WG cut the edited

veteran bots MM balance

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Longsite #1 Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• 10832 battles

WG U are always vocalize that the game is balance, U don't program the output of the game, that the bots have been given the same skill level, depending on the tier. Well all that is B*LLSH*T, I have just lost the last 6 games because of the bad balancing of the bots and bots on my team having no skill. 

Here's whats posted on your website (Bots are added until the battle is full, which is 12 aircraft per team. 1/3 of the bots will fly the same tier aircraft as the battle tier, 2/3 of them — 1 tier lower. Depending on the battle tier, their skill level will vary: for Tiers I-III, all of them will be beginners, for Tiers IV-V — warriors, and for Tiers VI-X — veterans.) 

Please explane to me why I have 2 tier 6 bots that fly like Sh*t, they were just targets, they flew around doing nothing for the whole damn battle.  I have seen Noob with no skill fly better then your veterans bots.  The aircraft that the bots were flying are great aircraft to any other player but I get the crap programming bots that SUCK...... WHY...…

I have posted a image just before the battle was over, whats going on? I know that its almost X-mas, nice holiday event that coming but...... FIX THE F'IN PROBLEMS.....  Is that so hard, I luve the game, I hate the lies, and the B*llSh*t......
If I got the wrong ideal please enlighten me, I'm starting to believe that Hammy's is right, U rigged the game for new players, and I don't mind if U do, but stop the lies and bull.

blindfold help me out here, U are their spoke person, did I miss something?

{The image is just before the battle ended and my 2 veteran tier 6 bots didn't even make 1000hp points, 6 seconds later the battle was over)

Longsite

Master_Cylinder #2 Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 200 battles
  • [FK] FK

Do I hear Hornets buzzing in here or are the Mud Daubers and I shouldn't worry???

It is good to hear a long time player finaly start to raise issues and yell and scream instead of just leaving the game

Longsite, you are the man!!!!

EZP_MRKARP #3 Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11409 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
as fast as some one agrees it deleted

Leadlooser #4 Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9511 battles

Be careful!  WG may 'ex-plane' you before the lack of explanation pushes you over the threshold and you 'ex-plane' yourself.

On a more serious note, I'm sorry you had six of these inexplicable bot MM imbalances, but I think the community brings this subject up daily.  I think this game just is what it is and the only players that can continue are the ones who survive this literal 'attrition' mode.  We all 'luve' this game, and putting up with its inconsistencies is just another, though less financially damaging, attribute of an imperfect product.

I do hope you get an answer that will satisfy your query, but I will not be holding my breath.  GL 

trikke #5 Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:01 PM

Captain

• 4971 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

it happens to everyone, so in that sense, it's fair

View PostLongsite, on 19 December 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

I have just lost the last 6 games because of the bad balancing of the bots and bots on my team having no skill. 

unless you lost 6 battles in a row against only bots...  only then you actually have something new to report to us

no matter how personally embarrassing that might be, we need to hear about it

if there were any red humans in those battles...  you just got beat

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

vcharng #6 Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4678 battles

If I haven't mistaken, the problem is your human teammates.

The screenshot was taken near the end of the game, and one of your human teammate has 3K personal points, the other has 2K. (in contrary, all enemy players have 5K+ points)

That's about the amount I'd make in the first 2 minutes.

Also this game is a good example of "category-wise biased map", it has two plants that pretty much dictates the balance, and your enemy team has a human bomber while your team has only 3 LFs that can't do much about a plant. The human team-making was a disaster already.

With all that in mind it's already a bloody good job when you can keep your losing margin at less than 100 points.

blindfoId #7 Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

I see you are doing great and I am sorry to hear it that you experienced really frustrating battles. But vcharng is right - here's the thing mostly about human players. The MM system is clearly not perfect and it is being worked on continuously. You may be interested in reading this thread where we are discussing the issues. A couple of good players against the ones who are still advancing on their way to the title of Ace pilot is a big deal, such a team can dominate from the very beginning giving almost no chance to the other team, especially AI - as bots are equal in their level for both teams but the team with the dominating human players makes it easier for their AI to perform better. Is is called "snowballing" and the only game breaker in WoWp is the Squall Line.

I am sure you've seen the opposite situation when the dominating team is yours. Do not discourage! We all have seen some bad battles as well as good ones. 

Prenzlau #8 Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16229 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostblindfoId, on 21 December 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

I see you are doing great and I am sorry to hear it that you experienced really frustrating battles. But vcharng is right - here's the thing mostly about human players. The MM system is clearly not perfect and it is being worked on continuously. You may be interested in reading this thread where we are discussing the issues. A couple of good players against the ones who are still advancing on their way to the title of Ace pilot is a big deal, such a team can dominate from the very beginning giving almost no chance to the other team, especially AI - as bots are equal in their level for both teams but the team with the dominating human players makes it easier for their AI to perform better. Is is called "snowballing" and the only game breaker in WoWp is the Squall Line.

I am sure you've seen the opposite situation when the dominating team is yours. Do not discourage! We all have seen some bad battles as well as good ones. 

I like vanilla ice cream as well.

The MM system is clearly not perfect and it is being worked on continuously.

Agreed as a current fact, however any MM system will function the same way. Still the same amount of winners and losers. Even a "fair system" or one that is fair as much as possible, which I assume is the goal, will still have all of the elements you have now, unless players are ranked and segregated based on their stats. 

If that were to happen, then only "A" and "B" players would face each other and "C" and "D" players would only face each other and your ranking would determine your competition. As it stands right now, and as you have pointed out, a dominating "A" player can be in a battle with "C" and "D" players and alter the entire battle towards the "A" players team. 

So unless you are willing to actually rank players and have leagues of like talent, any other "open system" will never be fair or perfect from the players viewpoint. Understanding human psychology, no matter what system of match making you put into place, there will always be an amount of players who are not and never will be happy. 

In the end the match making system will be the one that suits WG the most and although the public line will be, "we are always working on it to make it better", the "better" part will be what ever fits the game the best from internal reasons. My point is that people are never completely happy and trying to achieve 100% happiness is unrealistic, so you try and be logical as much as possible and flexible to some degree, but because everyone has their own self interest, one system might just be as good as the next. I guess it comes down to whatever segment of the player base you want to keep happy. (Oh my, I stumbled into something there)

Just don't try and feed "Haga" to slayers such as us! (For those who don't get that one, just ask)

Prenzlau Tyrannus

Cenotaph #9 Posted 21 December 2018 - 05:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

For those that care not to ask... it's a line from Conan the Barbarian, when they're buying some Stygian black lotus.

Edited by Cenotaph, 21 December 2018 - 05:24 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Prenzlau #10 Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16229 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCenotaph, on 21 December 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

For those that care not to ask... it's a line from Conan the Barbarian, when they're buying some Stygian black lotus.

The problem is that the community keeps getting told it is "Stygian, black lotus... the best" and then it turns out to be "Haga"! 

Am I right?

So any slayer would be very upset with this.

Prenzlau Tyrannus

Prenzlau #11 Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16229 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I cannot decide which is worse. 

I ate at KFC today with a co-worker, (their idea), and that sheet is disgusting! Something I'm no doubt going to pay for later.

Or

I accidentally sent a private conversation I was having with a co-worker to half my company today. 

Please oh Lord get this work day over with before I make another critical mistake!!!

Prenzlau Diarrheatus Embarrasstitus

Deltavee #12 Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:48 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4006 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostPrenzlau, on 21 December 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

I ate at KFC today with a co-worker, (their idea), and that sheet is disgusting! Something I'm no doubt going to pay for later.

Or

I accidentally sent a private conversation I was having with a co-worker to half my company today. 

Please oh Lord get this work day over with before I make another critical mistake!!!

Interesting factoid:  In Japan, KFC is the Christmas meal to have.  Some order it up to two months in advance to make sure they get it for Christmas.

Don't know if KFC introduced olestra in Japan as an oil substitute but the concept of half of Japan dashing for the outhouse at the same time....

I don't eat KFC since the fat substitution for that reason and Popeye's is now in town, so it's not fin du monde. 

Being caught short on a motorcycle on a highway after a KFC feast is not fun, trust me.  :(

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #13 Posted 22 December 2018 - 01:18 AM

Major

• 1500 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

stick with foie gras and you'll never go wrong...

pray tell, it's kfc for folks with too much money

and bad taste

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 22 December 2018 - 01:20 AM

Major

• 1500 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPrenzlau, on 21 December 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Or

perhaps, pray tell... verbal Diarrheatus Embarrasstitus

:P

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Chuck_norris10 #15 Posted 22 December 2018 - 02:38 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2743 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 21 December 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

stick with foie gras and you'll never go wrong...

pray tell, it's kfc for folks with too much money

and bad taste

Do not ever dis my KFC! 

The gravey was invented in my hometown in Alberta Canada by a little old italian gal that ran the kfc. Ironically her son was my geologist for 15 years in an open pit strip mine. The biotch that owned the kfc said the recipe was invented on her premises and so was her property and to this day Kay Kerr will always be known as the biotch that stole an old womans glory. Colonel Sanders even paid for her to go to the usa on a holiday and photo op.

Still....Crispy drumsticks,grecian bread and fries and gravey are to die for.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 22 December 2018 - 02:41 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:17 AM

Major

• 33136 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostChuck_norris10, on 21 December 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

Do not ever dis my KFC! 

The gravey was invented in my hometown in Alberta Canada by a little old italian gal that ran the kfc. Ironically her son was my geologist for 15 years in an open pit strip mine. The biotch that owned the kfc said the recipe was invented on her premises and so was her property and to this day Kay Kerr will always be known as the biotch that stole an old womans glory. Colonel Sanders even paid for her to go to the usa on a holiday and photo op.

Naming and shaming!   How could you?!

I like original.   :popcorn:

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 22 December 2018 - 03:18 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #17 Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:09 AM

Major

• 1500 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostChuck_norris10, on 21 December 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

Do not ever dis my KFC! 

In my younger days...

hehe, chuck

17 white castles one beer night

12 pcs bucket w/ all the sides a different whiskey morning

5 double beef whoppers w/ double cheese on a tequila night

and that was just showing off like the fool I am

Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:26 AM

Major

• 33136 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 21 December 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

In my younger days...

hehe, chuck

17 white castles one beer night

12 pcs bucket w/ all the sides a different whiskey morning

5 double beef whoppers w/ double cheese on a tequila night

and that was just showing off like the fool I am

Fool?  I think NOT!  I am truly impressed (that you are still alive).

:great:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #19 Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:39 AM

Major

• 1500 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 21 December 2018 - 11:26 PM, said:

Fool?  I think NOT!  I am truly impressed (that you are still alive).

:great:

lol... whopper/tequila night was a bet...

done in under 30 mins

:facepalm:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users