Jump to content


Match Maker, Match Maker, Make Me A Match

MM Match Maker Devs Patent

  • Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Perrigrino #81 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:01 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4921 battles
  • 319
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

and now back to MM and how it works in Tanks according to the WG wiki site info http://wiki.wargamin...Matchmaker_(WoT)    :

 

please note! -

This article is outdated and explains the matchmaking used until 9.18Edit

 

 

Vehicle WeightEdit

Once enough candidates for a certain battle tier are found, the matchmaker tries to form two teams from them. For this purpose each vehicle is assigned a certain weight, and the matchmaker tries to keep the weight of both teams as equal as possible. Weighting is performed by vehicle tier and vehicle type, some vehicles are individually weighted, and for some vehicles there are special restrictions.

Below are the rules for game version 0.8.0:

 

  • Special Restrictions
    • The number of the same vehicle on opposing teams cannot differ by more than 1, except when the vehicles are in a platoon.
    • Previously, the number of SPGs in opposing teams could never differ by more than 1. While this is still the goal for the match-maker, since update 0.7.4 it is not a strict restriction. Now, rarely, SPG numbers can differ by more, including one team having none while the other team has one or more.
    • The total weight of the SPGs on opposing teams cannot differ by more than 25%.
    • The total weight of the top tier vehicles on opposing teams cannot differ by more than 25%.
    • It seems in general the weight of opposing teams does not differ by more than 10%, but it is unclear if there is a fixed limit.

 

  • Scouts
    • In the Version 8.5 update, a new Match Maker rule was planned for balancing Light Tanks. The rule was intended to balance out the number of Scout tanks on each team by balancing the weight of Scouts on both teams so they won’t differ by more than +/-20 vehicle weight points. The advantage to this rule is the matchmaker will no longer distribute a large number of scout tanks to one team and none to the other; the number of scouts should be roughly the same for each team. During tests, Scout balancing created other imbalances so it was not implemented. It is currently planned to be released with a later patch.
    • The following vehicles are marked as Scouts:
    • PlatoonsEdit

      IMPORTANT: If you are in a platoon, the entire platoon is placed into battles according to the platoon member in the vehicle with the highest battle tier. This can produce unwanted results in particular for new players at the lower tiers. For example, a tier 4 scout can enter battles up to tier 7, whereas a tier 4 medium tank on its own can only join battles up to tier 6. If these platoon together, the scout will pull the other tank up into its battle tier, where the other tank will usually be hopelessly outclassed. The same thing happens when a tank with preferential match making is platooning with a normal tank. Please take this into account when forming platoons.

      A special case of this is when you see a top tier tank platooned with one or two tier 1 tank. This is sometimes done on purpose. If you look above, a tier 10 heavy tank weighs 145 points, whereas a tier 1 tank weighs only 2. Thus the platoon's team a priority has a massive point deficit, which the match-maker will balance out by either dragging more lower tier tanks into the enemy team or by dragging more high tier tanks into the platoon's team. The tactic is frowned upon but permissible. It has become rare these days, likely because the success chances are mediocre. With two tier 1 tanks the team is missing 13.3% of its team that could play a useful role during the battle, whereas the only useful contribution the tier 1 tanks can sneak into the enemy cap.

      The matchmaker does balance the number of tanks in platoons, but not the weight of the platooned tanks. This means one team can have 2 three-man-platoons with T8 tanks, whereas the other team has 3 two-man-platoons with T6 tanks. This rule may not apply, when the server is low populated.

 

Bingo.There's some very interesting information, and in particular, one of the questions I put to the devs about subsets of tiers- there is a distinction between Vehicle Tier and Battle Tier... follow link.


Edited by Perrigrino, 03 January 2019 - 07:56 AM.


Perrigrino #82 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:13 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4921 battles
  • 319
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

also, evidence of previous use of player profiles in Tanks (elsewhere?):

 

Team Battles


BattleMode_Team.png

Introduced in update 9.4, Team Battle mode is "7/54 format". Each team has seven players and is comprised of a maximum of fifty-four total tier points. Minimum tier is tier VI, maximum is tier VIII. Teams consist of either six tier VIII tanks and one tier VI, or five tier VIII and two tier VII tanks. Unique to Team Battles is a two-flag Assault Game mode, with one team defending two separate capture circles. Capture time is accelerated to 120 seconds (up from 100 seconds in standard battles), and the battle time limit is seven minutes.

 
Team Battles mode uses a skill-based matchmaking system based on players' personal ratings. When a team submits to battle, they will enter a matchmaking queue. The matchmaker attempts to assign an opponent of similar rating. If a similarly-rated team can not be found after five minutes, the team is matched to any available team. If no other teams are in the queue, the team will return to the team formation screen. ..
 
In this battle version, players can form their own team by inviting friends or allowing random players to join their company. Team rosters are built using a point system. After forming your team, it will be placed into the Tank Companies Matchmaker. This matchmaker is similar to the 'Random Battle' matchmaker, however, the algorithm used needs at least 4 teams formed to function properly. It is impossible for the matchmaker to create a battle without at least 4 tank companies being ready. Players in a tank company are able to communicate with their teammates using the game's voice chat feature. Each team in a Tank Companies Battle will receive credits and experience in accordance with damage dealt, etc. The winning team, however, will receive a percentage of the losing team's credits and experience, causing the losing team to gain less experience and credits than they would normally expect.
 

Edited by Perrigrino, 03 January 2019 - 03:12 AM.


Perrigrino #83 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:27 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4921 battles
  • 319
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

and, what can and has been done:

Removed Game Modes

Historical Battle


A variant of standard battles using a separate queue to join, released in 9.0. Uses a limited selection of historically-inspired scenarios at a given time that can be changed at will. Notable in that all tanks which participate in a battle are restricted to specific module and ammo setups unique to each tank and normally in line with the configuration which would have been encountered in that engagement. Crew, consumables, camo, and equipment however carry over from whatever configuration of the tank is in the player's garage and do have an effect in battle.

Criticized in its first (9.0) iteration for long queue times, MM balance issues, tank balance issues stemming from using tanks balanced for random battles situations (which tend to make higher-tier historical tanks even more powerful in historical mode), lack of incentive for playing lower-tier tanks in a given lineup, and lack of features separating the mode from normal standard battles once in battle, historical battles is generally considered to have been incomplete at launch. WG has promised to continue development on this mode in the future, including such features as separate stats for HB mode for each tank as well as respawn mechanics and economic incentives for lower-tier tanks which do play.

Historical Battles was removed from World of Tanks for rework and revision in the 9.2 update.


Edited by Perrigrino, 03 January 2019 - 03:11 AM.


Perrigrino #84 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:46 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4921 battles
  • 319
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

more recent,

 

MatchMaker after version 0.9.18Edit

  • After the patch 0.9.18, the matchmaker has been modified due to the introduction of the new tier IX and X light vehicles.
  • It uses a better and easier template. There are three types of matchmaker:
1.Three levels battles: This template manages to create teams with :3 Tanks at the top(top tiers), 5 at the middle and the rest are vehicles equal in tier.
2.Two levels battles: This template manages to create teams with :5 Tanks at the top(top tiers), and the rest at the bottom, featuring vehicles equal in tier.
3.One level battle: Well, you understand what it means :)
  • The matchmaker will try to randomize your position on the team. As if you were at the bottom several times, the MM will put you at the top or at the middle.
  • Same for the maps. Now the maps won't be repeated two times, three times, or even more.
  • Let's take as an example. Panzer VIB Tiger II. Tier VIII, before 0.9.18 and after 0.9.18 .

++Before 0.9.18++

This time, I am at the bottom, random battle, Mines. Next time, I'll be at the bottom too, encounter battle, Mines. Next time, I'll be at the top, random battle, Ensk.

++After 0.9.18++

This time, I am at the bottom, random battle, three levels battle, Mines. Next time, I'll be at the bottom too, encounter battle, two levels battle, Cliff. Next time, I'll be at the top, random battle, one level battle, Ensk.

 

( Categories:

Creating Category:Matchmaker after 0.9.18

Jump to: navigation, search

Edited by Perrigrino, 03 January 2019 - 02:50 AM.


Perrigrino #85 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:57 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4921 battles
  • 319
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

Time to breathe, digest and reflect. Just dumped a lot of info into this thread for the sake of discussion, edification and understanding. Though the primary purpose is to gain a better understanding of HOW Match Maker works in WarPlanes, I have mined info from WoTanks wiki, WG wiki and other places. There are numerous blogs with very controversial statements and info and claims of Rigged MM, and it is there, I just can't copy it here for the obvious reasons. Look for yourselves.

 

And please, Blindfold, Priola, or any of the DEVELOPERS, please jump in and tell us what aspects of the tank MM are actually utilized here in Planes- would hate for players to mythologize more of WOWP MM. It is due to the detail, depth and breadth of the information provided in the Tanks wiki pages, compare to the paucity of information in Planes wiki, that a lot of the misunderstanding, confusion, suspicion etc., arises. It's up to you folks to help us.

 

"an educated consumer is our best customer"- from commercial in 80's, I think? memory is 2nd thing to go as we age... -pz


Edited by Perrigrino, 03 January 2019 - 03:09 AM.


blindfoId #86 Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,061
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

The principles of MM system in WoWp have nothing to do with the MM of WoT and are fully described in the blog article. 

Although you have done a great work and collected interesting information from different resources to keep the discussion going I would kindly ask you not to mislead other forum users with your statements. 



Master_Cylinder #87 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 198 battles
  • 165
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    06-09-2015

here is some food for thought though... ... ...

 

You have gone from a complex MM system in 1.X to an over simplified in 2.X both do not work for this game version.  Sooooooo the thought is to develope something that is at neither end of the spectrum but closer to the center.   Things like the humans stats to ballance the human vs. human aspect.  Ballance the bots so each side has the same amount of good and bad performing bots.  Get rid of the "every battle needs to be 2/3s one tier and let MM make the call as to when a multi tier battle needs to take place.  How many times have I been in a battle where I am the only human, none on the other side, and the battle is two tiers and I am in the lower tier.  

 

Do not make changes like these all at once, The WG way, instead do them one at a time and in a manor that will allow it to be reversed if it did not work out as planned.

 

Just a THOUGHT!!!!



Perrigrino #88 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4921 battles
  • 319
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

View PostblindfoId, on 03 January 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

The principles of MM system in WoWp have nothing to do with the MM of WoT and are fully described in the blog article. 

Although you have done a great work and collected interesting information from different resources to keep the discussion going I would kindly ask you not to mislead other forum users with your statements. 

 

The blog needs work: This is confusing Step 2. The matchmaker starts pulling single players from the queue. Firstly, it balances the class group ratios (?) that appeared after adding flights. For example, if one flight included an attack aircraft and a fighter, while the other two players are piloting two “heavies”, the matchmaker will add a PvP aircraft to team A and a PvE  (many players interpret this to mean something else, especially when talking about C0-op battle mode) aircraft to team B.

 

Step 3. The matchmaker balances the teams using bots based on aircraft tiers and additionally makes their class composition as close as possible. It aims to make team aircraft tier totals equal and make the number of aircraft of each class (not class group anymore!) as close as possible to a desired ratio that we set for each game mode.Statements such as these are confusing, jargon laiden and need clarification.

 

 

 

The principles of MM in WoT have everything to do with WoWP because it shows what is possible and CONCEPTUALY, what can be done. period. STOP.  I have not made a claim anywhere that says since there X in woT therefore it's happening in WoWP, could be but who knows. We the players are told Class n Tiears- that's all. MM. I have also highlighted what happens in other games, and the mindset of people on both sides of the discussion when it comes to probability, games, RNG, MM, even rigged battles- which in no way suggest I am making that claim,  etc.

 

If you could be so kind as to point out where I may have misled, and please do... because, as always, I keep inviting you and the devs to jump in here and gives us more detail. The level of detail for MM in WOT is astonishing, compared to what we get here. These things that I have brought forth are not secret. WoWP Wiki is in desperate need of update-not a secret. Players need more information- the type of information that builds understanding and trust- not a secret.

 

Now, going out on a limb, if you are referring to the highlighted portion under Wot TEAM BATTLE, which states that player profiles are used for MM, - not a secret and this is in no way to suggest that is happening here in Planes, atm.-( is that the source of your comment?) Perhaps it happened in the past, since the has not be an unequivocal statement to the contrary? but I would be surprised if there was any ownership of that claim. I understand unequivocally, unambiguously and absolutely that Profiles are NOT used in the current iteration of MM for WoWP, in any battle mode. How's that? (don't look at the man behind the curtain- just kidding, trying to interject humour to lighten things up)

 

Again, the purpose of sharing this information is simple and has a lot to do with the lack of speicificity and detail provided. Furthermore. as I have mentioned numerous times, a discussion and or information update on the WoWP wiiki page would be excellent starting points. Does not take a trained eye to see the discrepancy in info and detail provided.

 

An open discussion would be a great thing, with the Dev's, Live Stream? what have you. But one thing you will not be able to avoid- the growing frustration of players as Plane devs keep reconfiguring MM and testing it live on the players. Just look above at the track record of Tanks HISTORICAL Battle Mode: "Criticized in its first (9.0) iteration for long queue times, MM balance issues, tank balance issues stemming from using tanks balanced for random battles situations (which tend to make higher-tier historical tanks even more powerful in historical mode), lack of incentive for playing lower-tier tanks in a given lineup, and lack of features separating the mode from normal standard battles once in battle, historical battles is generally considered to have been incomplete at launch."- not my words.

 

  1. Here's a good starting point: why do we keep seeing players launched into lower tiered battles or conversely higher Tiered battles, consecutively, sometimes more than 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, +... in a row? 

Random number generation

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
"...Several computational methods for pseudo-random number generation exist. All fall short of the goal of true randomness, although they may meet, with varying success, some of the statistical tests for randomness intended to measure how unpredictable their results are (that is, to what degree their patterns are discernible)"...
 

and please, would appreciate hearing from developers.

 

​2. What "misleading statements"?

 

 

 


Edited by Perrigrino, 04 January 2019 - 01:10 AM.


Perrigrino #89 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:52 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4921 battles
  • 319
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

 Random.org provides an excellent explanation of RANDOMNESS in all it's many forms as utilized today. Here is a comparison between True random and Psuedo Random generators. Perhaps, Blindfold, this is where you found fault with "misleading statements" made, I think I claimed somewhere that MM uses PRNG? If I'm wrong then please set the record straight:  

 

Comparison of PRNGs and TRNGs

The table below sums up the characteristics of the two types of random number generators.

Characteristic Pseudo-Random Number Generators True Random Number Generators
Efficiency Excellent Poor
Determinism Determinstic Nondeterministic
Periodicity Periodic Aperiodic

These characteristics make TRNGs suitable for roughly the set of applications that PRNGs are unsuitable for, such as data encryption, games and gambling. Conversely, the poor efficiency and nondeterministic nature of TRNGs make them less suitable for simulation and modeling applications, which often require more data than it's feasible to generate with a TRNG. The following table contains a summary of which applications are best served by which type of generator:

Application Most Suitable Generator
Lotteries and Draws TRNG
Games and Gambling TRNG
Random Sampling (e.g., drug screening) TRNG
Simulation and Modelling PRNG
Security (e.g., generation of data encryption keys) TRNG
The Arts

Varies



Captain_Underpants53 #90 Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:19 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18409 battles
  • 2,400
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostPerrigrino, on 03 January 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

 

The blog needs work: This is confusing Step 2. The matchmaker starts pulling single players from the queue. Firstly, it balances the class group ratios (?) that appeared after adding flights. For example, if one flight included an attack aircraft and a fighter, while the other two players are piloting two “heavies”, the matchmaker will add a PvP aircraft to team A and a PvE  (many players interpret this to mean something else, especially when talking about C0-op battle mode) aircraft to team B.

 

Step 3. The matchmaker balances the teams using bots based on aircraft tiers and additionally makes their class composition as close as possible. It aims to make team aircraft tier totals equal and make the number of aircraft of each class (not class group anymore!) as close as possible to a desired ratio that we set for each game mode.Statements such as these are confusing, jargon laiden and need clarification.

 

 

 

The principles of MM in WoT have everything to do with WoWP because it shows what is possible and CONCEPTUALY, what can be done. period. STOP.  I have not made a claim anywhere that says since there X in woT therefore it's happening in WoWP, could be but who knows. We the players are told Class n Tiears- that's all. MM. I have also highlighted what happens in other games, and the mindset of people on both sides of the discussion when it comes to probability, games, RNG, MM, even rigged battles- which in no way suggest I am making that claim,  etc.

 

If you could be so kind as to point out where I may have misled, and please do... because, as always, I keep inviting you and the devs to jump in here and gives us more detail. The level of detail for MM in WOT is astonishing, compared to what we get here. These things that I have brought forth are not secret. WoWP Wiki is in desperate need of update-not a secret. Players need more information- the type of information that builds understanding and trust- not a secret.

 

Now, going out on a limb, if you are referring to the highlighted portion under Wot TEAM BATTLE, which states that player profiles are used for MM, - not a secret and this is in no way to suggest that is happening here in Planes, atm.-( is that the source of your comment?) Perhaps it happened in the past, since the has not be an unequivocal statement to the contrary? but I would be surprised if there was any ownership of that claim. I understand unequivocally, unambiguously and absolutely that Profiles are NOT used in the current iteration of MM for WoWP, in any battle mode. How's that? (don't look at the man behind the curtain- just kidding, trying to interject humour to lighten things up)

 

Again, the purpose of sharing this information is simple and has a lot to do with the lack of speicificity and detail provided. Furthermore. as I have mentioned numerous times, a discussion and or information update on the WoWP wiiki page would be excellent starting points. Does not take a trained eye to see the discrepancy in info and detail provided.

 

An open discussion would be a great thing, with the Dev's, Live Stream? what have you. But one thing you will not be able to avoid- the growing frustration of players as Plane devs keep reconfiguring MM and testing it live on the players. Just look above at the track record of Tanks HISTORICAL Battle Mode: "Criticized in its first (9.0) iteration for long queue times, MM balance issues, tank balance issues stemming from using tanks balanced for random battles situations (which tend to make higher-tier historical tanks even more powerful in historical mode), lack of incentive for playing lower-tier tanks in a given lineup, and lack of features separating the mode from normal standard battles once in battle, historical battles is generally considered to have been incomplete at launch."- not my words.

 

  1. Here's a good starting point: why do we keep seeing players launched into lower tiered battles or conversely higher Tiered battles, consecutively, sometimes more than 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, +... in a row? 

Random number generation

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
"...Several computational methods for pseudo-random number generation exist. All fall short of the goal of true randomness, although they may meet, with varying success, some of the statistical tests for randomness intended to measure how unpredictable their results are (that is, to what degree their patterns are discernible)"...
 

and please, would appreciate hearing from developers.

 

​2. What "misleading statements"?

 

 

 

 

When a group of people, let's call them 'players', are kept in the dark about how something works, it is human nature to seek answers elsewhere.  Since WoT provides actual concrete information about their MM workings, it would be unusual NOT to study it.    :medal:

 

On a side note,I notice the CM has taken a more hostile and combative tone lately.     Why?  :amazed:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Master_Cylinder #91 Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 198 battles
  • 165
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    06-09-2015
you are my hero Pants!!!!!

Captain_Underpants53 #92 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:48 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18409 battles
  • 2,400
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 04 January 2019 - 04:33 AM, said:

you are my hero Pants!!!!!

 

Uh oh    :hiding:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Perrigrino #93 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4921 battles
  • 319
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013
  • and for some reason keep coming back to this ( from MatchMaker after version 0.9.18Edit ) 
  •  
  • There are three types of matchmaker:
1.Three levels battles: This template manages to create teams with :3 Tanks at the top(top tiers), 5 at the middle and the rest are vehicles equal in tier.
2.Two levels battles: This template manages to create teams with :5 Tanks at the top(top tiers), and the rest at the bottom, featuring vehicles equal in tier.
3.One level battle: Well, you understand what it means 

 

Perhaps#2 wowp is based on TEMPLATE #2 and /or #3 ? Or at least seems the closest. A confirmation or statement to the contrary would be nice. Interesting to note that here can be more than 1 MM at a time... hmmm, Again the jargon is getting in the way. Are levels being used synonymously with Tiers? or, and more likely, Is the spread between tiers referred to as levels? or is there something else?


Edited by Perrigrino, 04 January 2019 - 12:26 PM.


HoujuuNue #94 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:13 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 7661 battles
  • 65
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE
  • Member since:
    02-24-2012

Block Quote

 make the number of aircraft of each class (not class group anymore!) as close as possible to a desired ratio 

that we set for each game mode.

For Conquest mode this ratio is:

  • 2 fighters;
  • 5 multirole fighters;
  • 2 heavy fighters;
  • 2 attack aircraft;
  • 1 bomber.

 

Matchmaker does a poor job following its own rules sometimes.

 

From one of my battles on Dec 23 with 8 players per team

 

Team 1: 3 LF, 3 MRF, 3 HF, 2 GAA, 1 Bomber (Bots: 2 MRF, 2 GAA)

Team 2: 6 LF, 3 MRF, 0 HF, 2 GAA, 1 Bomber (Bots: 2 MRF, 1 GAA, 1 Bomber)

 

From what I can see, no attempt was made to trade the player LFs and HFs to balance the teams.



trikke #95 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2976 battles
  • 2,779
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

frankly, i glossed over it...  sorry, brother P!

 

if it doesn't directly apply to wowp, then it's just too much for me to take in

 

btw, how are tankers able to get so much info, but we cannot get the same granular info in wowp?


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

blindfoId #96 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,061
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

The ratio is desired and the MM aims to get to this ratio as close as possible (that how it works and is written in the article) but it may fail to do so. Please understand, I don't say that MM system is ideal. Not at all. It needs work and it is being looked into constantly. The article describes how it works at the current moment, and it is not perfect system but it is explained as plain and clear as possible and reflects the reality of its principles. 

 

I also do face some frustrating matches with seemingly unfair set ups but it doesn't mean there's some hidden mechanics or predetermined outcomes. Explanation was requested by our community and was given. I perfectly know that I cannot reassure or convince you or make you believe in the explanations but I'm still trying. It's wrong to say that we do not give an answer. The answer was given in the article and it is purely your choice either to believe in it or not.

 

For example, one of my last matches ended up like this:

Spoiler

 

Was I satisfied? Clearly not. But it happens to all of us :unsure: 

 

Again, the MM needs adjustments. Still the principles of its work was described in details and there's nothing over them - hidden or implied. 



GonerNL #97 Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 891 battles
  • 1,027
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostblindfoId, on 04 January 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Was I satisfied? Clearly not. But it happens to all of us :unsure: 

 

 

 

Well, at least it was pretty close ... and even the pilot scores aren't too far apart. 

I might not be satisfied as #1, but I could live with it.

What I see a lot (really a lot) lately is 60-800 or 0-400 scores (winning and losing) where the individual scores are miles apart !!  Where the top 5 players on one side outscore everybody on the other team with double numbers !!

 


Flying on NA and EU servers

Captain_Underpants53 #98 Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18409 battles
  • 2,400
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostblindfoId, on 04 January 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

The ratio is desired and the MM aims to get to this ratio as close as possible (that how it works and is written in the article) but it may fail to do so. Please understand, I don't say that MM system is ideal. Not at all. It needs work and it is being looked into constantly. The article describes how it works at the current moment, and it is not perfect system but it is explained as plain and clear as possible and reflects the reality of its principles. 

 

I also do face some frustrating matches with seemingly unfair set ups but it doesn't mean there's some hidden mechanics or predetermined outcomes. Explanation was requested by our community and was given. I perfectly know that I cannot reassure or convince you or make you believe in the explanations but I'm still trying. It's wrong to say that we do not give an answer. The answer was given in the article and it is purely your choice either to believe in it or not.

 

For example, one of my last matches ended up like this:

Spoiler

 

Was I satisfied? Clearly not. But it happens to all of us :unsure: 

 

Again, the MM needs adjustments. Still the principles of its work was described in details and there's nothing over them - hidden or implied. 

 

Right off the bat I noticed your side had NO bombers while the other side had TWO players in bombers who seemingly dominated.  I thought the MM tried to match plane classes?  Was this one just

a swing and a miss?

 

:unsure:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GonerNL #99 Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 891 battles
  • 1,027
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 04 January 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Was this one just

a swing and a miss?

 

Nope, happens all the time.

The other side then gets an extra GA or a heavy ... but indeed, why not give each side a bomber ?


Flying on NA and EU servers

StoptheViolins #100 Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2167 battles
  • 1,212
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostblindfoId, on 04 January 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

The ratio is desired and the MM aims to get to this ratio as close as possible (that how it works and is written in the article) but it may fail to do so. Please understand, I don't say that MM system is ideal. Not at all. It needs work and it is being looked into constantly. The article describes how it works at the current moment, and it is not perfect system but it is explained as plain and clear as possible and reflects the reality of its principles. 

 

I also do face some frustrating matches with seemingly unfair set ups but it doesn't mean there's some hidden mechanics or predetermined outcomes. Explanation was requested by our community and was given. I perfectly know that I cannot reassure or convince you or make you believe in the explanations but I'm still trying. It's wrong to say that we do not give an answer. The answer was given in the article and it is purely your choice either to believe in it or not.

 

For example, one of my last matches ended up like this:

Spoiler

 

Was I satisfied? Clearly not. But it happens to all of us :unsure: 

 

Again, the MM needs adjustments. Still the principles of its work was described in details and there's nothing over them - hidden or implied. 

 

Yes it does.  With specialization plane performance can vary greatly vs stock planes. For instance it's possible to gear out a specialized Ki-43-I to over 100 maneuverability.  It'll be almost a clay pigeon but you can do it. With the near zero energy bleed for fighters in-game the 100+ maneuverability makes a huge impact over a stock Ki-43.  Of course there is the Spits...

 

 







Also tagged with MM, Match Maker, Devs, Patent

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users