• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ThatOddMan #1 Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:39 AM

Airman Basic

• 57 battles
  • J4M Senden
  • J8M Shusui
  • A6M3-30

I just want to use my 40 percent off coupon since I rarely get that high value of a coupon.

I already have the Ki-88.

:honoring:

Reitousair #2 Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:27 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10980 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Well, for your 40% coupon the A6M3-30 (aka A6M3 (experimental)/A6M3 (exp.)) will not apply since that coupon is limited to tier 7/8 aircraft however I'll still review it in case you want to buy it later.

A6M3-30: Your classic turn and burn fighter but with a twist, it gets twin 30mm cannons! This aircraft barely loses out in the maneuvering department to its counterpart, however it is notable that it does not improve over the A6M2 in any noticeable way besides firepower, and in fact may be slightly worse in almost all cases. The 30mm cannons overheat extremely fast but with some luck can have you win head-ons against HF's which can be absolutely hilarious. But as a general rule of thumb, know what's around you because you'll get shot down in mere seconds by anything that gets the jump on you. This is a very good plane for random battles but gets crumpled up and thrown into the trash can against more experienced pilots in faster planes, so be careful out there.

J4M: This is a very competitive MRF (Multirole Fighter) for its tier. It's insanely fast, in fact faster than every HF (Heavy Fighter) in its tier bar the Hornet. The firepower is excellent, hard-hitting, decent range, and can fire for enough time to kill most aircraft you will see. 12s turn time and low-altitude forces you into a very specific fighting style known as "Horizontal Boom n' Zoom" in which you have to carry your immense speed as you attack people and run away before they have any hope of retaliating, not much climbing or diving to get away, just raw speed. Horizontal BnZ is extremely hard to perform and thus cannot be recommended to new players. I would consider buying this as a future investment; a hangar decoration until you learn the game more as you need to be an experienced pilot to handle it. Oh and if you do fly it, NEVER fly above 2km's. The altitude is low, but the J4M's engine will lose nearly a third of its power by the time you reach 2km's which combined with your turn time and high stall-speed make you an extremely easy target. 

Side note: I run a speed build on this thing and I can have it fly at 830 KPH which is faster than most tier 8 planes.

J8M/Ki-200: This aircraft is widely considered one of, if not the hardest aircraft in the game to fly. I only know of four pilots in the entire NA server who can do well in it (one of them is me, if I'm allowed to boast a bit,) and less than five more who can pull average games out of it. So, at most that is 8 pilots in all of the NA server who can really be considered capable of handling it. There is good reason for this, it has some of the most extreme characteristics of any aircraft in the entire game. You are THE fastest plane in tier 8, however you are also saddled with a 14.4s turn time which means even Me 262's can try to dogfight you and stand a reasonable chance of winning. You have the altitude of a tier 10 HF, and the J8M is barely affected by altitude at all until it hits maximum ceiling, nothing can escape from you vertically. You have the lowest health pool in all of tier 8, even tier 5's have more health than you; J8M is extremely prone to critical damage to add to the poor survivability. You have only two guns that hit extremely hard, but have a low RoF, and you only get 5-6 shots before they overheat without great trigger discipline, not to mention you will likely be flying at extremely high speeds which paired with your terrible maneuverability make it very hard to keep up with people maneuvering. A master of this aircraft is terrifying in their ability to assassinate enemy targets with little to no chance of escaping their wrath, but it's so hard to use that very, very few can show its true power. DO NOT BUY THIS PLANE: THIS IS ONLY FOR THE MOST DEDICATED AND/OR EXPERIENCED PILOTS. Though it is fairly cute, so if you want hangar art this isn't a terrible choice.

Hope this helps you a bit with your purchase, and do feel free to ask further about these planes, I have quite a bit of experience with the J4M and J8M myself and have all three of the planes you're looking at specialized.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

GonerNL #3 Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1111 battles

Mmm, I still have a 40% coupon .... that J4M sounds interesting. Aren't they the heavy ADA on tier 6 or 7 ?

Also got the Ki-88 with a 70% coupon and it performs better than I would have thought ...

Mmmm, speed is not THAT great ; Hornet, F7F and 109Z are faster ... but less maneuverable.

Edited by GonerNL, 29 November 2018 - 12:08 PM.

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

J311yfish #4 Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2716 battles
  • [343] 343

View PostReitousair, on 29 November 2018 - 02:27 AM, said:

J8M/Ki-200:  DO NOT BUY THIS PLANE: THIS IS ONLY FOR THE MOST DEDICATED AND/OR EXPERIENCED PILOTS. Though it is fairly cute, so if you want hangar art this isn't a terrible choice.

One thing to consider is how your pilots are configured for existing aircraft, and whether or not that is ideal for the new aircraft.  If you get J8M, for example, you may want to have a dedicated pilot configured differently -- and trying to level that pilot on J8M, given the difficulty in getting full kills, can be very time consuming.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4924 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostGonerNL, on 29 November 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Mmm, I still have a 40% coupon .... that J4M sounds interesting. Aren't they the heavy ADA on tier 6 or 7 ?

Also got the Ki-88 with a 70% coupon and it performs better than I would have thought ...

Mmmm, speed is not THAT great ; Hornet, F7F and 109Z are faster ... but less maneuverable.

Yes - J4M is the heavy ADA around tier 7 - 8. Its actually a really good plane for its tier and the only reason I don't play it more is because I have my Dora at tier 7 and no well-trained Japanese pilots.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

GonerNL #6 Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1111 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 29 November 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

because I have my Dora at tier 7 and no well-trained Japanese pilots.

Also have the Dora, but the J4M is faster and more maneuverable at same altitude ... and I have some trained Japanese pilots in tier VI - VIII fighters that I don't fly a lot.

Ah, and it's a premium ! So I don't have to retrain the pilot !

Reitousair #7 Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:19 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10980 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostGonerNL, on 29 November 2018 - 04:22 AM, said:

Hornet no ordinance: 760 KPH

Hornet using only bombs: 740 KPH

Hornet using only rockets: 735 KPH

Hornet using full load: 715 KPH

Bf-109 Z with no outboard guns or ordinance: 730 KPH

Bf-109 Z with outboard guns only: 720 KPH

F7F with no ordinance: 720 KPH

F7F with bomb only: 710 KPH

F7F with rockets only: 695 KPH

F7F with full load: 685 KPH

J4M with no ordinance: 750 KPH 

J4M with bombs: 730 KPH (and it can fly at these speeds pretty well to boot if you know how to control it, I very rarely go below 650KPH myself)

Might wanna check the stats before saying that, just saying.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Cenotaph #8 Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostGonerNL, on 29 November 2018 - 03:22 AM, said

Feelings are not facts...

And the facts don't back you up here.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

GonerNL #9 Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1111 battles
Well,  I used the 'aircraft compare' page on the 4 planes and J4M has lowest 'airspeed' ... so excuse me for being misinformed.

J311yfish #10 Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2716 battles
  • [343] 343

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users