ui glitch flight

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Mercsn #1 Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:35 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

So, I recently came back to give the new bombers and equipment setup a look-see.  But, I've run into a glitch that I'd never encountered before.  It primarily happens when in a flight, but I think has happened once or twice solo (much more rare solo).  The ui will glitch out.  The results are inconsistent from occurrence to occurrence, but can include: 

-dead enemy planes show empty hp bars and the plane graphic persists (sometimes still floating around and sometimes crashed on the ground) and these "dead" planes still show up on the minimap

-air defense bots will lose their nametags and hp bar (it's like playing WT on sim, no identifier on the ada bots)

-teamates will lose their nametags and hp bars

-enemy planes will become invisible but will have nametags and hp bars

-text from other players is not relayed to my client (ie, I can type and others can see it, but I can't see my own text)

-respawning on an airbase in a different aircraft will result in mixed items from both the current and previously selected aircraft (ie swith from a plane with 6 wing mgs to a plane with nose mg and I see graphics of wing mg fire while flying the nose mg plane)

-gunsight reticle will disappear

-gunsight reticle will be offcenter

-all match info ceases at the state it was in when the glitch occured (player scoreboard "tab key" nor the match score update).  Sectors will show when changing hands, but the sectors do not show capture progress (ie, only full red or full blue).

There's probably a few more pieces that can occur when this glitch happens.  There is at least 2 or more things on this list occuring when the glitch occurs, but which several is random.  The only constants are the team chat not being visible and the match info not updating. 

If anyone has any idea what's causing this or any fix or work-around, thanks for the answer and help.  It makes playing in a flight super annoying and working as a team with another human is one of the few things I actually enjoy about this game which is sadly lacking in teamwork due to so many "player bot" fill-ins. 

Also, I had been running the mod "who's the bots" http://forum.worldof...os-the-ai-bots/ by Krautjaeger, but removed it to see if me having it and the guy I was flying with not having it. But, that didn't solve the issue.  Also, as a side note, one player I flew with was unable to get that mod to activate even when installed correctly into the res_mods folder.  I'm wondering if that player may have had another game client issue (that prevented the mod from activating) that may have interfered with the clients in the flight being in sync (but, I don't see what difference flight client sync would have compared to team sync -the problem didn't happen with or without the mod when solo).

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Reitousair #2 Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:01 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10731 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

This has been around since... ohhh... 2.0.5 released?

There is no known fix or workaround besides Alt + F4'ing out and logging back in. I believe it's caused from the game not sending/receiving messages correctly (usually while loading something else) which stops the UI from receiving updates as well... maybe the request to send/receive that message is gunking up your packet-transfer to update the UI? Since text chat is part of the UI layer, so perhaps that's it.

The only preventative measure is to turn off in-game chat entirely since it can bug out from sending or receiving messages (particularly so from flight chat.) Alternatively, use voice chat if possible (community Discord is a great place to go, just sayin') so you can keep on flying, albeit with a UI that fails to update.

Edited by Reitousair, 27 November 2018 - 10:07 PM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

trikke #3 Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:25 PM

Captain

• 3512 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i've seen invisible planes with hp bars a couple times a week, and dead planes still showing on the mini-map every day...

but none of those other ui glitches, thank goodness 

i noticed a particularly troublesome mini-map glitch for the first time today: 

my long-suffering flight partner was moving around in a distant cap when i first brought up the mini-map, then i released the Tab key

i immediately hit the tab key again, to look for someone i was headhunting i wanted to say howdy to...  SFMY was across the map in the same cap that i was in, two seconds later

i think the mini-map needs to be updating much more often...  that could be one reason why we're not seeing red planes in our same cap flipping that cap

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Bobby_Tables #4 Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7886 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Posttrikke, on 27 November 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

i think the mini-map needs to be updating much more often...  that could be one reason why we're not seeing red planes in our same cap flipping that cap

To H E Double Hockey Sticks with your damnable logic, sir !  WG has it in for us.  Haven't you been keeping up to date with the forums?   

Mercsn #5 Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:43 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostReitousair, on 27 November 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

This has been around since... ohhh... 2.0.5 released?

There is no known fix or workaround besides Alt + F4'ing out and logging back in. I believe it's caused from the game not sending/receiving messages correctly (usually while loading something else) which stops the UI from receiving updates as well... maybe the request to send/receive that message is gunking up your packet-transfer to update the UI? Since text chat is part of the UI layer, so perhaps that's it.

The only preventative measure is to turn off in-game chat entirely since it can bug out from sending or receiving messages (particularly so from flight chat.) Alternatively, use voice chat if possible (community Discord is a great place to go, just sayin') so you can keep on flying, albeit with a UI that fails to update.

Thanks, I'll look for the option to turn off game chat if I'm in a flight and see if that helps.  Why are russian developers so lazy?  They refuse to fix long standing bugs while adding other features that are superfluous.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Also tagged with ui, glitch, flight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users