BOOSTERS

boosters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 22 December 2018 - 02:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16371 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

So I decided to buy and try some boosters.  Really nice pop to experience and stuff.  But I noticed something odd.  They didn't last the real time interval they are supposed to.

The first time I noticed it I thought maybe I got confused with the starting time.  So the next time I wrote down the starting time.  Guess what?  The boosters quit before the real time has elapsed.

Thanks, but no thanks.  I am done buying boosters.  No sense in inviting a rip off.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Leadlooser #2 Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:54 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3934 battles
Thanks for the info.  Don't pay for stuff that you don't want.  I just found out that a friend has paid $2000 for a mop!

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16371 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostLeadlooser, on 21 December 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

Thanks for the info.  Don't pay for stuff that you don't want.  I just found out that a friend has paid $2000 for a mop!

Whoa!  I was in the wrong business for all those years.  I hope that mop came with a buxom beauty to wield it!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 22 December 2018 - 09:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16371 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Update;  so I had some boosters in the depot and decided to use them up.  60 minute boosters that I activated and made note of the time.  Sure enough, after my second battle when I returned to the hangar, exactly 25 minutes later, no boosters.

The good news is that this seems to just be a visual glitch.  I still got the boost when I launched again with no boosters showing.  More good news, I managed to launch a fifth battle just two or three minutes before they were set to expire.  Got the boost!  Nice pop when I got back to the hangar!

So, with some caveats, I recommend them if you want to increase crew skills, plane experience, free experience, etc quickly.  300% boost is nice.

But there are some odd things about them, to my way of thinking.  You can't buy them and stockpile in your depot to activate whenever you wish.  You must activate at purchase.  The only ones that will show up in your depot are the ones you win.

I was going to buy some but I realized the server reset was coming up in 30 minutes so I passed.  They run in real time so any of the time that you can't play is wasted.  This seems an odd choice for WG to make unless it is for technical reasons.  But if they ran with game time or you could stock your depot, WG would have made a couple more bucks.  But I am but a lowly worm, what do I know?

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #5 Posted 22 December 2018 - 09:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
Could you please be more specific with your issue? What particular booster did you use and for how long it lasted for you?

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16371 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostblindfoId, on 22 December 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

Could you please be more specific with your issue? What particular booster did you use and for how long it lasted for you?

I thought I was pretty specific but here goes (again).  Crew Skills, Plane Experience, and Free Experience.  Again, it just seems to be a visual glitch.  They are working fine.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Also tagged with boosters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users