Materials in World of Warplanes

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

blindfoId #1 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

Equipment enhancement is a very important part in your preparations for battle. If you have ever tried to enhance, calibrate or reassemble your equipment you know that you need particular types of materials.

So how materials are gained?

The main principles are as follows:

1. Materials are awarded for destroying aerial or ground targets.
  2. The more HP has a target the higher chances are for getting materials. For example, bombers and heavy fighters or armored ground targets. There's a slight chance to get 2 or even 3 parts for destroying one target. 
  3. There's a higher chance to gain materials for killing players/bots aircraft than for destroying ADAs and Bomber Flights.

Please mind:

For example, if you have a 40% chance to get airframe from a bomber (I underline - just an example irrelevant to reality) it doesn't mean that if you eliminate 3 bombers you will surely get a piece of material. It only means that every time you eliminate the target you have 40% chance to get a material. 

Table of material drop

Period I (Tiers I-IV)

Spoiler

Period II (Tiers V-VII)

Spoiler

Period III (Tiers VIII-X)
Spoiler

Greg_Pattinson #2 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10993 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Thanks great post! very useful and much appreciated

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:51 PM

Captain

• 276 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
So...why are the actually probabilities a secret?:sceptic:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Greg_Pattinson #4 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10993 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
good job

Edited by Greg_Pattinson, 07 December 2018 - 04:18 PM.

blindfoId #5 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:47 PM

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

Thank you for the notice. I've edited the description and added approximate chances of material drops in comparison.

Zigfreid #6 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10837 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Thanks for sharing. :great:

HooZon_1st #7 Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:02 PM

Master Sergeant

• 8107 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

ALL of OWSS thanks you for the information

Swarthgood - Commander OWSS

LMG #8 Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2434 battles

What counts as a "Special Object" though? Out of the top of my head the only thing that doesn't really fit any descriptions is the repair building on Airbases and that's about it :amazed:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Apollo_Adama #9 Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:25 PM

Airman Basic

• 209 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View PostLMG, on 07 December 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

Edited by Apollo_Adama, 07 December 2018 - 05:26 PM.

Cenotaph #10 Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3257 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostApollo_Adama, on 07 December 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

Special object: Closed Beta Players.

:ohmy:
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

El_Mulo #11 Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11993 battles

Useful data.  
Thanks Blindfold!

What we say to death?

Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15443 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
Special objects are the main buildings on CCs, Military Bases, and Mining Plants.  What I wonder is why do I get some of these materials when flying a Tier that supposedly will not give them?  For instance, radio electronics in a Tier VII bomber.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

BB3_Oregon_Steel #13 Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• 602 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
Now this is useful information.  Thanks so much for sharing!!! :medal:

LMG #14 Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2434 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 07 December 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Special objects are the main buildings on CCs, Military Bases, and Mining Plants.  What I wonder is why do I get some of these materials when flying a Tier that supposedly will not give them?  For instance, radio electronics in a Tier VII bomber.

I thought those counted as Big Armored Objects :unsure:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15443 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostLMG, on 07 December 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

I thought those counted as Big Armored Objects :unsure:

Nope.   Count as Special Objects.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #16 Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 07 December 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

So...why are the actually probabilities a secret?

Maybe because as with the reality of matchmaker versus dev beliefs, parts being doled out probably isn't working as WG imagines the system should be doing for the casual/non-elite pilots.

In six matches last night I had only two wins, netting maybe eight parts in total - but none of the (three) rare types.

Friday I was on teams that won three out of five times, yet without that much better of a parts payout.

Around the end of November was the last I bothered trying to play:

- in a final flight with the La160 before I sold it I shot down just (7) planes and got eight (8) parts, two of them rare.

- I earned a McCampbell with the Banshee, shooting down (13) planes for fourteen (14) parts, with one each of the rare types.

- I earned a Winged Legend with the F84B, shooting down (13) planes for eighteen (18) parts, seven of them rares.

- I earned back to back Akamatsu medals with the Sabre, but the first was a loss for nothing (15 kills). Second match I shot down (18) planes, seven kay in aerial damage, for fifteen (15) parts, three of them rares.

Unfortunately, while the 2.0.5 equipment system might somewhat work for low- to mid-tier planes with some farming at the higher tiers I usually fly VIIIs and only sometimes as low as VI or VII.

With those planes enhancement just to be at the "improved" level starts off asking for sometimes as much as thirty to forty plus of each common or uncommon part and up to five or more of the rare types.

I just finally Friday night managed to improve the guns on the Banshee, because I wasn't getting enough of the heat resistant or radio electronic parts.

The whole system is just too many repeated levels of randomness, not to mention entirely dependent upon a WIN condition, on top of how a match may actually play out.

And as for hoping to get weapon parts:

- When I fly a heavy I don't often drop down to chase GAA, and I'll make a single pass at unknown player bombers to see what their firepower is like before deciding whether or not to bother chasing them during a match.

- When I fly a light I usually stay away from players in GAA or bombers, because even if they have low firepower the time it takes to keep repositioning to shoot at them isn't worth the damage they inflict in return

Maybe I should just start farming parts with my GAA and hope for payouts off buildings, but since the majority of matches more often than not are losses anyways.... /sigh

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 10 December 2018 - 01:49 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

Perrigrino #17 Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4104 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Thanks Blindfold, much appreciated. Another mystery solved and as I encourage more of this so fewer "conspiracy theories", as the devs like to call them, arise. Any update as to my previous question on this matter:

from Update 2.0.7:

Economics

• Changed algorithms for calculating credits reward to balance income for players of varying skill levels. This change involves all aircraft in the game. Average reward for battles of all Tiers will remain the same. Advantages of premium aircraft will not change. 

This needs to be addressed because when we talk about FUN, BALANCE and FAIRness, everyone should be treated equally. Are Veterans getting less? Are Beginners getting more? Or should we start mythologizing the way pilots are renumerated for their effort? Open, honest, accountability. Many have invested heavily into this game and only want to be treated fairly and equitably. Otherwise, that too, takes away from the FUN.

blindfoId #18 Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:54 PM

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 07 December 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

Correct.

Special objects are the most protected objects which grant you the highest number of capture points per sector. 

There are only 4 sectors which have Special Objects. They are:

1. Military Base
  2. Command Center
  3. Mining Plant
  4. Airbase

Main objects of these sectors are special objects.

Radio Electronics do drop on Tier VII but with a pretty low chance. But if you are in a battle with Tiers VIII (flying on Tier VII) the battle is considered to be of Tier VIII, so there are a little bit higher chances to get these materials. 

Captain_Underpants53 #19 Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15443 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

Thank you.  That explains a lot.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users