• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

sandtiger #1 Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20013 battles

while i was in chat Jail  one thing i learned  was who

people thin every post in game chat is about them

when some time people are just try to be funny because the bots

seem to do what every they want  i think some human think every post in game is about them

when some times it is people just messing around have fun and try to make people  laugh

like the other day i was messing around and give the bots a hard time  this is one of a few things i did

wrong 

but i also found out there are some Human that think GG is a bad thing  it means GOOD GAME

most people as far as i know use it to tell you just that GG  like me i well tell every one GOOD game

even if my team get Rolled because i saw them fight there tell of or just try to get a base

when i won a game i well tell even the lowest human player gg because i saw them fight well or i had a good dog fight

i never us GG  for a bad thing   it just me say good job but i was read some thing that made me think of this

IF your one of the player that thinks when someone says GG that they are disrespecting you then you go and report them

then you are one of the people hurting this game ..  because there just tell you good game or good job because they saw some thing you did that was cool .. or maybe there just try to be nice like one guy i met on here told me he dose it just to be nice even if  he has a bad game  he say gg so if people are reporting him for that i think you are wrong and need to  rethink what the report system is for

also not every post in game is about the human players  some of them are people be funny or talk to there team and or other players they know like GG or o7  or they may even be give there own team mate a hard time because i seen that to

but when you start call people idiot or moron or dumb #$%  then that  when people get up set for one there are people that  may not have the game down pat like some of the players that have played from the start ..

chat jail for me was the worst  it was a badge of shame  ..it was not something i was very very angry about because

i still have no clue what i did  or what got me in trouble it  i really can only thin of one thing

there was a person that has been harassing me from  day 3 of be on this game..  after over a year of this 

and me try to  not be a jerk or mean i lost on  a day where my stress with my own family problems and

the anger with not  be able to help any of my family because there stressed out i may have told this one person that was

harassing form more then a year i reported him may may time they did nothing so i  king angry that day and i may have finely let a year of frustration and anger go by telling him i hate him and now i know why 13 people are hunting you .. 

but this in the eyes of war game must have been over the top .. so i got banned .. but this had been going on for a year so for this person now i well just report him when he talk to me again ... with his trash talk i am not want to be in chat jail again that was torturer

because i could see every one chat with me and say hi but i could not say anything back that was the worst

it made me have a hate for this game .. it made me think about leave and just going back to wot where i do not talk

where i o not share where i do not post on the forums ... where i do not try to be funny

but then i would miss all the friends and there wisdom on here  

anyway to me be in chat Jail was the worst thing ever it was a Badge of shame for me

i am no Ace  for i let my mouth get me in trouble i let another troll make me go off

this is my shame this is my dis honer this was my failing  but i well say i learn a few good things 

about this forum  and this game  lesson well learned  

the sand tiger lives the distraction  is coming

the sandtiger is here  run

Most of all have a great day  and good luck to you on the battlefield of life and in the game

and May you have  a great NEW Year and better times in  the next years to come

Edited by sandtiger, 31 December 2018 - 09:00 PM.

sandtiger #2 Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20013 battles

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:33 PM

Captain

• 974 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I love the stuff you say bro...

I'm gunna give you a new years song

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Chuck_norris10 #4 Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:59 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1514 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Where the heck do people find time to type in chat?

Must be flying bombers.

Leadlooser #5 Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5239 battles

I think the WG chat screening dept. is a little deficient in understanding the context and sentiment of forum posts and likely chat.  I have heard that in some country GG could be construed as a derogatory for an elderly male, but that would really be a stretch IMO.

Just keep enjoying the positive aspects of the game and be satisfied you're trying to be a good sport regardless of those who try to undermine sportsmanship in this game.

You're right the that the majority of the player base are decent folk, but every system has its bugs, problems and trolls, and even 'chat jail.'

Happy New Year!

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:50 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1514 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

I see GG a lot of times and to me it means someone had fun and that makes me smile.

More happy pilots the better.

It means good game,nothing more,nothing less.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 01 January 2019 - 01:51 AM.

sandtiger #7 Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20013 battles
thank you for all your comments 

and i do like the do not worried be happy song lol

:honoring:

Edited by sandtiger, 01 January 2019 - 02:32 AM.

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:13 AM

Captain

• 3385 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 01 January 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

I see GG a lot of times and to me it means someone had fun and that makes me smile.

More happy pilots the better.

It means good game,nothing more,nothing less.

Don't believe it.

I know for a fact that there are pilots out there who deliberately say it to rub in a ROTFLstomp.

I have several of them on mute in-game.

But think about it - for that guy that spent more time in respawn than flying, and whose bots were more potato than pilot, how "good" was the game for him?  Yeah, good for you, maybe. 

The one that never fails is "o7".  The guy who just got pounded at least can take away that bit of respect.

sandtiger #9 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20013 battles

i can not write what i want to say  nicely so i just going with my

feel straight out reporting anyone for say GG is just sad  and flat out wrong

end of story

Edited by sandtiger, 01 January 2019 - 08:39 AM.

_DerUberMensch_ #10 Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:28 AM

Senior Airman

• 8089 battles

I played team sports quite bit when I was growing up.

Lining up at the end a game, shaking hands, and saying good game was customary for us.

I say good game to people quite often, usually with positive results. 

I was told stfu the other day for saying gg, however, but that is not the norm.  

I see you around all the time sandtiger, you are one of the absolute last people that should ever 

be put in chat jail.. 

regards

Mensch

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1514 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Post_DerUberMensch_, on 01 January 2019 - 02:28 AM, said:

I played team sports quite bit when I was growing up.

Lining up at the end a game, shaking hands, and saying good game was customary for us.

I say good game to people quite often, usually with positive results. 

I was told stfu the other day for saying gg, however, but that is not the norm.  

I see you around all the time sandtiger, you are one of the absolute last people that should ever 

be put in chat jail.. 

regards

Mensch

you were taught well,like canadians singing the usa national anthem when the mike died at a hockey game.

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:46 PM

Captain

• 3385 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 01 January 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

you were taught well,like canadians singing the usa national anthem when the mike died at a hockey game.

Indeed, growing up playing baseball, soccer, football and hockey, we also lined up and shook hands or gave high fives.  It was understood by both parties as a sign of sportsmanship.

WoWP has some folks who don't recognize that spirit.  Regardless of your personal feelings on the matter, there are those who take "GG" as an insult, and those who mean it as an insult.  Now, if you can separate out who means it or takes it poorly, I'd love to have that list.  If you don't have that list, maybe just refrain, so as not to be caught up in a misunderstanding like sandtiger was.  I'm not sure who is reporting "GG" as an insult, but there are folks out there that absolutely mean it that way.

Again, this is why I avoid using the chat line.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 01 January 2019 - 05:47 PM.

sandtiger #13 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20013 battles

I kinda feel like the JAWS  writer to day  i had two people write  me and thank me for this post and the Waring

feel like the  guy that wrote JAWS  should i have keep this one  from the forums

i hope i did not make this a more toxic place 

my only hope  i had here was to show people

that GG is a good thing the reason i wrote this is because

the Idea of someone get chat banned for say GG

Bugs the hell out of me ..

my hope for 2O19 is that people will see GG as a good thing

that people do not  report people for gg or GG

that you all have a Safe 2019 and make it to next new years

that you get to meet some of the Awesome people in this game and make some

new friend in the path we call life ...and have new Chats and a good time in your lives..

and for me i hope i can me less of a PTSD monster 

thank you every one for you comments  it was nice to see that there are

people that feel the say way i do about being a good sportsmen and say gg

i hope more people well see it as a good thing

CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:34 PM

Captain

• 3385 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postsandtiger, on 01 January 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

that GG is a good thing the reason i wrote this is because

the Idea of someone get chat banned for say GG

Bugs the hell out of me ..

Frankly, I think it's bad, too.  But this idea that "GG" always means something nice is FALSE.  Not all those who type it mean it that way.  The fact that YOU do means nothing, because for someone who doesn't know you, you sound exactly like those who mean it in a sneering way.

It *should* make you mad, but realize that your good nature is not universal.  Indeed, even if you, personally, mean it as a nice thing, not all will receive it as such.  I'm sorry you're having trouble accepting this reality.

Perco_lator #15 Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

Some people in this thread are under some misconception that saying "GG" in chat no matter what the players intention is cause for a chat ban, it's not. Chat bans are not automated, they are handed out by WG employees for a variety of offenses like the use of profanity, threats, insults & lewd comments, "GG" not being one of them. The same rules apply for in hangar conversations.

Santiger, you were dinged with a chat ban for being reported for something you said in game or hangar chat & it wasn't "GG".

Edited by Perco_lator, 02 January 2019 - 03:01 AM.

sandtiger #16 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20013 battles

if what you say is true which i well have to say i do not think so 

for one i was harassed in my hanger the day before my ban 

and there only one person that could be

also it could have been  whats doing when i was talking to the bots

but i know for a fact i had some say they where reporting me for say GG to them

so i know for a fact there are people that do this

and io also no from one of th people that work for wot that thy do not have time to go through every report they get they do not spend time

look over every case it a number thing when you get enough reports they put a ban  that what i was told by some that works with world of tanks

may be it is different here but i highly doubt that but people can believe

what ever they want

you can plant me as the bad guy if you want seem you know more then i do i never got an email of what i did

you what i said so i got there slandered [edited]chat ban that say    you got in  bad for all the things they list which i had not done any of those things but now i know there some in this game that turned me in for tell him to bugger of and leave me alone and i now know for  sure who it was ...

Edited by sandtiger, 02 January 2019 - 04:49 AM.

sandtiger #17 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20013 battles
:)

Edited by sandtiger, 02 January 2019 - 04:39 AM.

sandtiger #18 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20013 battles

:sceptic:

Edited by sandtiger, 02 January 2019 - 04:50 AM.

Perco_lator #19 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:48 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View Postsandtiger, on 01 January 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

so it interesting that you know more why i was banned then  i do

I do not know the exact reason for your chat ban but I do know that it wasn't for just saying "GG".

sandtiger #20 Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20013 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 01 January 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

Frankly, I think it's bad, too.  But this idea that "GG" always means something nice is FALSE.  Not all those who type it mean it that way.  The fact that YOU do means nothing, because for someone who doesn't know you, you sound exactly like those who mean it in a sneering way.

It *should* make you mad, but realize that your good nature is not universal.  Indeed, even if you, personally, mean it as a nice thing, not all will receive it as such.  I'm sorry you're having trouble accepting this reality.

i accept it and i am not have trouble see that people  take it that way there 

i do  not like it is all and i think people that do that are just blanking stupid

it a thing that bugs me flat out

i accept that it happens i just think it is just dumb  end of story

i i pity any one that thinks like this because they have never been on a real team

and there negative people in life so the well go no where 

they well just sit in a negative place in life an be negative because the have no dam clue

and have not lived a real life or had any real hard times yet  ...but life has a funny way of pay people back

that do wrong to others  .. no in my passed it payed me ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users