• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Azis_ #61 Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1215 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

*puff puff PASS!*

:amazed:

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

Captain_Underpants53 #62 Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16371 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

We don't need to defend him and we sure as heck ain't gonna defend a Pompous Ego like you!

:izmena:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Reitousair #63 Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:02 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 8022 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPrenzlau, on 14 December 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

*saving space*

I really don't want to start a flame war or pretend I can unite the WoWp community, I don't want to start drama or be a white knight, but instead voice my displeasure and reasons why I find your behavior displeasing. I can't forgive your behavior but I will forgive you for snide, possibly condescending remarks. And I do appreciate you attempting to understand where I'm coming from and forgiving my criticisms of you, we can still be cordial, yeah?

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 14 December 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

*saving space 2: the compressing*

Eww, is that Windows Explorer?

View PostDru83, on 14 December 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

So, yeah, I was on my favorite map today in my B17D. Yeah, you know, the archipelago one with a comm center on one side and garrison and airfield on the other? I hate that map. So anyway, I was flying my big ole' bomber out to the comm center and wouldn't ya know it, but a bot Me 410 came out of nowhere and shot me up in seconds. So, of course I tried again... and didn't get halfway across the map before the same bot sent me down in flames. And, oh yeah, I tried again and the same thing happened. So frustrating.

Archipelago - Decisive Blow is pretty terrible, I think everybody here can agree on that, and HF's a tier above you are usually your demise, seems like you had the "great fortune" of one that would prioritize you above all others.

View PostJuanMendoza, on 14 December 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks you're a smug conceited stat-padding sh*tbag.

I hate to say it because I'll sound all preachy and judgmental, but could we perhaps tone down the insults a bit, this is crossing the line of being hot garbage, now it's just some more radioactive waste to add to the pile.

View PostPrenzlau, on 14 December 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

So Retousair, and your HVAR brothers, is this the guy you are defending? How about the usual trolls? It is funny how we all make our own justice, and our own righteousness. 

Don't bring my clan into this, while I'm not answering above questions due to how loaded they are, I will say this: there's a lot of gray that goes into internet forums and in general online text chat which can lead to different interpretations, it can be hard to make out any clear lines in said gray; there's a difference between being annoying and being toxic.

Anyways, I've never really noticed any specifically named bots that will have certain behavior patterns. Even the revered and feared Potap can sometimes prove utterly worthless in battle. I had a Mosquito 26 attack my P-51K the other day and it would break off after doing minimal damage to me for some reason. The very next match there was another Mosquito 26 which was out for my blood if I got anywhere near the sector it was located at and would cause seriously heavy damage if I didn't maneuver to dodge it. Maybe we can get an explanation on bot behaviors? Because there are clear differences in behavior, though that could be due to outside factors, it just seems odd that two bots in the same plane can act so wildly different.

Edited by Reitousair, 15 December 2018 - 12:03 AM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Prenzlau #64 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:23 AM

• 7664 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Reitousair: I really don't want to start a flame war

Let me re-phrase what you really meant. "What I want is to take multiple free shots at you Prenzlau, and judge you, convict you, and impose my own sense of righteousness upon your behavior. Oh and by the way, I'm not trying to start any trouble or a flame war here, so just let me slap you really hard a few times and then lets forget about the whole thing."

Reitousair: I don't want to start drama or be a white knight

But you just did. Let me again re-phrase what you really meant. "Knowing your propensity for drama and conflict Prenzlau, I'm going to royally flame you, and I mean really stick you, since you consider me a good friend. But I am in no way trying to create any drama here, I just want to let you have it for free and again then we can just forget it ever happened." "By the way, I'm not trying to be a white knight here I'm just going to appear very righteous by calling you toxic a few times, arrogant, divisive, and what you say is disgusting." Somehow that is different from the things I say.... but I cannot put my finger on it... hhhhmmmm.... oh yes, it all sounds better coming from a white knight.

Reitousair: but instead voice my displeasure and reasons why I find your behavior displeasing.

I'm sorry I did not realize I needed to answer to you? So you reserve the right to be displeased, and to vent your displeasure, as you have, but I'm not allowed that same right? Somehow your venting of your displeasure is just a different variety of toxicity than mine. I'll try not to be so "displeasing" to you in the future, now that I know I cannot be displeasing. 

Reitousair: I can't forgive your behavior but I will forgive you for snide, possibly condescending remarks.

Wow, do you have any idea how condescending you sound? If I did not know better I'd say your rhetoric comes right out of the mouth of someone of royal standing. Well, thanks so much your highness for your forgiveness for somethings, and I'll work really hard so try and earn your forgiveness for my bad behavior. This all seems like "In a mirror, darkly". How ironic it is to to be called arrogant for the same rhetoric that you speak freely, and believe me when you read your own words it is quite obvious how it sounds. With Prenzlau it is arrogance, when it is Reitousair it is righteousness, and what a very thin line there is between them. 

Reitousair: And I do appreciate you attempting to understand where I'm coming from and forgiving my criticisms of you, we can still be cordial, yeah?

Again let me re-phrase what you really mean. "I'm glad Prenzlau that you are not upset and that you can get by everything I said about you. Never mind the fact that I really tried to make you look as bad as possible and that yes we were friends up until I betrayed you. No hard feelings, aye? We can still go about things like they never happened and talk regularly like we always do, right?" What you are forgetting is that I have gotten to know you, and I know somethings about you that even your clannies don't know or understand. To be honest I'm the last person you want to pick a fight with. If I just stopped talking right now, it would be nothing short of mercy, would it not?

I'm going to do just what you want me to. Put this all to bed and move on, like it never happened, because I know that is exactly what you want. You're a young Jedi Reitousair in your own right, BUT you are not ready to fight Darth Vader yet. 

Consider this all closed.

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 15 December 2018 - 01:28 AM.

Reitousair #65 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:35 AM

• 8022 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPrenzlau, on 14 December 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

I'm going to do just what you want me to. Put this all to bed and move on, like it never happened, because I know that is exactly what you want. You're a young Jedi Reitousair in your own right, BUT you are not ready to fight Darth Vader yet. 

Consider this all closed.

Prenzlau

Alright, good, now let's get back to going over how WG needs to work out some more kinks in bot behavior!

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Prenzlau #66 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:36 AM

• 7664 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostJuanMendoza, on 14 December 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

And clearly feel no need to apologise for your elitist whining.

Apologize for what Juan? For smoking your plane behind my bomber when you were flopping around like a fish out of water? For steam rolling your teams and dishing out a few crushing defeats? 

What should I be apologizing for? It is not arrogance if I can actually do it.

Prenzlau

Perco_lator #67 Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:06 AM

• 11 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 14 December 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

I always beat off the first attack, and as usual the heavy veered off. Now that was not special at all, pretty routine.

Prenzlau

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

sandtiger #68 Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:21 AM

• 15450 battles

my idea of what happen  on here when the napalm is drop on a topic

when a flame war happens this is what  the  topic look like to me 

it frustrates me how mane good topic get trolled of flame  wars started  in them it just make  me go grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i was enjoy that topic now its just flip ugly

Edited by sandtiger, 15 December 2018 - 03:23 AM.

jack_wdw #69 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1600 battles

View Postsandtiger, on 14 December 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

grrrrrr more about the bots please stop flame war i was interested in the names of the bots that do the hunting

i seen max Kerby  and krill all head hunting 

but there is a player also by the name of Kerby

have you had the bot call you out by name that was interesting the first time i saw that one. i went to see what the players name was and when i cheek it was a bot not a player ..it call me by name challenged me to a fight at the center of the map.. i always wondered what the game effect would be if you went after it the on  game and killed it  

I have never seen a Kerby.

The ones i know that are headhunting are Max(Us), Vincent(Fr) and Knut(DE) 

CorvusCorvax #70 Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2481 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postjack_wdw, on 15 December 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Kirby, I think.  Knut is a giant pain in the butt.  Especially in a Bf-110.  He knows how to fly the thing really well.

JuanMendoza #71 Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:36 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6752 battles
  • [DAA] DAA

View PostPrenzlau, on 15 December 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

Apologize for what Juan? For smoking your plane behind my bomber when you were flopping around like a fish out of water? For steam rolling your teams and dishing out a few crushing defeats? 

What should I be apologizing for? It is not arrogance if I can actually do it.

Prenzlau

Apologise for your "too late" comment when I shot the sh*t out of your stat-padding OP bomber, smart-[edited].

Captain_Underpants53 #72 Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16371 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostJuanMendoza, on 20 December 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

Apologise for your "too late" comment when I shot the sh*t out of your stat-padding OP bomber, smart-[edited].

He is a master at snark on the battle field.  Unless your side wins or you outscore him.  Then, strangely, silence.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

EZP_MRKARP #73 Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5385 battles
head hunting bots? no there is no...oh wait ive said this day one bots do , and some do nothing wg must think every one is dumb and we dont see these things. maybe everyone should fly bombers all the time every day wonder what wg would do then

CorvusCorvax #74 Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2481 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostEZP_MRKARP, on 20 December 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

head hunting bots? no there is no...oh wait ive said this day one bots do , and some do nothing wg must think every one is dumb and we dont see these things. maybe everyone should fly bombers all the time every day wonder what wg would do then

Nerf the bombers, that's what they'd do.

Prenzlau #75 Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:10 PM

• 7664 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I think the bombers have been nerfed enough. 

For the most part the past "nerfings" have forced bombers to fly at very convenient altitudes for attacking planes if they want their bombers to be effective. What happens at high altitudes near the ceiling for the bomber is that they lose a lot of speed and their accuracy really suffers. If you fly too low, your speed also is reduced and you take the chance of blowing yourself up or damaging your own plane.

So what is next, nerfing the guns on a bomber, the only protection that they have against other planes?

Bombers are part of this game, they have their role. If in any particular battle it seems like a human bomber player is dominant, I would suggest that low human population is the real culprit. I've noticed in battles with 6 or more humans per side, that it is much harder to fly bombers because there simply is more humans in heavies and other planes that are willing to attack you. The problem always seems to circle back to not having enough player population. So people and WG look for "causes" and "issues" that might not be so pronounced if this game simply had more players. 

As I have said many times, it seem like this game is "plodding" along when it could be cruising. There are many reasons for this, which have been posted in this forum many times. This game seems more aligned with stagnation then failing outright or accelerating into something wonderful. Again, the "plodding" along is the main frustration here. If WG either does not know how to fix this or is unwilling to, then expect more of the same in 2019.

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 20 December 2018 - 04:11 PM.

StoptheViolins #76 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2129 battles
Lies! I got hunted down all mission by bot heavies.  The moment I got spotted the suckers immediately disengaged and came across the map to get me.

jack_wdw #77 Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1600 battles

View Postjack_wdw, on 15 December 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

I'm going to add Sergej to this list.
Soviet killer super sniper bot

legoboy0401 #78 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:58 AM

• 708 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 December 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I'm not complaining. I'm showing evidence that WG said in an update that heavy bot fighter behavior would change, and I'm asserting that it has not. I'm also interested in getting more evidence or validation that this is in fact happening to other people, especially people who play bombers. 

Yes, of course heavy fighters attack bombers. The heavy bots do not suicide, they attack and veer off, restore some health, and circle back and attack again, normally. Please do not bring in anything that is "historical" because this is a fantasy game, and it is mostly full of historical flaws, so why be selective at all. 

It amazes me how people can read what I write and still have little or no understanding to the point I am making?!? Either that or they just skim over it and just say whatever pops into their mind and miss what I am saying. 

I'm not going to address in any detail what you wrote in your final statements because obviously you don't know me or my prowess with flying bombers. 

Prenzlau

That same update also apparently somehow got all bots to focus GAA more, and sometimes a random player bot in like a light fighter or multi-role to become anti-GAA homing missiles that will only focus one certain GAA all game no matter how many times it is destroyed while doing so.

Because of this, I no longer play GAA anymore.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

GonerNL #79 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:32 AM

• 862 battles

View Postjack_wdw, on 08 February 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Soviet killer super sniper bot

There's a whole bunch of them. All in the Soviet planes with howitzers ... and lately also some in the Jap KI heavies.

It can not be a coincidence when you get shot down (or at least targeted) by the same bot over and over, even when respawning on the other side of the map. They just get info on your whereabouts ...

Flying on NA and EU servers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users