Token rewards for new players

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

BuffaloTime #1 Posted 25 December 2018 - 03:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7814 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

The daily missions only provide tokens for completing missions for all three levels ( 1-4, 5-7, 8-10). Since tokens are a form of currency for buying hangars, completing sections of event missions, buying crates etc., the new players are left out. I think WG should revamp the token reward system so that tokens are rewarded per tier level. This would also reduce what is perceived as Seal Clubbing ( I will still fly my Buffalo, though). 

The mission for the XP-55 is a perfect example. There are sections that are very hard and frustrating. I have tokens, so I can skip. New players don't have that option and can't get tokens for missions and must rely on achievements. 

Just a thought.

Merry Christmas.

Fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and brother, it's starting to rain.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

PoliticallyIncorrectName #2 Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6968 battles
It goes the other way around as well - I don't understand why for sake of getting token missions I need to drop below tier 5 and sealclub...

vcharng #3 Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:23 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3307 battles

View PostPoliticallyIncorrectName, on 25 December 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

It goes the other way around as well - I don't understand why for sake of getting token missions I need to drop below tier 5 and sealclub...

and to keep a <T5 fleet which consists of planes that can take on some token missions to begin with.

pyantoryng #4 Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:23 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1726 battles

Technically, new players can scrape up tokens through achievements, but they tend to not have what it takes and/or the hardware to achieve at least some of them consistently.

...with personal points becoming much harder to rack up and whatnot.

Edited by pyantoryng, 26 December 2018 - 11:24 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

wylleEcoyote #5 Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2404 battles
  • [ALAS] ALAS
You make a good point, OP.
New players should have easier access to tokens (but not too easy)
this is the one currency in this game that seems to rely on skill alone and not the size of your wallet.

And the missions require you to play in three different categories of Tier for a reason.
It comes down to making an even distribution of players in the various tiers.

Sure you can grind to tier 4 in any branch of any national tree in an afternoon of playing.
But tier 5-6-7 is not the case at all.
Spoiler

This gives a lot of players a reason to slow down
So The Token system is introduced to give those pilots something to do every day when not grinding out a favorite plane
(or its equipment) that also requires them to spread out their attention across all the tiers of play they might otherwise ignore.

Otherwise the Match Maker really has no place to begin.
Why?

With all that said; i agree with OP.
As it stands only getting Free Xp and Credits on par with Premium plane usage for partial completions of token missions 

is a bit lack luster now that premium planes are everywhere

and that there is more you can buy with tokens than the occasional hanger slots now.

Perhaps dividing out the token award to 1-2 tokens for each of the 3 tiers of completion and getting the remainder in a lump sum when all three are done could be a good way to go forward that allows new players to get some Tokens and still encourages players to acquire at least one (maybe two) teir 8 premiums for the usual reasons

Edited by wylleEcoyote, 26 December 2018 - 10:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users