joystick

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

no_habla_ingles #21 Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3742 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 02 January 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

They think you mean ships or tanks?

Funny because I have been using nothing but joystick since this game came out and never had a problem in over 20,000 matches before this patch.

I think the do. I have been using the joystick for years on this site with no problems until this patch

Chuck_norris10 #22 Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1177 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postno_habla_ingles, on 02 January 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

I think the do. I have been using the joystick for years on this site with no problems until this patch

Since day one and well over 20,000 matches till the xmas patch popped from persia. 

Captain_Underpants53 #23 Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17438 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View Postjack_wdw, on 02 January 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

Hi jack_wdw,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support!

We appreciate the time and effort that you have spent in creating a ticket regarding this matter.

Our client primarily runs with a keyboard and mouse. We do not officially support joysticks or game pads in World of Warplanes.

However, some players are able to use both Logitech and wired XBOX 360 controllers along with third-party software to play World Of Warships. If you would like to use a controller, you can consult with our players in the forums:
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/241071-xbox360-controller-for-world-of-tanks-xpadder-required/

Kindly also follow these steps to resolve your issue:

• Press WIN+R keys at the same time.
  • Type: %appdata%\wargaming.net\World of Warplanes (you can copy paste) and then hit "OK" or press "enter".
  • Delete the entire World of Warplanes folder that pops up.
  • Now please close the Appdata folder and launch the game. You will need to rebind your controls.

Please let us know if your problem persists, or if you have any future issues or require assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Typical support.  They once had me deleting and reloading several Windows files before finally admitting that it was a 'known issue' and they were 'working on it'.  Did I mention this 'known issue' still exists today, over a year (14 months +) later?  I wonder if they would even have acknowledged that much if I hadn't kept resubmitting the ticket.  But I was fairly new then and didn't realize that my definition of support and theirs was not the same.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #24 Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:09 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postjack_wdw, on 02 January 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Hi jack_wdw,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support!

We appreciate the time and effort that you have spent in creating a ticket regarding this matter.

Our client primarily runs with a keyboard and mouse. We do not officially support joysticks or game pads in World of Warplanes.

However, some players are able to use both Logitech and wired XBOX 360 controllers along with third-party software to play World Of Warships. If you would like to use a controller, you can consult with our players in the forums:
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/241071-xbox360-controller-for-world-of-tanks-xpadder-required/

Kindly also follow these steps to resolve your issue:

• Press WIN+R keys at the same time.
  • Type: %appdata%\wargaming.net\World of Warplanes (you can copy paste) and then hit "OK" or press "enter".
  • Delete the entire World of Warplanes folder that pops up.
  • Now please close the Appdata folder and launch the game. You will need to rebind your controls.

Please let us know if your problem persists, or if you have any future issues or require assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Firstly, I would strongly recommend you not to post personal messages taken out of context which may be misleading because of the missing context. 

Secondly, this is the answer to your ticket given in March, 2018 and is not relevant to the current situation. Thus, you are misinforming players and presenting an outdated information as an official response to your request. 

Thirdly, we are constantly working on the quality of the Customer Service. Since then (March 2018), the approach to providing customer support has been revised to meet the needs of community and service standards. 

As for the joystick issue, unfortunately I still cannot give you any good news at the moment. The issue is highly prioritized and is being processed now. As soon as any news appear, I will gladly notify you. 

DennyFish311 #25 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1906 battles
No good news for joystick users? What a joke!  I am guessing that's because with the main player base now being of the candy crush mentality gameset joysticks are not used anymore  Its been since the patch so I take it as a insult to any that may have paid to play this sorry mess.The game has slipped to such a bug filled crap fest. I was ready to lay down real money at Christmas for some premium time and a new premium tier 8 bomber! What happens black screens, joystick stops working, planes disappear list goes on. My money this Christmas will go to a new fly rod instead of WOWP whom by the look of things will soon slip into obscurity and be forgotten. Bring it on.

jack_wdw #26 Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

• 1816 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 03 January 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

Firstly, I would strongly recommend you not to post personal messages taken out of context which may be misleading because of the missing context. 

Secondly, this is the answer to your ticket given in March, 2018 and is not relevant to the current situation. Thus, you are misinforming players and presenting an outdated information as an official response to your request. 

Thirdly, we are constantly working on the quality of the Customer Service. Since then (March 2018), the approach to providing customer support has been revised to meet the needs of community and service standards. 

As for the joystick issue, unfortunately I still cannot give you any good news at the moment. The issue is highly prioritized and is being processed now. As soon as any news appear, I will gladly notify you. 

Well that was the last time i submitted a ticket for my GP issue.
People here were telling i needed to submit a ticket, but not going tru that waste of time anymore.
I just posted it here, to indicate that Wowp doesn't officially support joystick or gamepads, or do they now?

Leo_1408 #27 Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:55 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2684 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

View Postno_habla_ingles, on 02 January 2019 - 08:31 PM, said:

Me too - I joined like two years ago, and have been using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro all that time, with no problems until now.

But to be fair, I have not found submitting a ticket to be a waste of time. I have only submitted a couple of tickets but each time Customer Support responded quickly, and I thanked them for that.

TBH, the idea of a flight sim (or game) not using a joystick is beyond silly. I tried using the mouse and keyboard when this current joystick problem first happened, but I found it is just not sensitive enough.

And I know the game sucks at the moment (and I'm mainly playing WoWS) but maybe we should be patient - it is the holiday season and maybe a lot of staff at WG are away. It is not to WGs advantage to have so many customers cranky, and I am sure they will fix it ASAP.

But if I were to give WG any advice it would be not to keep 'updating' the game so often with patches - many people (including me) prefer the old pre-version 2 game - it was much more like a flight sim, and I was much happier spending bits of my allowance on aircraft.

Chuck_norris10 #28 Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1177 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostLeo_1408, on 04 January 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

Me too - I joined like two years ago, and have been using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro all that time, with no problems until now.

But to be fair, I have not found submitting a ticket to be a waste of time. I have only submitted a couple of tickets but each time Customer Support responded quickly, and I thanked them for that.

TBH, the idea of a flight sim (or game) not using a joystick is beyond silly. I tried using the mouse and keyboard when this current joystick problem first happened, but I found it is just not sensitive enough.

And I know the game sucks at the moment (and I'm mainly playing WoWS) but maybe we should be patient - it is the holiday season and maybe a lot of staff at WG are away. It is not to WGs advantage to have so many customers cranky, and I am sure they will fix it ASAP.

But if I were to give WG any advice it would be not to keep 'updating' the game so often with patches - many people (including me) prefer the old pre-version 2 game - it was much more like a flight sim, and I was much happier spending bits of my allowance on aircraft.

Games been hooped since the patch before christmas and if they havent figured out what they did to kick half their playerbase off the game by now then I dont think they will.

no_habla_ingles #29 Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3742 battles
I would be nice if WOWP could and should reimburse players for lost time,gold and supplies because of this problem (it would go a long way)

GonerNL #30 Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

• 875 battles

How would they know who to compensate ? And I don't think they will compensate the entire (not that it is very large) player base ...

Flying on NA and EU servers

SkyWolf__WM #31 Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5162 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

If they don't support joysticks then why does the option to use a Logitech J/S exist in the program?

If you stop J/S support then I will stop playing the game. 

And supporting it as well.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

comealong1 #32 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5723 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
We all need to boycott this game till hotfixes are applied!.. Maybe they will understand then.

Captain_Underpants53 #33 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• 17438 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Just spent the most frustrating 24 hours with this game in a very long time.  J/S bug over and over and...............................well, you get the picture.   But the good news is it's been going on for less than a month!  By a few days, at least.

:angry:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

comealong1 #34 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5723 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
BOYCOTT!... And I just bought the Thrustmaster m16000 flight pack w/rudder pedals, what a waste.

Edited by comealong1, 07 January 2019 - 03:43 PM.

comealong1 #35 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5723 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
The joke is on me!.. I just got a thrust master M16000 flight pack w/rudder pedals, what a waste.

GonerNL #36 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:14 PM

• 875 battles

Is that the set with the T.16000M stick ?? 

How is it ? I'm on my 3rd Logitech 3D and I read that the problem with that stick is that the pots (potentio-meters) give out with extensive use. The T.16000M has magnetic sensors that last longer ... ?

Flying on NA and EU servers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users