Terminator Bots

Bomber Hunters Terminator Ill be back

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #41 Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 17460 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
And what's with the fast peel off with crit engines?  Doesn't seem to slow them down a bit.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Grantwhy #42 Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4018 battles
  • [-GCR-] -GCR-

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 13 December 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

So where is the bot that  says "Come with me if you want to live" in a match? Where is that terminator bot on my team? :amazed:

I think the closest we get is the cap clockwise bot :B

trikke #43 Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2845 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i can't forget the first time i noticed the terminator bots...

109Z came at me and came back at me and came back again!     that made an impression

i couldn't really fly the Z very well but this guy was flawless 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Prenzlau #44 Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:59 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 8599 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 December 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

When I first read this post I disagreed with the OP but didn't say anything.  Flame wars get tiresome.  But I started paying more attention and realized he is right.  Headhunting bots are back.

There is a reason that the term 'headhunting' was invented.  It refers to a player that, regardless of score or team or win% just gets pleasure from blowing up another player's game because they don't like them or something.

But it is rare because it almost always results in losses, low scoring, etc.  People would almost always prefer winning and/or scoring well.

But that bot headhunter?  He could care less.  Very unrealistic behavior.  I just finished a game where Vincent in his VB-10 followed me all over the map, only breaking away when I almost had him dead.  Off he would go to heal up, rinse and repeat.  He scored #11 on his team but he played heck with my game.  This is just the example I remember best.  There were plenty of others.

I also suspicion that he seemed to heal remarkably fast.

I'm glad you set aside your "flame war" posture for a second and agreed to the reality at hand. 

I've been trying to study bot behavior, especially the heavies since I fly lots of bombers. Last night while flying my RB-17 I had a heavy attack me, of course I always beat off the first attack, and as usual the heavy veered off, circled, gained some health back and got it's engines working and attacked again, to which I destroyed them. Now that was not special at all, pretty routine. Ok fast forward a few minutes. That heavy re-spawned and of course found me very quickly and attacked, I opened up on that heavy with my rear gun. I was flying at the time right towards a cap in which there were a full compliment of defense planes. The heavy following me received damage, just like before, but I noticed he did not veer off, he keep attacking. You know what it felt like, it was as if that heavy knew I was flying into the defense planes which were lining up to attack me and that heavy was not about to break off so that I would have to keep my sustained fire on him and not maneuver or tend to my plane against the defense planes. So that heavy behind me went down in flames, but I was very low on health and a very easy kill for the defense heavies. One incident, it does not mean anything, but it was very good tactics by that bot, pushing me into the defense planes while keeping the heat on to the very end. Like it measured the situation and reacted with cunning. But how? I don't give bots that much credit. Maybe it just seemed that way by sheer chance. 

Bot behavior should be studied and it should be understood, if possible. Some people, maybe a lot of people are frustrated with the match maker, the game, the outcomes. So bots are part of that equation. For better or worse we are stick with them, so trying to understand them cannot hurt. The question is, "how stupid are the bots really?" 

Oh and sorry about all the loses you suffered last night Underpants, it was just random chance after all.

Prenzlau

Captain_Underpants53 #45 Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17460 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Glad 'I set aside my flame war posture'?  This from the guy who never passes up an opportunity for a jibe or snark addressed to me?

You can kiss my grits you over-inflated Might Bag of Wind.

Hypocrite

:izmena:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Prenzlau #46 Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:22 PM

• 8599 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 14 December 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Glad 'I set aside my flame war posture'?  This from the guy who never passes up an opportunity for a jibe or snark addressed to me?

You can kiss my grits you over-inflated Might Bag of Wind.

Hypocrite

Hey that is not very nice. Even when I don't personally attack you or name call, you still just cannot help yourself. It would be easier if you would stop flaming me, Zigfreid and Z&P Bombing Co. and then we could have peace and respect. 

It tis the season for forgiving and gift giving, egg nog and yuletide sentiments. Maybe for the holidays we can stop the bad behavior and just enjoy the game?

Prenzlau

Captain_Underpants53 #47 Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17460 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Hypocrite!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Reitousair #48 Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:11 PM

• 8862 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPrenzlau, on 13 December 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

I've been saving the word "nincompoop" for someone very special, and I'm wondering if I'll be compelled to use it. 

Bombers are not broke, what is broke is the lack of competent players overall. If it is not bad enough that the bots are ridiculous, it is also all the human players I see regularly that are below average try hards that whine and cry because they cannot manage a win ratio above 50%. 

What else is broke is the number of low IQ imbeciles that haunt this forum and post statements that are ignorant and asinine.

I see no reason what so ever why I should have to suffer any fools or those who struggle with color recognition. 

The Mighty Prenzlau

View PostPrenzlau, on 13 December 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

Then there is this "nincompoop"... oh geeezz I guess I used it.

My solution is for ignorant and stupid people to not post on my threads. But that is also an old saying that used last year to no avail. 

I cannot discuss the intricacies of chess with someone who only understand checkers.

For a while I just though I was naturally mean and crass when it came to the under-minded, now I realize that pretending that I do not notice their ignorance while being seemingly better mannered is simply not being honest with myself or them. 

Prenzlau

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 December 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

I'm not complaining. I'm showing evidence that WG said in an update that heavy bot fighter behavior would change, and I'm asserting that it has not. I'm also interested in getting more evidence or validation that this is in fact happening to other people, especially people who play bombers. 

Yes, of course heavy fighters attack bombers. The heavy bots do not suicide, they attack and veer off, restore some health, and circle back and attack again, normally. Please do not bring in anything that is "historical" because this is a fantasy game, and it is mostly full of historical flaws, so why be selective at all. 

It amazes me how people can read what I write and still have little or no understanding to the point I am making?!? Either that or they just skim over it and just say whatever pops into their mind and miss what I am saying. 

I'm not going to address in any detail what you wrote in your final statements because obviously you don't know me or my prowess with flying bombers. 

Prenzlau

Your arrogance is quite displeasing to see, even if it's "just an act" this is not constructive in any way and actively increases the toxicity of the forums. I remember when you said you wanted to try and unite the WoWp community but instead you've just been making it more divisive and toxic which doesn't help at all. Insults are one thing sure but at least be creative with them, you're even below the level of just insulting people as you actively try to portray yourself as the intellectually superior person while doing the same thing (and less creatively too.) Seriously man, I like to try and get along with everybody but this is frankly, disgusting.

To quote yourself:

What happened? Why would you want to muck about with all of the "low IQ imbeciles" and "nincompoops" again? To flex your intellectual (and implied moral) superiority? To try and unite the community? To speak your own thoughts? To fight others? You can actually make decent posts but it seems your arrogance gets in the way of you writing anything constructive, at least make it funny. Trolling is one thing, insulting is one thing, but then attempting to do the same things while claiming to be on the high ground? Dunno, doesn't look very intelligent. While there's other derailing posts in this thread (and other toxic messages) this thread seems to be getting kept on rails by the goodwill of the community despite the OP.

Also, grammar errors :P

In other news: bots equipped with large-caliber guns can be quite painful since the terminators get near-100% accuracy which can quickly blast everything out of the sky, even GA and bombers. I've found the Ki-93 to be a particular pain if I'm in any bomber sans the B-32, not only is it a sniper with near 100% accuracy, it's an HF that has a higher chance of having a "headhunt bombers" type of behavior. I do hope there's some work being done to how hard bots will chase you since there are those behavior types where bots will make a beeline towards you as soon as you spawn... even if it means flying through hordes of your teammates.

THIS THREAD IS BACK ON TOPIC :great:

Edited by Reitousair, 14 December 2018 - 07:12 PM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

mnbv_fockewulfe #49 Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• 405 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I was alerted to toxicity on the forum by my friends at HVAR.

I came prepared.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

Prenzlau #50 Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:34 PM

• 8599 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostReitousair, on 14 December 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

Your arrogance is quite displeasing to see, even if it's "just an act" this is not constructive in any way and actively increases the toxicity of the forums. I remember when you said you wanted to try and unite the WoWp community but instead you've just been making it more divisive and toxic which doesn't help at all. Insults are one thing sure but at least be creative with them, you're even below the level of just insulting people as you actively try to portray yourself as the intellectually superior person while doing the same thing (and less creatively too.) Seriously man, I like to try and get along with everybody but this is frankly, disgusting.

To quote yourself:

What happened? Why would you want to muck about with all of the "low IQ imbeciles" and "nincompoops" again? To flex your intellectual (and implied moral) superiority? To try and unite the community? To speak your own thoughts? To fight others? You can actually make decent posts but it seems your arrogance gets in the way of you writing anything constructive, at least make it funny. Trolling is one thing, insulting is one thing, but then attempting to do the same things while claiming to be on the high ground? Dunno, doesn't look very intelligent. While there's other derailing posts in this thread (and other toxic messages) this thread seems to be getting kept on rails by the goodwill of the community despite the OP.

Also, grammar errors :P

In other news: bots equipped with large-caliber guns can be quite painful since the terminators get near-100% accuracy which can quickly blast everything out of the sky, even GA and bombers. I've found the Ki-93 to be a particular pain if I'm in any bomber sans the B-32, not only is it a sniper with near 100% accuracy, it's an HF that has a higher chance of having a "headhunt bombers" type of behavior. I do hope there's some work being done to how hard bots will chase you since there are those behavior types where bots will make a beeline towards you as soon as you spawn... even if it means flying through hordes of your teammates.

THIS THREAD IS BACK ON TOPIC :great:

Wow... little shy Reitousair no longer! (Prenzlau clutches the bloody dagger stuck into his chest) E TU REITOUSAIR! (Prenzlau falls to the floor bleeding) I have to admit I did not think you would rise up and slam me down, but here you are. Part of me is actually proud of you, because standing up, taking a stand for what you believe is right, moral or otherwise is such a necessarily quality. Maybe you should be the "community uniter" since you have the passion and the moral high ground now to do so? You've slain the mighty Prenzlau who has been a friend that has always treated you with respect and has honestly cared about you and your life. I maybe in your eyes totally wrong, but I have to admit, this qualifies as a betrayal of friendship. You could have just PM'ed me without the spectacle. Somehow I have to see the difference in your integrity as compared to mine? I may have indeed have done some of things you have asserted, but I never did anything to you personally, so we learn new things everyday. 

Oooo, I kinda like this drama. I'm afraid I cannot and will not say anything bad or negative about you. Your rant about me, hard to know if I truly deserve it or not. Some people like the fact that I give fools a few slams and lashings, but that is not good enough to really justify it. It is always easier to see things from an outside perspective, I mean no matter what I post, or on what subject I have to endure either direct insults, ridiculous antics, and people who argue and misunderstand to the point where terms like "nincompoop" seem all but applicable. Sometimes, words are just words, and if being called for example "a nincompoop" in an online forum sends someone away crying and in some sort of emotional strife, then I'm sorry only as far as people need to have thicker skins and not be so damn sensitive. Maybe it is better not to offend or play with Prenzlau, because he can actually stand up for himself and fight back. I'm the bad guy for telling some people at times the stark truth. I did not go looking for anyone to insult, this was my thread, by the way.

I like the the fact that your standing up, and if people knew how shy you are, this is a momentous occasion. I guess if I am to be the example, then so be it. If it somehow helps other people in some way. Keep something in mind, when you ask the "why" question concerning my motives and actions. I go where I am needed the most, and the people who need me the most often find me. Sometimes it all starts with being called a "nincompoop" but sometimes it ends in friendship and a higher respect that you don't often see. There are very few people who I have had sustained conflicts with in this forum that I have not either directly asked for their friendship or tried to make peace with, and that is a fact. My ways might seem strange and unorthodox, but yea all who have little faith. Sometimes you have to break something down to build something better and stronger. 

I forgive you Reitousair, for I know you are only acting on what you feel is right. 

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 14 December 2018 - 08:37 PM.

Prenzlau #51 Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:36 PM

• 8599 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 14 December 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

I was alerted to toxicity on the forum by my friends at HVAR.

I came prepared.

For the record I have offered to be friends and fly with you on a number of occasions as well.

Prenzlau

nwlxn12 #52 Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles
His responses are usually an insult, followed by a little subject matter, with a final insult.

Captain_Underpants53 #53 Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17460 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.  If there is anyone you attack more than me, O Mighty Immensness, it is HVAR.

The Klown Komedy Kompany only needs the second Klown to chime in.  But maybe he is working?  At a real job?  Unlike you, who's 'job' (snicker) where you 'work' (yuk, yuk) is such that you can pen your diatribes and pretend to be a peacemaker.

Go cry your crocodile tears, you hypocrite!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #54 Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17460 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View Postnwlxn12, on 14 December 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

His responses are usually an insult, followed by a little subject matter, with a final insult.

Yes!

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Dru83 #55 Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2957 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Wow, it's nice to see we can all get along and not jam up a thread with insults.

So, yeah, I was on my favorite map today in my B17D. Yeah, you know, the archipelago one with a comm center on one side and garrison and airfield on the other? I hate that map. So anyway, I was flying my big ole' bomber out to the comm center and wouldn't ya know it, but a bot Me 410 came out of nowhere and shot me up in seconds. So, of course I tried again... and didn't get halfway across the map before the same bot sent me down in flames. And, oh yeah, I tried again and the same thing happened. So frustrating.

JuanMendoza #56 Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:00 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6832 battles
  • [DAA] DAA

So the bots attack you? Imagine them actually performing their duties!

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks you're a smug conceited stat-padding sh*tbag.

Prenzlau #57 Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

• 8599 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostDru83, on 14 December 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Wow, it's nice to see we can all get along and not jam up a thread with insults.

So, yeah, I was on my favorite map today in my B17D. Yeah, you know, the archipelago one with a comm center on one side and garrison and airfield on the other? I hate that map. So anyway, I was flying my big ole' bomber out to the comm center and wouldn't ya know it, but a bot Me 410 came out of nowhere and shot me up in seconds. So, of course I tried again... and didn't get halfway across the map before the same bot sent me down in flames. And, oh yeah, I tried again and the same thing happened. So frustrating.

It is nice to see a "non troll" wander in with a legitimate post. I have every right to comment and protect my thread by the way, and that is all I was doing.

Yes, once a bot gets locked on to you, for the most part it is handcuffed to you for the entire battle. All I was saying in my original post was that this kind of behavior by the bots is "terminator like" and the bot is not targeting other planes or caps, as it should be. I'm not saying bots should not attack bombers. I'm not saying bots don't have the right to attack bombers or any plane type. That seems pretty straight forward, but once again people come in to my thread and completely not understand my point, even after I re-word it or want to argue or make insults. 

Anybody who plays this game enough understands what I am saying, I think. I'm assuming terminator bot behavior takes away from the game, and makes it less fun. 

Thanks for your insights and story.

Prenzlau

Prenzlau #58 Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:08 PM

• 8599 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostJuanMendoza, on 14 December 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

So the bots attack you? Imagine them actually performing their duties!

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks you're a smug conceited stat-padding sh*tbag.

Well, see for yourselves, there you have it. I'm somehow supposed to give this type of mentality a fake smile and some respect, when they stumble in here looking for a bar fight. So just because I smack a few bums down who were saying stupid things, I'm some sort of villain? 

So Retousair, and your HVAR brothers, is this the guy you are defending? How about the usual trolls? It is funny how we all make our own justice, and our own righteousness. 

Any nimrod that comes into my thread talking like they have a cork for a brain is going to hear it. Simple, direct action with a purpose and I don't need to apologize for another person's stupidity. 

Prenzlau

JuanMendoza #59 Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6832 battles
  • [DAA] DAA

View PostPrenzlau, on 14 December 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

I don't need to apologize for another person's stupidity. 

Prenzlau

And clearly feel no need to apologise for your elitist whining.

sandtiger #60 Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17287 battles

grrrrrr more about the bots please stop flame war i was interested in the names of the bots that do the hunting

i seen max Kerby  and krill all head hunting 

but there is a player also by the name of Kerby

have you had the bot call you out by name that was interesting the first time i saw that one. i went to see what the players name was and when i cheek it was a bot not a player ..it call me by name challenged me to a fight at the center of the map.. i always wondered what the game effect would be if you went after it the on  game and killed it  

Edited by sandtiger, 14 December 2018 - 11:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users