Similar arcade-ish combat flight shooter recommendations

Similar games GAA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

vcharng #1 Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:14 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3307 battles

Right, I think I'll post it here as this will heavily involve discussions about non-WOWP games (and especially potential competitors of WOWP).

I don't need anyone to persuade or un-persuade me, and I am genuinely thinking that the gaming environment in WOWP is growing hostile against GAA players.

So long story short: I am looking for a single-player version of WOWP.

The basic requirements are WWII, arcade, single player supported, and with ground attack gameplay.

The simulator-ish games like Warbirds and IL-2 (game, not plane) have been ruled out due to the lack of action density (i.e. in WOWP you fly 10 minutes, you get 10 minutes of action, in IL-2, probably 10 minutes in an hour)

I'm looking forward for suggestions. Although we may never fly again, I wish to express my gratitude to people who are willing to help a troubled fellow airman.

Thank you.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15356 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Postvcharng, on 24 December 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

Right, I think I'll post it here as this will heavily involve discussions about non-WOWP games (and especially potential competitors of WOWP).

I don't need anyone to persuade or un-persuade me, and I am genuinely thinking that the gaming environment in WOWP is growing hostile against GAA players.

So long story short: I am looking for a single-player version of WOWP.

The basic requirements are WWII, arcade, single player supported, and with ground attack gameplay.

The simulator-ish games like Warbirds and IL-2 (game, not plane) have been ruled out due to the lack of action density (i.e. in WOWP you fly 10 minutes, you get 10 minutes of action, in IL-2, probably 10 minutes in an hour)

I'm looking forward for suggestions. Although we may never fly again, I wish to express my gratitude to people who are willing to help a troubled fellow airman.

Thank you.

There are ways to speed up the gameplay in IL-2.  It has its charms but that steep learning curve is killer. 

If you find another game please inform us all.

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

DrSinister #3 Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Here are a few games on Steam, they are older, but they do fit the Arcade style, Single Player (they do have multiplayer support), similar to WoWp, WWII.

Combat Wings: Battle of Britain

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers

Dogfight 1942

Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China

Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders  This one is a Phone port to PC, I use to play this on the phone not a bad game.

vcharng #4 Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:22 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3307 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 24 December 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Here are a few games on Steam, they are older, but they do fit the Arcade style, Single Player (they do have multiplayer support), similar to WoWp, WWII.

Combat Wings: Battle of Britain

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers

Dogfight 1942

Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China

Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders  This one is a Phone port to PC, I use to play this on the phone not a bad game.

Thanks, but that's practically the same list I've checked...

I just bought Dogfight 1942 yesterday as it's on sale (about 10 USD for everything including DLCs), and the problem is that it doesn't include ground/sea attack outside of fixed campaigns.

Same for SG:SR, its air-to-ground gameplay is lacking.

I even went as far as trying to figure out a way to mod Ravenfield into a WOWP replica... but it's deemed too difficult.

Looks like currently my best bet is to wait until Total Tank Simulator is released. According to the demo version, although it's a sandbox RTS-ish stuff, it does allow you to manually control single units, including aircrafts.

And I've been having lots of fun using Me 262's rockets to shoot out KVs already.

egikov #5 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 2506 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
You can buy Heliborne. Helicopters mostly do ground attack now.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users