear Dr. Ruth,
I'm having problems with my joystick...
it use to be it would work fine after respawn,
but now, not so much
I still love everything about it except something has changed
I'm wondering if it's me, my partner, the game
still not sure
any advice would be helpful and appreciated
signed,
Dissatisfied in Dover

:facepalm:

 

Dear Dissatisfied in Dover,

 

You are getting old, dude!  But they do have pills to make lil' Perky sit right up again!

 

I hope this helps.

 

Dr. Ruthless


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bobby_Tables #27 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4650 battles
  • 1,383
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostblindfoId, on 08 January 2019 - 05:10 AM, said:

Hi, Bobby.

 

[Deleted for space]

 

Hey Blindfold, thanks for responding.  Hopefully it's fixed quickly.  And if I could put in a word for gamepads...  That would be yet another differentiator against the [unnamed] competition.  XBox and Playstation controller support would probably go over well with the Steam community, ya know? 

 

There are a lot of things this company could do to improve interest.  Expanded, rather than shrinking controller support would be probably a low cost expense with a possible excellent return.

 

Just don't break it every upgrade.  

 


Edited by Bobby_Tables, 09 January 2019 - 07:05 AM.


egikov #28 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 2505 battles
  • 178
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBobby_Tables, on 09 January 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

 

Hey Blindfold, thanks for responding.  Hopefully it's fixed quickly.  And if I could put in a word for gamepads...  That would be yet another differentiator against the [unnamed] competition.  XBox and Playstation controller support would probably go over well with the Steam community, ya know? 

 

There are a lot of things this company could do to improve interest.  Expanded, rather than shrinking controller support would be probably a low cost expense with a possible excellent return.

 

Just don't break it every upgrade.  

 

Suggesting to create support for game system controllers in a thread were a joystick does not work is not a good idea.

 

This is a plane game that barely living, and a joystick bug might be the final nail in the coffin.

Of course, ps4/ps3/xbox controllers would make the game better, but let them fix joystick bug first.

I could also suggest game console and mobile version of the game; but I'm not even gonna put it suggestions. This game is not there yet, it is still at testing phase and will be there, as long as, we have "clear cache" option and serious bugs like a joystick bug.



SkyWolf__WM #29 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • 4,043
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

A joystick bug?

1st I've heard of it and I ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


WolfWiz #30 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4453 battles
  • 172
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostblindfoId, on 08 January 2019 - 03:10 AM, said:

Hi, Bobby.

 

I am not sure if you have been tracing the situation with the joystick issue and checked my answers but I will gladly repeat them. 

 

The problem with planes losing control after respawn when using joystick is officially recognized and the works have been started as soon as the needed data (including logs which I am really grateful for) was received. The key problem causing this issue was disclosed and the team is looking for the ways to fix it. To my greatest regret I cannot give any estimated time for the fix release but as soon as I am aware of it I will gladly inform you. 

 

I fully understand the inconvenience you are facing and the frustration caused but this particular issue takes much time and efforts from the team as the core triggers causing the problem are much more difficult that it may seem and require lots of work to be done. The joystick issue - as you might notice yourselves - has not 100% chance to be reproduced thus the team needs to reveal all the instances when this problem appears to take them into account when fixing. 

 

I passed your reports and feedback long ago and try to keep you updated on the process. Thank you for being involved and interested in the game. 

 

Ummm, maybe instead of all the nonsense Christmas graphics we all know how graphic focused your programmers are putting actual game play in the back seat... Things might get done, but years of chat bug, crashes and now back to one of the most unstable releases in 6 months... Welcome to the Wonderful World of WG failures....

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance...

 

 


SkyWolf__WM #31 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • 4,043
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

Sigh part 2.

If you use the search function then you might be able to find more info on this problem.


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


SkyWolf__WM #32 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • 4,043
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostWolfWiz, on 11 January 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

 

Ummm, maybe instead of all the nonsense Christmas graphics we all know how graphic focused your programmers are putting actual game play in the back seat... Things might get done, but years of chat bug, crashes and now back to one of the most unstable releases in 6 months... Welcome to the Wonderful World of WG failures....

 

Sigh part 3....

If you would use the search function you would see that your answers are already on the forums.

 Now......

There are many more people playing than you know.

The game is far from dead.

Everything you've said is wrong, has already been addressed, is repetitive or untrue.

Can you at least TRY to use the search function before making the same complaint over and over?  :unsure:

Dude...at least TRY the search function 1st.

 


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


SkyWolf__WM #33 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:04 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • 4,043
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostGonerNL, on 08 January 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

 

Have you got a link to where this was disclosed ??

I'm very interested/curious to read what actually causes this bug ...

 

By the way ; it might be useful to know that by not pressing Battle! at all, but always let the count down start the battle, the problem seems to happen a bit less.

 

All of this ampersand comma apostrophe question mark period period stuff has been posted here many apostrophe question mark ampersand comma times. Please use the search function that you MENTIONED before you post anymore question mark ampersand comma apostrophe colon period equal sign asterisk.

You are WELCOME. 


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


blindfoId #34 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:11 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 7 battles
  • 691
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostBobby_Tables, on 09 January 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

 

Hey Blindfold, thanks for responding.  Hopefully it's fixed quickly.  And if I could put in a word for gamepads...  That would be yet another differentiator against the [unnamed] competition.  XBox and Playstation controller support would probably go over well with the Steam community, ya know? 

 

There are a lot of things this company could do to improve interest.  Expanded, rather than shrinking controller support would be probably a low cost expense with a possible excellent return.

 

Just don't break it every upgrade.  

 

 

The joystick issue is much more important thing now and until it is fixed, I believe, the team won't move further. But as far as I am aware of there are plans to start works on gamepad support to adjust it, at least XBox gamepad. At the moment you can play in World of Warplanes using XBox controller by the way, PS and Steam controllers, in turn, are not supported. 

 

View PostWolfWiz, on 11 January 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

 

Ummm, maybe instead of all the nonsense Christmas graphics we all know how graphic focused your programmers are putting actual game play in the back seat... Things might get done, but years of chat bug, crashes and now back to one of the most unstable releases in 6 months... Welcome to the Wonderful World of WG failures....

 

Although I can perfectly understand your frustration but this is not how it works. Graphics, events, bug fixing, maps, aircraft balance and so on are tasks for different development departments. If the responsible for aircraft balance team, for example, stop balancing aircraft it doesn't mean that, for example, the joystick issue will be fixed. They are tasks for different people. 

trikke #35 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2639 battles
  • 2,224
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostblindfoId, on 11 January 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

 

The joystick issue is much more important thing now and until it is fixed, I believe, the team won't move further. But as far as I am aware of there are plans to start works on gamepad support to adjust it, at least XBox gamepad. At the moment you can play in World of Warplanes using XBox controller by the way, PS and Steam controllers, in turn, are not supported. 

 

 

Although I can perfectly understand your frustration but this is not how it works. Graphics, events, bug fixing, maps, aircraft balance and so on are tasks for different development departments. If the responsible for aircraft balance team, for example, stop balancing aircraft it doesn't mean that, for example, the joystick issue will be fixed. They are tasks for different people. 

 

ty, BF!
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

mnbv_fockewulfe #36 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 274 battles
  • 3,181
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostblindfoId, on 11 January 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

 

The joystick issue is much more important thing now and until it is fixed, I believe, the team won't move further. But as far as I am aware of there are plans to start works on gamepad support to adjust it, at least XBox gamepad. At the moment you can play in World of Warplanes using XBox controller by the way, PS and Steam controllers, in turn, are not supported. 

 

 

Although I can perfectly understand your frustration but this is not how it works. Graphics, events, bug fixing, maps, aircraft balance and so on are tasks for different development departments. If the responsible for aircraft balance team, for example, stop balancing aircraft it doesn't mean that, for example, the joystick issue will be fixed. They are tasks for different people. 

 

I'm sorry but this really begs the question.

It took "aircraft balancers" how long to nerf the Pancake (a universally consented Overpowered plane since 2 months after release of 2.0)? Over twelve months?

Are you sure these guys work in a department all by themselves and aren't taking double duty with other tasks?

 

Even in your first sentence you state that "the team won't move further" which implies that the whole team is needed to fix the issue.

 

I get it blindfold, language barrier, disgruntled player base etc. I do not hold anything against you as a person. I saw the WG fest video and you look to be a very pleasant person. :)

 

But something in that video was revealed about the developers of the game that we as players have all experienced.

At the slightest hint of a criticism of a fault with the game from the player, the spokes person answering for the devs clashed with the player in a debate so heated that the on the spot translators couldn't keep up. I know I'm rambling a bit here but please hear me out.

 

The developers need to listen to the players in a timely manner. The devs also need to accept the reality that sometimes, you need to revert to a previous version to fix your programming errors. The current version of the game is 2.0.9.2 if I recall correctly. On my computer I have the version 2.0.9.0.4 and can connect to the server fine, and play in battles without issue and I do not have the joystick bug. Reverting versions is not a bad thing. I'm a modder, I understand the fundamentals of how programming a game works. It's not like I have no idea what I'm talking about. :P

 

 

 


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


SkyWolf__WM #37 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • 4,043
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

Sigh....if you have to...oh to hel... uh.....heck with it. I am however still amazed that so many people are too stupid to read. Whine on. :(


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


mnbv_fockewulfe #38 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:38 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 274 battles
  • 3,181
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 11 January 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

Sigh....if you have to...oh to hel... uh.....heck with it. I am however still amazed that so many people are too stupid to read. Whine on. :(

 

Take it easy, don't sigh so hard.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


egikov #39 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:29 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 2505 battles
  • 178
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 11 January 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

 

I'm sorry but this really begs the question.

It took "aircraft balancers" how long to nerf the Pancake (a universally consented Overpowered plane since 2 months after release of 2.0)? Over twelve months?

Are you sure these guys work in a department all by themselves and aren't taking double duty with other tasks?

 

Even in your first sentence you state that "the team won't move further" which implies that the whole team is needed to fix the issue.

 

I get it blindfold, language barrier, disgruntled player base etc. I do not hold anything against you as a person. I saw the WG fest video and you look to be a very pleasant person. :)

 

But something in that video was revealed about the developers of the game that we as players have all experienced.

At the slightest hint of a criticism of a fault with the game from the player, the spokes person answering for the devs clashed with the player in a debate so heated that the on the spot translators couldn't keep up. I know I'm rambling a bit here but please hear me out.

 

The developers need to listen to the players in a timely manner. The devs also need to accept the reality that sometimes, you need to revert to a previous version to fix your programming errors. The current version of the game is 2.0.9.2 if I recall correctly. On my computer I have the version 2.0.9.0.4 and can connect to the server fine, and play in battles without issue and I do not have the joystick bug. Reverting versions is not a bad thing. I'm a modder, I understand the fundamentals of how programming a game works. It's not like I have no idea what I'm talking about. :P

 

 

 

 

Wow.. Maybe you should write here the steps to revert to a working previous version? Is it even legal? WG should pay you probably.

 

Because it seems to me it might take another couple of months. 



mnbv_fockewulfe #40 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:44 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 274 battles
  • 3,181
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View Postegikov, on 11 January 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

 

Wow.. Maybe you should write here the steps to revert to a working previous version? Is it even legal? WG should pay you probably.

 

Because it seems to me it might take another couple of months. 

 

go to trashbin

select file

right click

click restore

:B


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 





10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users