Universal/Seasonal Camouflage

skins paint camo bonus XP

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Leadlooser #1 Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6351 battles

Disclaimer:  I started this thought, as I was looking about my hangar for ‘better looking’ camouflage patterns.  I understand that this issue is entirely subjective.

Apparently, seasonal/environmental/theatrical, universal camouflage schemes, nose art, and emblems can give various bonuses to players.  Using assets to procure various skin types is a means for World of Warplanes to profit from its game – and fairly so.

That being said, some of the camouflage patterns and nose art are IMO aesthetically unpleasing (no disrespect to the designers).

I don’t like throwing real money at this game particularly with its seemingly precarious future, so if I’m a thrifty spender, the universal camo schemes are the most economical with their small but universal bonuses over all seasonal/environmental theaters, but the ‘spend more for advantage’ folks will likely choose the seasonal/environmental/theatrical themes as they have arguably higher bonus rates.  I understand this becomes an ‘in for a penny, out for a pound’ argument.

This is monetization of WG’s game – I get it.

I would like to play games in planes camouflaged in dynamic patterns, but so many of them are not – some are just a hue change without much pattern differentiation.  I don’t want to apply camouflage that is underwhelming.

I went through my hangar, and found that around 50% of my planes have the option of equipping the universal camouflage that is too bland and un-purchase-worthy for my taste.

For example, most of us can agree that the Spitfire is an elegant plane with sleek lines.  I don’t want to obliterate those lines with camouflage, and even worse nose art!

I would like to see in the paint shop an option to buy (in-game or real money) the same advantages the current paint schemes yield without a re-skin.  This is to say, choose a paint scheme with or without nose art, and pay for it to give the player the best effects of either or universal and seasonal/environmental/theatrical camo.

If it were possible, I’d love to see every player with a unique personalized skin.  I’m quite certain that this would cause a rendering nightmare.  Sky’s the limit, right?!?  Oh, right! This is a flying game so the sky must be the limit!

Jazz_4 #2 Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1529 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
or have the paint system like it tanks have something like that for all tiers you can paint them historical or you can paint them blue or white or mix the colors the wings could be white and the body could be a dark blue something like that would be cool  to have in game 

Leadlooser #3 Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6351 battles

I accept your cynicism, if that was the endgame/point.  I'm just asking for an option to "un-see" less enticing camouflage patterns while giving the same bonuses.

SkyWolf__WM #4 Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:38 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9611 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Get Hakamod.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Greg_Pattinson #5 Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 18160 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

check out hawkeyes wowp repaints

Greg_Pattinson #6 Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 18160 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
he has some really great skins that will give you exactly what you want.  you can equip seasonal camo for the bonuses but what you will see is his skin in the hangar as well as in battle.  the only downside is nobody else will see it just you.  he has a lot of historical stuff from individual aces of ww2 like Preddys p51d cripes a mighty 3rd (top scoring mustang ace)

Greg_Pattinson #7 Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 18160 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
http://hawkeyededic....py-of-us-lf-3-1

Leadlooser #8 Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6351 battles

Hawkeye is a champion!  I hope he gets a job working with WoWP.  I would hope he can bring 'better' skins to the whole game.

trikke #9 Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

Captain

• 3633 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i was a little disappointed with the shiny metal skins...  polished aluminum has a distinctive look that must be hard to model correctly 

these skins look like a whitewashed fence to me      or is it because i have my graphics set too low?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SpiritFoxMY #10 Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4924 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Maybe its just lighting

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

sandtiger #11 Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20869 battles

View PostJazz_4, on 16 December 2018 - 02:36 AM, said:

or have the paint system like it tanks have something like that for all tiers you can paint them historical or you can paint them blue or white or mix the colors the wings could be white and the body could be a dark blue something like that would be cool  to have in game 

that would be cool but then the coast would go way up but if you do not fly the plane a lot it would not mater

because they would be painted for a long time

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users