Bugs.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #21 Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15456 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostGonerNL, on 31 December 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

So it is not really 'free to play' ... is it ?

When you pay, WG actually DOES owe you !! That you (and I and many others) do so by free choice doesn't matter, you PAY for the game and service. Without people paying for this game, it wouldn't exist.

:medal:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #22 Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2645 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

everyone has a valid opinion, and this is a safe place to express them

all of the bugs affect us all, except for the joystick bug...  that should get top priority 

WG, please fix that now, even if it means rolling back a patch

then... we can all get back to complaining about the normal state of a FTP game

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SkyWolf__WM #23 Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:30 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostPerco_lator, on 31 December 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

You say that if people don't like the game they should move on. Using the same mentality, if you don't like to read the same complainers posts over & over then stop reading them.

In case you haven't noticed some pilots turn EVERY post into a female hound fest.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

SkyWolf__WM #24 Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 31 December 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

If all the people using joysticks followed the OPs orders, what would be the result? (snipped for brevity)   They didn't find any of these problems when they 'tested' the Christmas Patch and they don't seem to play much, if at all.

Yeah. Everyone will quit. That will happen. Nice attempt at an original thought though. And I'm issuing orders now?

SkyWolf__WM #25 Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

When you pay, WG actually DOES owe you !! That you (and I and many others) do so by free choice doesn't matter, you PAY for the game and service. Without people paying for this game, it wouldn't exist.

Yes it IS free to play. Nice try though.

SkyWolf__WM #26 Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postwscarter007, on 30 December 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

The reason you see people voicing legitimate complaints and concerns is that they like the game and wish to see it become the game they know it can be.  

You miss the point entirely. They are not "voicing legitimate complaints and concerns". They are whining.

FlakValleyExpress #27 Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• 49 battles

SkyWolf__WM I missed you

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Captain_Underpants53 #28 Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15456 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 31 December 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

You miss the point entirely. They are not "voicing legitimate complaints and concerns". They are whining.

As opposed to your 'constructive' criticism? 
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #29 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15456 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 31 December 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

Yeah. Everyone will quit. That will happen. Nice attempt at an original thought though. And I'm issuing orders now?

If you go back and read your original post, then yes. you are issuing orders.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Perco_lator #30 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 31 December 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

In case you haven't noticed some pilots turn EVERY post into a female hound fest.

Even if that were true it is still your choice to read them or not. This forum has a built in function where you can block posts from those individuals, I think even a crusty old coot like you could figure out how to use it.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

trikke #31 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2645 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
i had forgotten about that...  ty, Perco!
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SkyWolf__WM #32 Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:13 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I actually get what I paid for. Nice try though.

SkyWolf__WM #33 Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:16 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostPerco_lator, on 31 December 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

Even if that were true it is still your choice to read them or not. This forum has a built in function where you can block posts from those individuals, I think even a crusty old coot like you could figure out how to use it.

That is ridiculous. And I have 2 brain diseases, 1 terminal. I have had 10 strokes. My inclination to "figure it out" is nonexistent. Nice try though.

SkyWolf__WM #34 Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 31 December 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

If you go back and read your original post, then yes. you are issuing orders.

Heh.... well do you obey them then? Orders......lol

SkyWolf__WM #35 Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:19 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 31 December 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

As opposed to your 'constructive' criticism? 

Yes. At least I am not a small, whiny female hound.

The__Infinite #36 Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:18 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7329 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Always nice to see a thread that does not revolve around me.

It is totally possible for people to have valid viewpoints and have them contradict. Ultimately, as long as someone follows the forum rules, they have a right to say and express their thoughts in any way they wish. So as unpleasant as it is to have people complain or provoke, or post things that are off topic, it is the readers right to not read, block or not pay attention to things they do not like or agree with. We all have that basic freedom, until it is taken away. 

That said, Sky Wolf's point pertaining to chronic complainers, whiners and "forum trolls and stalkers" also has validity. The problem with idealism is that it is always very logical and sometimes very righteous from the viewpoint of the idealist, but it also may infringe the rights of others or silence the opinions and voices of others as well. In an ironic twist, some of the greatest idealists are also some of the biggest complainers and trolls. The game is no longer good enough for them or it has changed too much, and now they act in a very idealistic defiance that creates negativity. It is not unusual in any community or population that there will always be segments that are unhappy or dissatisfied. 

We all have the right to co-exist and we all have the right to speak our thoughts, feelings and ideas. Again, until someone or some force takes that away. It takes a fairly thick skin to actually have discord and conversation with one or more people who does not agree with you or your views. It takes a thick skin to endure insults and personal attacks, which are inevitable in someone's life. There is and will always be higher standards and measures of integrity. I would respectfully submit that we become better people by enduring and overcoming the resistance and obstacles to ourselves. Criticism while egotistically and emotionally unpleasant should always be the signal for self reflection. 

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” 
― George Orwell

Happy New Year!

Prenzlau Tyrannus

Edited by Prenzlau_Tyrannus, 31 December 2018 - 07:21 PM.

Deltavee #37 Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1734 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 30 December 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

Hey,

I too am annoyed by some of the bugs.

But this is a free to play game. WG doesn't owe you anything. WG is not picking on you. If you like it, play it, if not then move on if you must.

Yes, I too have a lot of $$$ "invested" in this game. But I did so by choice, no one "forced" me to pay any $$$.

I've been playing a long time and I just take whatever in stride. If I divide the number of $$$ that I have spent by the amount of time and enjoyment that I have gotten (from this game) then it"s pretty CHEAP entertainment. REALLY CHEAP.

That's really how everyone should look at it. If I enjoyed a movie (THAT'S expensive) and then don't like the movie next month I DO NOT go back and female hound at them if I do not like next month's movie. They don't owe me anything. It is my choice to play or not and it is my choice to pay or not. Your's as well. But WG owes you jack butt nuggets. I know that a few months worth of cable TV bills DWARFS what I have "invested" in this game. And I would rather be playing WOWP than watching TV.

Some of you self absorbed, entitled bastages act like your $$$ spent means you OWN the (insert name of favored deity here) da___d game. Guess what? We don't. When you feel "ripped off" or "cheated" then RUB SOME DIRT ON IT AND WALK IT OFF. The constant whining gets older than I. Wake up. And shut up. Or go watch TV if that amuses you. I hate it.

The fact that the game is free to play doesn't mean that any and all faults should just go unremarked by the player base.  Your time is worth something even if you don't spend a cent on the game.

If you are a player who has put real money into the game then there is nothing wrong with the expectation that there should be something of value given in return for the money spent.  If there are difficulties manifesting through the flaws in the game sufficient to make you think you are not getting value for money then there is reason to bring it to the attention of WG.

If you don't like the way people bring their problems to the attention of WG by whatever means they consider necessary, then don't read them.  They have as much right as anyone else in the game to post whatever they want (within WGs forum rules).

Hate it to your heart's content, but giving orders to fellow participants to "...shut up. Or go watch TV..." is simply not on.  If you can't manage that, then YOU try the dirt 'n' walk remedy.  You want to give orders, buy the fcuking company first. 

Whining about whining has its own irritative value.

Edited by Deltavee, 31 December 2018 - 09:12 PM.

Deltavee

Per Ardua Ad Astra

CorvusCorvax #38 Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2283 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPerco_lator, on 31 December 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

You listened enough to formulate a response though didn't you?

Only the dumbest of posters cannot separate an interogative from a conclusion.

Take a seat, sonny.

Cenotaph #39 Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3257 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostDeltavee, on 31 December 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

Whining about whining has its own irritative value.

Other than whining about whiners... the OP doesn't really post anything at all.

Its pretty hypocritical... and makes him seem, to use his own vernacular "like a small, female dog"...

I would argue more so than people complaining about game bugs, because atleast they have a somewhat valid point... where as the OP doesn't even have that.

Take your own advice Skywolf... if you don't like it... ignore it, or keep your lips zipped.

Edited by Cenotaph, 31 December 2018 - 10:14 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

SkyWolf__WM #40 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:11 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCenotaph, on 31 December 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

Other than whining about whiners... the OP doesn't really post anything at all.

Its pretty hypocritical... and makes him seem, to use his own vernacular "like a small, female dog"...

I would argue more so than people complaining about game bugs, because atleast they have a somewhat valid point... where as the OP doesn't even have that.

Take your own advice Skywolf... if you don't like it... ignore it, or keep your lips zipped.

You guys can't seem to understand that there is a big difference between reporting a bug or giving constructive criticism and whining about the Same bugs ad nauseam, turning each thread into a continuous whine about the same thing.

I am not trying to infringe on anyone's free speech or their right to report bugs and what not. I am just amazed by the amount of time and people spend complaining about the same thing every single day. I noticed that one of the worst offenders states that he will no longer do this and I am glad. I am also amazed that the worst offenders are the ones who are so Against my ideas.

Regardless of what you may claim, turning each post, regardless of subject, into an opportunity to whine some more is not helpful to anyone and turns the forum into something that it is not supposed to be. It's apparent that Endless complaining will not change anything although it is apparently some sort of therapy for many of you. It Also is amusing that many turn this into some sort of serious discussion about what you may or may not do regardless of the effect it may have on other people.

I will back off and you may continue the endless and futile complaints. My suggestion may have been delivered with a bit more tact. My apologies to any delecate psyches I may have dented.

Please feel free to whine away.

SkyWolf out.

Also tagged with Bugs.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users