Guns/cannons registering no damage / passing right through

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Zoney45 #1 Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 952 battles

Just throwing this out there for consideration.

On a few occasions in the last couple days I've had instances where forward-facing weaponry does not impact the target. I have one replay saved that clearly shows large-caliber shells visibly passing right through another player's aircraft at ultra-close range and doing zero damage.

I just had another match where, when it was clear my side had no chance of making a comeback, I went ahead and chased down a player who I couldn't seem to hit on previous passes, and who (as it seemed to my overactive imagination) was ostentatiously "running away" into the middle of nowhere -- I wanted to double-check whether my guns were hitting. When I managed to catch him it seemed like he was 90 percent impervious to my machine-gun fire. (Maybe he just had some of that really good armor -- ya know, Ultimate Fuselage Plus. Or maybe my aim sucked worse than usual; with .50 caliber bullets you don't get the visibly obvious projectile trajectory as with cannon fire.)

On the several occasions where I really took note of this, it was against a human player.

Server lag? (Seems unlikely to behave like this without some other signs of stuttering or slideshow.) Bug? Dare I ask, cheating? (Yes I know "everything relevant is handled server-side cheating is impossible etc etc.")

(PS -- another "new experience" for me in the last couple days, is the sporadic appearance of "phantom planes" without any blue, red, or white tags marking them for what they are. Just plain planes. A bit distracting. Observer planes? UFOs?)

Edited by Zoney45, 27 December 2018 - 12:29 PM.

gerr22 #2 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4473 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
i have also seen them but when i shoot at them the red emblem appears

DangerDoskit #3 Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1926 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I too have had this problem.  And it's usually with planes with the big guns.  Though when I switch to a plane with smaller caliber guns it helps but it still not correct.  I assumed it was because of my carrier pigeon internet out here in the sticks.  Or that my kids all wanted to be on the internet.  

Cenotaph #4 Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Servers are lagging... ever since the event started they've been having fits.       :sceptic:

As for markerless planes, they're enemies that were somewhat close to you, but went off radar for a moment.... when they get reacquired, they don't have markers.

Edited by Cenotaph, 27 December 2018 - 04:13 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

GalileoAstra #5 Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:15 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 832 battles

Those are new features, at least that is what I tell myself to keep calm. Airplanes with no brackets and markers add realism. Some ordinance does go thru target without causing much damage IRL, so another realism feature. That's my story and I am sticking with it.

Server lag and packet loss have been a problem for me on and off since the event started.

Zoney45 #6 Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

Master Sergeant

• 952 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 27 December 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

As for markerless planes, they're enemies that were somewhat close to you, but went off radar for a moment.... when they get reacquired, they don't have markers.

Ah, then I shall pester them. :izmena: I was ignoring them because for all I knew they were friendlies. (Also, on a few occasions I've seen these unmarked planes hanging motionless in the air, once in a nearly perfect vertical attitude, so at that point I assume it's a server issue.)

View PostGalileoAstra, on 27 December 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Those are new features, at least that is what I tell myself to keep calm. Airplanes with no brackets and markers add realism. Some ordinance does go thru target without causing much damage IRL, so another realism feature. That's my story and I am sticking with it.

Yep I hear that. :teethhappy:  "Realism," that's the ticket. Breathe in ... breathe out....

(Next time I get stomped by a high altitude heavy fighter that acquired the technology to fire plasma torpedoes without "de-cloaking," I'll remind myself about realism. Those red markers are, like, not really real man. Luckily I am given the opportunity to respawn with unlimited ammo. I actually do prefer the arcade-y style of this game coupled with the challenging physics. If they went and started pushing too much reality, I'd likely move on. I'm stressed as it is.)

Edited by Zoney45, 27 December 2018 - 06:06 PM.

ShoeButton #7 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2912 battles
  • [ALAS] ALAS

The Gunz Issue that Gits Mah Goat!

Is the one where my Rounds (MG and or Canon) are Clearly Landing On Target, I can See The Splashes on the Plane Ahead of me.

But I don't get the Impact Sound and No Damage is Registered... Happens with Defence Force and Enemy Aircraft.

Seeing this across Multiple PC's of Various Specs (Old and New) running on a 300Mbs Cable Connection, Before and After the Holiday Update.

The worst, to me anyway, are the Defence Force Planes... When I can be about to Chop their Tail Sections Off with my Prop (Close) Pouring .50 Cal into em by the Kilo, my rounds Sparkling All Over Them... And No Hits Register!!!

I might expect Human Planez to be running with some sort of Unobtainium Frame Set or Diamond Skin... But Defence Force Fighters?!?

Marvelous!

-ShoeButton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users