FIGHTERS CANT KEEP PACE WITH NEW BOMBERS..

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

trikke #41 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2957 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 19 December 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

Hey, bro.  Just had a game the other day in my Me-410 where I did the thing you said can't be done.  I killed flighted B-17s and won the battle by keeping them from flipping sectors.  It's not hard, you just have to focus on doing the thing your plane does best.  BTW, your Spitfire is a crappy bomber killer.  Don't use it for that purpose.

i love killing flights, but i always have this nagging thought that i should be capping those CCs, instead of shooting at the bombers they send

i do love how flights often ignore the most pivotal caps

unless it's the flights from my CCs, headed off to a county fair or something else stupid...  and completely overlooking both Park Place and Boardwalk

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CorvusCorvax #42 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:34 AM

Captain

• 2914 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posttrikke, on 09 January 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

i love killing flights, but i always have this nagging thought that i should be capping those CCs, instead of shooting at the bombers they send

i do love how flights often ignore the most pivotal caps

unless it's the flights from my CCs, headed off to a county fair or something else stupid...  and completely overlooking both Park Place and Boardwalk

No, this was a pair of humans in bombers, as a flight pair.

My apologies for not being clear.

GonerNL #43 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 891 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 08 January 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

Until it runs into a B-17 which has more firepower in its tail than the 209V4 has in its nose

Right ... I wouldn't use a 209V4 for bomber hunting. 109 is better suited for that ...

Flying on NA and EU servers

legoboy0401 #44 Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1294 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 09 January 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

Right ... I wouldn't use a 209V4 for bomber hunting. 109 is better suited for that ...

Eh, I wouldn't use a 109 for hunting a player bomber just about ever. Maybe a bot bomber, but MOST CERTAINLY NOT a player bomber.

To the contrary, a 209 V4 IS PERFECT for hunting player bombers via sweeping boom-and-zoom diving attacks that drastically minimize the time spent within range of the bomber's defenses.

Let's put it this way: In my 209 V4, I am not a lick afraid of a player B-17G when I'm making a run on it. There's practically nothing he can do to counter me, so long as I don't drastically screw up.

The 209 V4's speed allows it to be played like a J8M, another plane that is only really good at messing with enemy bombers.

The quite weak for an interceptor firepower is quite a problem, but a good gunsight and Raptor Strike can help make a quicker mess of bombers.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

SpiritFoxMY #45 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4076 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postlegoboy0401, on 10 January 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

Eh, I wouldn't use a 109 for hunting a player bomber just about ever. Maybe a bot bomber, but MOST CERTAINLY NOT a player bomber.

To the contrary, a 209 V4 IS PERFECT for hunting player bombers via sweeping boom-and-zoom diving attacks that drastically minimize the time spent within range of the bomber's defenses.

Let's put it this way: In my 209 V4, I am not a lick afraid of a player B-17G when I'm making a run on it. There's practically nothing he can do to counter me, so long as I don't drastically screw up.

The 209 V4's speed allows it to be played like a J8M, another plane that is only really good at messing with enemy bombers.

The quite weak for an interceptor firepower is quite a problem, but a good gunsight and Raptor Strike can help make a quicker mess of bombers.

I don't see what a 209v4 can do against that. Honestly I think that most player bombers don't pay enough attention to their surroundings.

And then there's the difference between shooting a plane down and shooting one down in time to make a difference. Personally that's the main problem with the 209v4 in general. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

legoboy0401 #46 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1294 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 09 January 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

I don't see what a 209v4 can do against that. Honestly I think that most player bombers don't pay enough attention to their surroundings.

And then there's the difference between shooting a plane down and shooting one down in time to make a difference. Personally that's the main problem with the 209v4 in general. 

Remember that the lock-on time of all turrets was drastically increased. That, combined with the Me 209 V4's high speed, as well as the turret DPS at max range nerf, means that a well executed strike should see the Me 209 V4 through just about unscathed, so long as it is near max speed and doesn't stick around and try to get on the bomber's tail.

But yeah, I never said the 209 V4 was very good. It most certainly isn't. I'm just trying to figure out WG's intended role for the V4 that it is so good in that WG won't buff it.

I'm trying to actually find some use in the thing, I think the concept is cool, for one. It's too bad it isn't like one of the IRL FW 190 variants that was heavily armored and designed to kill bombers by ramming them. That would be a unique and entertaining, not to mention effective, playstyle, most unlike this one.

But yeah, I think you missed the part when I said the V4 could use it's high speed(especially in a dive) to penetrate a bomber's defenses and commit a slash attack on the bomber and then be gone before the player even realizes what has happened.

Needless to say, that's really the only way it could intercept a same tier or higher bomber, but it is doable, for the most part.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

CorvusCorvax #47 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:28 AM

Captain

• 2914 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postlegoboy0401, on 11 January 2019 - 01:25 AM, said:

. I'm just trying to figure out WG's intended role for the V4 that it is so good in that WG won't buff it.

It is stupid fast.  I have won it three times, and sold it three times.  The guns are just BAD.  Flying around doing boom and zoom you could fly around all battle and not get a scratch.  And with those horrible guns, not deal but a few scratches to the other team.  Useful for finishing off nearly-dead airplanes, but not much good otherwise.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 11 January 2019 - 01:47 AM.

legoboy0401 #48 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1294 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 10 January 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

It is stupid fast.  I have won it three times, and sold it three times.  The guns are just BAD.  Flying around doing boom and zoom you could fly around all battle and not get a scratch.  And with those horrible guns, not deal but a few scratches to the other team.  Useful for finishing off nearly=dead airplanes, but not much good otherwise.

Same as the J8M.

You have to put that speed to work, or at least attempt to.(it's quite difficult in both aircraft) Done right, it can get you in and out of places that would be a death trap for any other aircraft at their respective tiers.

Edited by legoboy0401, 11 January 2019 - 01:34 AM.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

trikke #49 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2957 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i'm generally not good in bombers, but i am good at baiting heavy bots to stop whatever they were doing and concentrate on me

allowing whomever they were harassing to go right back to work for my team

generally, i get fewer points and more irreparable damage, but it seems to flip a few more caps

we all do what we do best

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

sneakytails #50 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:19 AM

Senior Airman

• 610 battles
  • [ESG] ESG
Its more of a time thing, yeah you could make perfect passes on the bomber and take no damage but it takes time to set those up, and in that time they usually have dropped by then. The pressure is on the attacker not the defender. It still sucks attacking bombers in this game, in realistic flight sims you are not under pressure to kill it in seconds before it flips a cap and you loose a 5 min game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users