Santa's Bags question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TRK213_Turkey #1 Posted 22 December 2018 - 02:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 62 battles
If a bag contains a premium aircraft that you already own are you compensated in gold? 

Confucious #2 Posted 22 December 2018 - 02:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• 369 battles

Not sure. Waiting to find out as well. Have to decide if I am going to invest some more in WOT or try WOWP bags.

Xr901 #3 Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6152 battles
I don't think WoWp crates / santa bags allow you to get duplicate aircraft anymore. I've certainly never heard of it happening.

Martymart1976 #4 Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6227 battles
  • [FK] FK
3 days before Christmas and my bank account needs a rest.  I would like to get some Santa bags but I can't afford it right now.  If Santa bags would have come out 2 weeks ago with WOT and WOWS, yes I would have got some.  Seems like they were kinda thrown in at the last minute as an afterthought. They would be rolling in cash if they would have released these EARLIER.  But then Russian Christmas is further away than North American/ rest of the World Christmas.

Confucious #5 Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 369 battles

View PostMartymart1976, on 22 December 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

3 days before Christmas and my bank account needs a rest.  I would like to get some Santa bags but I can't afford it right now.  If Santa bags would have come out 2 weeks ago with WOT and WOWS, yes I would have got some.  Seems like they were kinda thrown in at the last minute as an afterthought. They would be rolling in cash if they would have released these EARLIER.  But then Russian Christmas is further away than North American/ rest of the World Christmas.

I agree.

TRK213_Turkey #6 Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

Senior Airman

• 62 battles

View PostDisgruntledSnowman901, on 22 December 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

I don't think WoWp crates / santa bags allow you to get duplicate aircraft anymore. I've certainly never heard of it happening.

If you draw a tank you already have in WoT Christmas crate it actually gives you the equivalent in gold in place of the tank and (I think) the garage slot.  Was just wondering if WoWP did the same thing.  I could not find anywhere that was spelled out in the offer. 

View PostMartymart1976, on 22 December 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

I agree.  I don't understand why WG started the WoWP gift packages so late in the season. 

S_L_A_Y #7 Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3935 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostDisgruntledSnowman901, on 22 December 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

I can confirm the ONLY aircraft i got were tier II-IV and were not duplicates

View PostConfucious, on 22 December 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

Not sure. Waiting to find out as well. Have to decide if I am going to invest some more in WOT or try WOWP bags.

I would wait.

Everyone, one thing they are not mentioning there is a CONFIRMED 500k FREE XP cap in these bags. after 500k free xp the system gives you gold instead. If you are chasing FREE XP for another game I.E. world of tanks, the value is just NOT there after the first 100 bags. good luck.

Xr901 #8 Posted 24 December 2018 - 12:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6152 battles

View PostTRK213_Turkey, on 22 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

If you draw a tank you already have in WoT Christmas crate it actually gives you the equivalent in gold in place of the tank and (I think) the garage slot.  Was just wondering if WoWP did the same thing.  I could not find anywhere that was spelled out in the offer. 

I agree.  I don't understand why WG started the WoWP gift packages so late in the season. 

yes, it works that way in tanks (how many turan iii's and supposedly improved shermans can 1 person get!!??) and ships but as far as i know, unlike those games, it isn't possible for you to get a duplicate plane from a crate in wowp, so no compensation.

arrrgh #9 Posted 24 December 2018 - 02:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3332 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

In ships, if it rolls one you already have, it selects a different one from the list.   If you have everyone, you get doubloon value.

Its not clear if WOWP gives you something else instead of a dup (eg credits), or if that part of your bags contents just vanishes and is lost.     Its clear you don't get gold.

No way I am buying without knowing what is possible.  There is a massive difference between rolling over to a diff prem, and getting nothing at all.

Chuck_norris10 #10 Posted 24 December 2018 - 02:45 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2635 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postarrrgh, on 23 December 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

In ships, if it rolls one you already have, it selects a different one from the list.   If you have everyone, you get doubloon value.

Its not clear if WOWP gives you something else instead of a dup (eg credits), or if that part of your bags contents just vanishes and is lost.     Its clear you don't get gold.

No way I am buying without knowing what is possible.  There is a massive difference between rolling over to a diff prem, and getting nothing at all.

I wouldnt do anything with the current bugs myself.Just lost the 20,000 exp I got in the santa bags while trying to upgrade a plane as it converted it to silver so i lost a lot of gold(20,000) and the same amount of exp. But I cant play anyways like a lot of us and this is about the worst patch i have seen since the game went live.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users