strafing parked airplanes for affect

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

LBAEZ #1 Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 300 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
would it be nice to have airplanes we can strafe for affect and points of course. how many pilots would like that thrown in the game lets let wargamers know?

Attached Thumbnails

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18923 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Nice idea.

:great:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

sandtiger #3 Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 19388 battles

if they add them to one of the little section s on the air base like a hanger with them out front that would be kinda cool....   but i would like them to fix he  black screen error first before they add new coding to the game ... but i think it would be cool idea

LMG #4 Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

I would like more variety in the ground targets. Maybe have a line of like 4-6 airplanes that count as "soft buildings". Maybe even go a step beyond and make an Airbase where the Central Ground Target is an Aircraft Carrier :popcorn:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:06 PM

Captain

• 493 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
For this to have any impact on gameplay at all beyond cosmetics, the game needs to move away from arena style combat to an open world style.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

trikke #6 Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3064 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 09 December 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

I would like more variety in the ground targets. Maybe have a line of like 4-6 airplanes that count as "soft buildings". Maybe even go a step beyond and make an Airbase where the Central Ground Target is an Aircraft Carrier :popcorn:

i think you and i talked about a carrier group as a new capture point on Archipelago in the past...   it was a great idea then, and a great idea now

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Deltavee #7 Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2330 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

A good idea if they are, for instance spread around an airfield as alternate targets with some soft targets removed that they can replace for point value. 

I have to agree with sandtiger in that there are other issues to be addressed (black screen; surprise ejections from the game while in mid-battle, etc.) before any more code is added to the game.  There's enough gremlins pole vaulting around in the background as it is.

fockewulfe's idea about moving away from arena style combat to an open world style would be fabulous but again, fix what's broke before adding anything else that would confuse the poor computers any more than they are now.

Full points for the idea.  Possibility of it actually happening before we have a colony set up on the moon is doubtful, unfortunately.

Carriers?  It would be a gas to try skip-bombing a carrier group going flat out at twenty-five feet off the water.  That's Beaufighter territory but I'd try it in an IL-2 for sure.  'Course that would make it a WAA instead of a GAA  :izmena:

I can think of at least two bomber fiends who'd be up for the challenge of hitting a moving target from height.

Yeah, I def like the whole carrier thing.

Edited by Deltavee, 11 December 2018 - 04:57 AM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

LBAEZ #8 Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 300 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
all good points guys but I just thought of throwing it out there and see what other thinking heads come up with

Double_O7 #9 Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

Senior Airman

• 484 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
Love the idea

CorvusCorvax #10 Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:23 AM

Captain

• 3120 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Or artillery pieces, or tanks, or an ammo dump - set it on fire, and some random time later - BOOM!

legoboy0401 #11 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1425 battles

View PostDeltavee, on 09 December 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

A good idea if they are, for instance spread around an airfield as alternate targets with some soft targets removed that they can replace for point value. 

I have to agree with sandtiger in that there are other issues to be addressed (black screen; surprise ejections from the game while in mid-battle, etc.) before any more code is added to the game.  There's enough gremlins pole vaulting around in the background as it is.

fockewulfe's idea about moving away from arena style combat to an open world style would be fabulous but again, fix what's broke before adding anything else that would confuse the poor computers any more than they are now.

Full points for the idea.  Possibility of it actually happening before we have a colony set up on the moon is doubtful, unfortunately.

Carriers?  It would be a gas to try skip-bombing a carrier group going flat out at twenty-five feet off the water.  That's Beaufighter territory but I'd try it in an IL-2 for sure.  'Course that would make it a WAA instead of a GAA  :izmena:

I can think of at least two bomber fiends who'd be up for the challenge of hitting a moving target from height.

Yeah, I def like the whole carrier thing.

Eh, Stukas did it, and the Soviet Navy used a variant of the IL-2 if I do so recall for torpedo bombing, so there is some precedent for using GAAs, and aircraft that were often used in the GAA role, in the anti-naval role.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users