Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #21 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:55 AM

Captain

• 848 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postsandtiger, on 12 December 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Prenzlau

you are better then need to respond to a trolling

it not worth your time

or the waste  energy to talk this out   i found this post interesting thank your sharing it

I was not trolling prezaloup

I was giving a response he (and likely onle he) could uderstand

prenz speaks good words

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

sandtiger #22 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17287 battles

just a head up in my home country  saying someone  cry or acting like like  baby is an insult just a head up ...

maybe where your from it is not but to me that is an insult

sorry an back to the topic Prenzlau started 

have a good day or night every

sand tiger out o7

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #23 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:57 AM

Captain

• 848 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postsandtiger, on 12 December 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Prenzlau

you are better then need to respond to a trolling

it not worth your time

or the waste  energy to talk this out   i found this post interesting thank your sharing it

there was no troll bro...

prenzaloup and I were spreking in our used languague

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

sandtiger #24 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17287 battles
it was not meant for you ace

Twindwarfs #25 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:18 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3689 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 13 December 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

I'm not complaining. I'm showing evidence that WG said in an update that heavy bot fighter behavior would change, and I'm asserting that it has not. I'm also interested in getting more evidence or validation that this is in fact happening to other people, especially people who play bombers. 

Yes, of course heavy fighters attack bombers. The heavy bots do not suicide, they attack and veer off, restore some health, and circle back and attack again, normally. Please do not bring in anything that is "historical" because this is a fantasy game, and it is mostly full of historical flaws, so why be selective at all. 

It amazes me how people can read what I write and still have little or no understanding to the point I am making?!? Either that or they just skim over it and just say whatever pops into their mind and miss what I am saying. 

I'm not going to address in any detail what you wrote in your final statements because obviously you don't know me or my prowess with flying bombers. 

Prenzlau

I just picked out one single point you made which I personally do not like and avoided expressing my appreciation for the others. Are you seriously requiring everyone reading your post to agree with everything you write?

Your prowess with flying bombers? Don't make me laugh. Your entire post is about how stupid those bots are. You mean your prowess against stupid bots? For a long time I haven't seen someone bragging about his skill at dealing with bots.

Back to the point I was trying to make. If you think bots heavy fighters consistently trying to hunt bombers is a problem. Do you have a better solution? At least, I don't think programming the bots to be less willing to hunt the bombers is healthy to the game. In that case, bombers will be able to drop bombs wherever and whenever they want, especially considering there are so few human players in this game right now. Another thing I need to point out, those annoying bots serve to distinguish bomber players of different skills. A good bomber player can still perform well under the pressure of those suiciding bots and a less capable bomber player will struggle in the same situation. 

SpiritFoxMY #26 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3813 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Terminators have been a problem ever since the original bot rework and not just a bomber problem (I've had a HGII bot headhunt my Ta152 all across the goddamn map. It got three kills that match. Guess how many times I died?)

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

sandtiger #27 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17287 battles

i been head hunted in my ga s  and light fighters as well ... 

i do not like the hunter bots lol 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #28 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:41 AM

Captain

• 848 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

five mor feet of safety

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 13 December 2018 - 03:43 AM.

Bobby_Tables #29 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5483 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 12 December 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

Terminators have been a problem ever since the original bot rework and not just a bomber problem (I've had a HGII bot headhunt my Ta152 all across the goddamn map. It got three kills that match. Guess how many times I died?)

Truth. I dunno if it's program or coincidence*

but it prompted you to say

"pride will tear us both apart"

Well now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops
Run away
Left me in the vacuum of my heart

But yeah, it's not just a bomber issue.  I have been in a GA and the same damn bot will be on me again and again and again.  Even after I dispatch that bot and their spawn point is clear across the map, there they are again, coming at me in a suicidal rage.  

However, I tend to doubt it's programming against humans.  I just think it's a glitch in the Westworld mainframe, where that bots primary directive is to, for example Kill, Kill, Kill all GA (or bombers or whatnot).  

I am willing to bet that on the bot forums Beppo is complaining about this very thing, while Miroslav is posting pictures of Reynolds Wrap.  I mean seriously, who knows how many bot bombers or bot GAs are harassed by the same headhunting enemy bot.  Maybe some of the bots are programmed for headhunting mode.  

Does not mean that WG did not change the programming for heavies, but maybe there are just some gunslinger bots with a programmed vendetta to go after the first plane to put a few holes in them or something.  

*The second I typed this Duran Duran started playing in my head.  Now the song is playing in yours.  How is that for a mind-[self edited].

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 13 December 2018 - 04:33 AM.

CorvusCorvax #30 Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2806 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

No matter what WG says, the bots do headhunt.  I have had a damn Yak-9U come find me four times in a single map, tying me up so that I can't help my team mates.  It ends up at the bottom of the scoring stack, but instead of me being at or near the top of the blue team standings, it's a loss, and I'm in the middle somewhere.

One might say that the bot did its job by tying up a human player so the human couldn't achieve battle-winning goals.  Maybe, but it seems pretty sad that the programing for chasing a particular player supersedes helping your team mates in shooting down aircraft that might have a more immediate impact on battle goals.

I, too, have been chased around in a bomber by a bot HF.  While flying an RB-17, I had a bot Me-262 chase me around the map the entire battle.  I'd shoot him up, and he's peel off, hang out, then come back at me.  We played this game the whole battle, and I shot him down three times.  Funny, he always knew exactly where I was, and would come straight for me...

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 13 December 2018 - 05:23 AM.

LMG #31 Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

Overall it seems that target prioritization for bots is based off what type of plane they're flying. I can confirm that bot heavy fighters do consider Bombers as their top priority, while other planes will usually not go out of their way to chase after a bomber as often, if at all. Bot multiroles and certain fighters seem to have a preference for going out of their way to engage GAAs, while bot Heavies ignore them for the most part if there's anything else nearby. ADAs also have some similar and fairly strict priorities when it comes to "who to shoot" :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

jack_wdw #32 Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:57 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1816 battles
Yesterday, I've had a bot called Max follow me all over the map.
I was flying the Tier III Buffalo,  this bot was flying an F3F;
I could use my speed advantage to drag him all over the map and score some other kills in the meantime, but he didn't give up in pursuing me.
I was even doubting if he was a bot.
I only fly LF's and MF's, I don't even own a bomber and only one GAA which i never fly

FlakValleyExpress #33 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

Captain

• 60 battles
So where is the bot that  says "Come with me if you want to live" in a match? Where is that terminator bot on my team? :amazed:

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Zigfreid #34 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 13059 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 December 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

there was no troll bro...

prenzaloup and I were spreking in our used languague

You are a TROLL,always was a TROLL, and always will be a TROLL.

YOU TRASH AND DERAIL other posts with non-constructive garbage.

If your garbage posts were removed you would not exist in the forum. 

nwlxn12 #35 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 December 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

I don't know what is worse, relentless terminator heavy bots or relentless people who post but cannot understand what I have said. Lets rewind. WG said this in their October update 2.0.7

What is worse is someone that can only talk about the color green and when someone else mentions yellow and blue, they get offended because they think only green, not knowing it takes the other two colors to make green.

What WG says and does has been conflicting since day one and most of us realize their talk is cheap.  What we all want to see is some sort of game balance for all planes and even though I understand you point, I think bombers are kind of broke in the current meta, so sorry if you don't like my response.  Any reduction in bots hunting bombers currently will make bombers even more broken in my opinion.  So I for one am glad WG failed to follow through as you say.

Just FYI, before bombers where an itch in WG's pants, clan battles were said to be coming soon when the game was first released.  So never believe what WG says.

Prenzlau #36 Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:01 PM

• 8599 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postnwlxn12, on 13 December 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

What is worse is someone that can only talk about the color green and when someone else mentions yellow and blue, they get offended because they think only green, not knowing it takes the other two colors to make green.

What WG says and does has been conflicting since day one and most of us realize their talk is cheap.  What we all want to see is some sort of game balance for all planes and even though I understand you point, I think bombers are kind of broke in the current meta, so sorry if you don't like my response.  Any reduction in bots hunting bombers currently will make bombers even more broken in my opinion.  So I for one am glad WG failed to follow through as you say.

Just FYI, before bombers where an itch in WG's pants, clan battles were said to be coming soon when the game was first released.  So never believe what WG says.

I've been saving the word "nincompoop" for someone very special, and I'm wondering if I'll be compelled to use it. 

Bombers are not broke, what is broke is the lack of competent players overall. If it is not bad enough that the bots are ridiculous, it is also all the human players I see regularly that are below average try hards that whine and cry because they cannot manage a win ratio above 50%. 

What else is broke is the number of low IQ imbeciles that haunt this forum and post statements that are ignorant and asinine.

I see no reason what so ever why I should have to suffer any fools or those who struggle with color recognition. 

The Mighty Prenzlau

Prenzlau #37 Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:10 PM

• 8599 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSTJ_12, on 12 December 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

I just picked out one single point you made which I personally do not like and avoided expressing my appreciation for the others. Are you seriously requiring everyone reading your post to agree with everything you write?

Your prowess with flying bombers? Don't make me laugh. Your entire post is about how stupid those bots are. You mean your prowess against stupid bots? For a long time I haven't seen someone bragging about his skill at dealing with bots.

Back to the point I was trying to make. If you think bots heavy fighters consistently trying to hunt bombers is a problem. Do you have a better solution? At least, I don't think programming the bots to be less willing to hunt the bombers is healthy to the game. In that case, bombers will be able to drop bombs wherever and whenever they want, especially considering there are so few human players in this game right now. Another thing I need to point out, those annoying bots serve to distinguish bomber players of different skills. A good bomber player can still perform well under the pressure of those suiciding bots and a less capable bomber player will struggle in the same situation. 

Then there is this "nincompoop"... oh geeezz I guess I used it.

My solution is for ignorant and stupid people to not post on my threads. But that is also an old saying that used last year to no avail. 

I cannot discuss the intricacies of chess with someone who only understand checkers.

For a while I just though I was naturally mean and crass when it came to the under-minded, now I realize that pretending that I do not notice their ignorance while being seemingly better mannered is simply not being honest with myself or them. 

Prenzlau

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #38 Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:26 PM

Captain

• 848 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostZigfreid, on 13 December 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

You are a TROLL,always was a TROLL, and always will be a TROLL.

YOU TRASH AND DERAIL other posts with non-constructive garbage.

If your garbage posts were removed you would not exist in the forum. 

ow... that made me sad

:(

Captain_Underpants53 #39 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17464 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

When I first read this post I disagreed with the OP but didn't say anything.  Flame wars get tiresome.  But I started paying more attention and realized he is right.  Headhunting bots are back.

There is a reason that the term 'headhunting' was invented.  It refers to a player that, regardless of score or team or win% just gets pleasure from blowing up another player's game because they don't like them or something.

But it is rare because it almost always results in losses, low scoring, etc.  People would almost always prefer winning and/or scoring well.

But that bot headhunter?  He could care less.  Very unrealistic behavior.  I just finished a game where Vincent in his VB-10 followed me all over the map, only breaking away when I almost had him dead.  Off he would go to heal up, rinse and repeat.  He scored #11 on his team but he played heck with my game.  This is just the example I remember best.  There were plenty of others.

I also suspicion that he seemed to heal remarkably fast.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #40 Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2806 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 December 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

When I first read this post I disagreed with the OP but didn't say anything.  Flame wars get tiresome.  But I started paying more attention and realized he is right.  Headhunting bots are back.

There is a reason that the term 'headhunting' was invented.  It refers to a player that, regardless of score or team or win% just gets pleasure from blowing up another player's game because they don't like them or something.

But it is rare because it almost always results in losses, low scoring, etc.  People would almost always prefer winning and/or scoring well.

But that bot headhunter?  He could care less.  Very unrealistic behavior.  I just finished a game where Vincent in his VB-10 followed me all over the map, only breaking away when I almost had him dead.  Off he would go to heal up, rinse and repeat.  He scored #11 on his team but he played heck with my game.  This is just the example I remember best.  There were plenty of others.

I also suspicion that he seemed to heal remarkably fast.

Vincent has been kind enough to hunt me as well.  It sucks when he's on your team, because he seems to not do anything useful, but I'd like to watch him to see if he actually harasses a red human player...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users