How do I earn tokens to get my first bomber?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Aussie_Mr_Comfy #1 Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:24 PM

Airman Basic

• 67 battles

Hi guys been playing off and on for a few weeks and for the life of me cant get past 4 tokens and want to try a bomber while slowly earning enough things to get to my dream of an F4U Corsair.. How do you get a bomber or progress past where i am at? I cant find a pic of what is what on the screen and dont know alot but trying hard. Have good stats and getting withn the top three etc.. 

Please help!!!

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Aussie_Mr_Comfy, 03 December 2018 - 12:25 PM.

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3135 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Heya, nice to see some new blood.

Unfortunately, the bomber missions are over so you'll have to earn the American Heavies the old fashioned way - by grinding. 

To get past where you are, you just need to keep flying, keep playing and hitting those x2 Experience modifiers where possible. 

Beyond that, it might help to let us know exactly what areas you need help with. Right now you're a little vague in what kind of help you need. You don't need tokens to progress up a tech tree.

If you REALLY want to try a bomber, they're selling the tier III Blennie as a package in the premium shop at about 50% discount right now. Its a nice little plane and not particularly expensive so you can try that.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

trikke #3 Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 03 December 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

Heya, nice to see some new blood.

If you REALLY want to try a bomber, they're selling the tier III Blennie as a package in the premium shop at about 50% discount right now. Its a nice little plane and not particularly expensive so you can try that.

and the same welcome from me!     

look in the premium planes section wowp website and grab the tier 3 Blenheim, it's a great introduction to bombers and it's on sale for less than $4 USD

sale prices change and sales on particular planes disappear, so check the availability dates

fly it high and press the space bar when the bombsite is perfectly over your targets while flying level, then use the A and D keys to rudder over toward your next target

while you're reloading your bombs, jink and jive all around to throw off fire from the AA guns

enjoy!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14434 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Posttrikke, on 03 December 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

and the same welcome from me!     

look in the premium planes section wowp website and grab the tier 3 Blenheim, it's a great introduction to bombers and it's on sale for less than $4 USD

sale prices change and sales on particular planes disappear, so check the availability dates

fly it high and press the space bar when the bombsite is perfectly over your targets while flying level, then use the A and D keys to rudder over toward your next target

while you're reloading your bombs, jink and jive all around to throw off fire from the AA guns

enjoy!

I too welcome you and endorse that Blenny.  Money maker for sure.  But fly it high?  What kind of fun is that?  Live a little (and die a lot)  trikke!

:playing:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #5 Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i'm already enough of a bullet magnet, but flak does seem to have been reduced up high

and it takes a really determined fool fellow to reach high enough up to a specced Blennie

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SlappedbyRommel #6 Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2020 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
The AR 2 is becoming a favorite bomber at T4 it is fast and hits very hard starting to get it down pack you may want to look at his bomber. Using it to get the B32 missions done currently I don't play hours on end but it gets me there to my end goal.

Dru83 #7 Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2673 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Like Spirit said, it's difficult from your post to know exactly what kind of help you need. You mentioned bombers. You can work your way through the tech tree to get German or Russian bombers right now. It would be fairly quick to fly the I-5 to get xp to get the Tsh-2 and then fly that to get xp to get the first Russian bomber, the SB. Or as suggested, you could use real money to buy the Blenheim bomber. It is a fairly easy plane to fly and be successful with.

It is hard for a beginner to earn tokens. You need to have a tier 4 aircraft or higher to earn tokens for getting the first medal of the day. You need to have aircraft in low, mid, and high tiers to earn tokens from the daily missions.

It looks like you have gotten a good start down the American multi-role line. You should be able to fly the F3F a few times to earn xp to upgrade and then unlock the tier four Buffalo fairly quickly. Be advised that after the F3F, the planes in the Corsair line are fast with high hit points, but do not turn well, so they are harder for beginners to fly. I hate to sound like a broken record, but the British fighter line that leads to the Spitfires is a good place for new players to learn the game. The planes in the Spitfire line have ok hit points, alright speed, and can turn very well, which makes them easy to use.

comtedumas #8 Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5854 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 03 December 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

I too welcome you and endorse that Blenny.  Money maker for sure.  But fly it high?  What kind of fun is that?  Live a little (and die a lot)  trikke!

:playing:

I agree on the Blenny, its like $3.00 in the premium shop, and its a terrific trainer.  well worth double that.  

blindfoId #9 Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:42 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostAussie_Mr_Comfy, on 03 December 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Hi guys been playing off and on for a few weeks and for the life of me cant get past 4 tokens and want to try a bomber while slowly earning enough things to get to my dream of an F4U Corsair.. How do you get a bomber or progress past where i am at? I cant find a pic of what is what on the screen and dont know alot but trying hard. Have good stats and getting withn the top three etc.. 

Please help!!!

Hi and welcome!

There are some decent tips over here. I am sure that more experienced pilots will be happy to help you and answer your questions like they do here. And of course, I am here for you as well.

Good hunting! :honoring:

GonerNL #10 Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:18 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 800 battles

Noticed that you only researched the USA tree.

If you want an American bomber you should research the P-26, P-35 branch as at tier V (XP-44) the new B-17's will start to 'grow'.

Faster way to a bomber is the Soviet SB already at tier III, you only need to research the Tsh-2 and then SB.

https://worldofwarpl...anes/ussr/tree/

Flying on EU and NA server

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users