"i'm taking my plane and going home..."

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

blindfoId #21 Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:11 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 03 December 2018 - 04:13 AM, said:

That's ridiculous.  If you sign up to battle you should battle hard to the end.  Otherwise don't queue for battle.  It's like signing up for a canoe race and jumping out of the boat halfway through so everyone else has to row harder.  

Thumbs up! I personally always try to do my best even if it is sometimes frustrating. I consider penalties to be quite a decent suggestions :hiding:

Chuck_norris10 #22 Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:05 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 490 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostblindfoId, on 03 December 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

Thumbs up! I personally always try to do my best even if it is sometimes frustrating. I consider penalties to be quite a decent suggestions :hiding:

The thing is your poor connectivity boots a lot of us out before we even get into battle(black screen) and sometimes by the time you get back in you have been killed a few times so you dont get to participate at all. Folks have been mentioning this for weeks so penalizing the guy because of a WG problem really isnt fair.

trikke #23 Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i'll bet there's a game mechanism that tells WG who voluntarily exits out of the battle 

but not a way to tell who just reset their router

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

nwlxn12 #24 Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

Lets see, reasons to quit, or choose not to re-spawn:

1.  Enemy team captures two or three sectors while all your bots do is die in the sector you are capturing = predetermined loss.

2.  Specialized bomber on the enemy team with only bots to counter it on your team = predetermined loss.

3.  Enemy team's bots are somewhat coordinated while yours are spread all over the map = predetermined loss.

4.  Bomber squadron for your team can't flip a zone, while enemies squadron flips one in one pass = probable loss.

Realistically a majority of these matches are predictable and those points above are just some that tell you how the match will end.  Sure you can argue that your team, as inept as it has been, could possibly kill all the enemy planes, but that happens so rarely (not counting the matches that your team would have won on supremacy anyway) so it isn't worth even trying for.

One thing WG removed from the game when they went to 2.0 was one persons ability to control a map (not including specialized bombers now).  Now all you do for the most part is contribute to how the team does, if the team starts our winning or losing, odds are you will continue to do that till the end of the match.  I do see teams turn things around sometimes, but mostly this is not the case.

If / when I play this game now, my philosophy is "bots decide most matches so I just go in to shoot stuff and not even try to win"

Put me down or complain about my bad attitude or not...but I didn't have this attitude pre 2.0.  WG has a lot of work to do on WoWP and they just are not doing it.  I barely play anymore and get more frustrated with the game every time I do.  Odds are, most those people who are quitting matches are one step away from quitting the game and you won't have to worry about them much longer.

comtedumas #25 Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5854 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostTaliBandaid, on 02 December 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

WTH. Seeing this in almost every match... two to three pilots dropping out of the match, especially if things aren't going their way. Some of them are pilots I know and respect too. Why can't wargaming apply the same penalty system as they do in WoT? You drop out of too many battles you get a little suspension. In all seriousness, what's the difference in getting a little enforced sportsmanship; these players aren't in the match participating anyway? plus they stop being a detriment to the team.

My guess is those pilots "couldn't hang with a noose"...…

hazmatman #26 Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:27 AM

Senior Airman

• 199 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 03 December 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

That's ridiculous.  If you sign up to battle you should battle hard to the end.  Otherwise don't queue for battle.  It's like signing up for a canoe race and jumping out of the boat halfway through so everyone else has to row harder.  That's being a Jerk. Honor your commitments.

Except that some elements of the game rewards people for jumping out of the boat (the battle) halfway through, when there components of missions and campaigns - which are individual, the team exists only for the duration of the match - thus if a player sees these goals unlikely to be met in the current match with the current team, as long as the players possesses sufficient resources (other  planes, pilots, credits), the very structure of the game incentivizes a player who wishes to maximize their time towards achieving certain goals to “jump out” of your team boat and ask the matchmaker for another team.

I agree I would prefer players commit to this randomly assembled faceless team and fight until victory (or defeat) but the very artificialities of the game that make the learning and playing curve less steep along with these individualized incentives mean people are far less likely to be committed to a team goal than a single player goal. We see this all the time in MMO games. And the more mission and campaign goals that come with each new event not linked specifically to a team achievement or victory, the more likely players may be to act individually.

its simple psychology. Many of us view this as a team game, because you have to be placed into a team matrix in order to play, but other than victory, few of the matrices of the game are viewed as team indices.

Not saying you’re wrong to feel the way you do, but that’s the nature of this environment.

Edited by hazmatman, 04 December 2018 - 05:28 AM.

sandtiger #27 Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 13532 battles

i been dropping people left and right of late

and i seem to  happen more when your in a flight just one more bug for the pile

and there may be many other reason why people bail  there probable try to get there Oder done before the  the time runs out

Xr901 #28 Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4223 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posttrikke, on 03 December 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

i'll bet there's a game mechanism that tells WG who voluntarily exits out of the battle 

but not a way to tell who just reset their router

There is a way for them to tell, whether it's been implemented in this title or not I'm not sure. In WoT it asks you again if you're sure you want to "desert". If you leave too many times within a set period you can be banned. Though because there are no respawns people (especially piggies) suicide and return to the garage. I have to say, increasing the penalties for repeatedly leaving the battle part way though  isn't the worst idea I've heard, even with my personal matchmaking fail of the day fresh in my mind... flight of t9 specialized fighters, a specialized pancake, and an IL-40 against 4 t8 light fighters... :facepalm: (I'd still like some bug fixes first though...) 

Azis_ #29 Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 470 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostblindfoId, on 03 December 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

Just curious and not trying to seek out any other identity, but, do you play under a different call sign? Just asking is all don't go all Admin on me :hiding:

Battle count of 7...?   :child:

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

blindfoId #30 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:29 AM

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostAzis_, on 06 December 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

Just curious and not trying to seek out any other identity, but, do you play under a different call sign? Just asking is all don't go all Admin on me :hiding:

Battle count of 7...?   :child:

I play on CIS server because of... you know, ping :unsure:

GonerNL #31 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:44 AM

• 800 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 06 December 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

I play on CIS server because of... you know, ping :unsure:

Of course. That is why I do not play there ;-)

NA server is actually quite good from EU.

But do you ever play EU or NA ?? Because I guess because of player number you get different battles there (because of MM). So you understand what we are complaining about ...

Flying on EU and NA server

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users