2 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:56 AM

Captain

• 41 battles
  • Player
  • 7865 fights 
  • 106 message_img.png
  • Check in: 

I decided to record a video about how to change the names of the bots.

That's what i did

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 05 December 2018 - 01:59 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

FlakValleyExpress #2 Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

Captain

• 41 battles

wow. Really WG? blank my info. :facepalm::angry: two hours of work trashed. I will try again later guys sorry.

Update:

I found something on the RU WoWP forums thanks to Oleqsa from the RU WoWP forums. You can change the bot names to anything that you like. You can use famous names or get revenge back on them in your own karma way. :angry: The video can be auto translated by YouTube in English. Below is the information.

Block Quote

I decided to record a video about how to change the names of the bots.

That's what i did. I'm talking slowly, so feel free to set speed X2

terminal text files

with pilots Attached file wowp-pilots.txt 

Spoiler

all files Attached file wowp.txt 

Spoiler

Well, the mod itself on the names

Attached file Bot_Names_Dot_2080.zip 125.95K

Something else important:

File properties in PoEdit are opened via Alt + Enter, they specify the language and encoding of the file. A file with a wrong encoding will incorrectly display characters. Therefore, if you write the names of bots in Russian or with any characters other than Latin letters and numbers, you must set the encoding to UTF-8 or UTF-16

FVE Note: See above thumbnail

Ru WoWP forum source link

Note: I have not done the change myself, but other RU WoWP pilots have noted the change with success. There appears to be 7 file names to be edited? My advice is to back up files before any changes are edited.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 05 December 2018 - 02:03 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

trikke #3 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i've always wondered if the names of the ace bots stay the same, paired with the special ace bot skills

it would be fun to be able to look across the Tab roster and see Potap and groan "oh no! it's Potap again!"

just as we do now when we see human aces

doesn't seem like there would be much extra coding involved, but i really have no idea

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Also tagged with bots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users