create all players versus bots

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

madeskimo #1 Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:13 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 448 battles
 need to have all player team versus bots so don't have the wait times or not being able to play tier aircraft when not enough players  to fill teams. when your on all bot team and other  team has more players is all one sided battle.

Cenotaph #2 Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Currently, after around 2 minutes the game will already create an all bot enemy team... not sure what you're askin' for here...
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Sassover #3 Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

View Postmadeskimo, on 24 November 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

need to have all player team versus bots so don't have the wait times or not being able to play tier aircraft when not enough players  to fill teams. when your on all bot team and other  team has more players is all one sided battle.

Yes, I love this idea. the game would be dead in a month...if that.

Time to put this thing out of it's misery. They pulled the plug on Total War Arena...so anything is now possible.

SenatorTH #4 Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2935 battles

View PostSassover, on 25 November 2018 - 12:26 AM, said:

How do you imagine being double dead??

_A_3_ #5 Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postmadeskimo, on 25 November 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

Used to be three game modes and one of them was players versus bots.

The current dev team isn't smart enough to draw in players like the old devs could so they combined game modes.

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5222 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostSassover, on 24 November 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

Time to put this thing out of it's misery. They pulled the plug on Total War Arena...so anything is now possible.

Total War Arena was not part of the WG trilogy, this game is.  The loss of face for pulling WOWP out of the trilogy is not something WG is willing to put up with at this time.

If it was, they would have pulled the plug long ago.  I expect this game to limp along as long as WOTs continues.  Once that title fails, it's over.   

Just my opinion, but so far, they've kept this thing on life support and I think they will keep it there until the whole thing folds.   

_A_3_ #7 Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBobby_Tables, on 25 November 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

Total War Arena was not part of the WG trilogy, this game is.  The loss of face for pulling WOWP out of the trilogy is not something WG is willing to put up with at this time.

If it was, they would have pulled the plug long ago.  I expect this game to limp along as long as WOTs continues.  Once that title fails, it's over.   

Just my opinion, but so far, they've kept this thing on life support and I think they will keep it there until the whole thing folds.   

Or replaced with this

https://thearmoredpa...eaked-pictures/

trikke #8 Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2804 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Post_A_3_, on 25 November 2018 - 02:44 AM, said:

Or replaced with this

https://thearmoredpa...eaked-pictures/

that's from 2015

this was from today

now we know where the out-of-work Arena coders are headed

best of luck to ya, WG...  but nope

Edited by trikke, 25 November 2018 - 11:27 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #9 Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

What objective justifications are there that any MOBA has to be an all or nothing PvP environment.

Such a change might potentially solve a few of the issues the title has;

- Size of the (would/should be larger) AI team could be adjusted based on number of humans per blue lineup, as the amount of ADA per map is already fixed based on type of capture points.

- Skill level (& type) of the AI team per aircraft allotted could be better adjusted based on the win rate/some other WG chosen performance figure of the humans & flights in their respective aircraft per blue lineup.

- Might allow for a variety of difficulties, such as that used for titles like Armored Warfare with some map (or configuration) restrictions per choice; Easy, tier 1 to 6 : Challenging, tier 3 to 8 : Hardcore, tier 5 to 10.

- Training Room (or another in game venue added by the devs) would continue to be available for those who wanted a full on self-balanced PvP contest.

All humans versus AI already occurs during many 2.0 events, especially ones like Axis & Allies where the Axis side has only a small selection of nations, with some of those having a limited overall pool of aircraft.

Such a mode change could be made every bit as challenging as what the playerbase has to put up with now, but would most of them accept it?

Probably not, even for the NA server. and of course, Russian publisher/developer, so PvP it has to be no matter how few bother playing it and how much the company touts "teamwork-oriented" gameplay.

As illustrated recently by the following - PvP trumps everything, and WG doesn't want our ping affecting their primary playerbase on a merged global server:

View PostblindfoId, on 08 November 2018 - 05:55 AM, said:

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 05 November 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

So are we no longer banned from playing the CIS (RU) region because we are based in the NA region? If that is the case we can play there as they can play here. OP why not make one region for all of WoWP? It would boost your player population. Or another suggestion is to play all humans as a team versus bots like they do in WoWS scenarios, eliminate the PVP until the player population gets bigger. What about those suggestions?

As far as I know NA players are not banned from playing on the CIS server (as long as your account have not been banned directly) but I don't think that the game will be comfortable enough because ping 

One region server will be quite inconvenient for most players, again, because of ping. Merging servers is technically possible though complicated process but it will require to use one server located somewhere physically and that will affect players ping. As you now, the closer you are (geographically) to the server the better your ping is. 

We do have PvE matches at the moment. Eliminating the PvP on the whole and getting stick to only PvE matches is not an option.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 26 November 2018 - 04:29 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

hazmatman #10 Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:42 PM

Senior Airman

• 199 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostCenotaph, on 25 November 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

Currently, after around 2 minutes the game will already create an all bot enemy team... not sure what you're askin' for here...

I think he's implying that when the matchmaker cannot fill a roster with human players, it splits them up - and he is also inferring it does so unevenly. What he seems to be asking for is that when insufficient human players are available for the matchmaker to fill rosters at whatever tier, the matchmaker puts ALL the human players on the same team, thus you play solely against bots. In effect, it becomes co-op PvE match.

Oddly enough, WG is looking at fleshing out the matchmaker in World of Tanks with bots at some lower tiers supposedly to cure a variety of ills from long matchmaking cues to seal-clubbing.

All of it is dependent on the AI written for the bots, but people tend to log into MMO's to play with/against "kill" other people. 

SkyWolf__WM #11 Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:35 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5014 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostSassover, on 24 November 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

FOAD
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

jack_wdw #12 Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1740 battles
Right now, you go to PVE after 1.30 mins of waiting, that's good enough for me.
(Agreed when you only have one or two players at each side, it might be more fun to play PVE)

But even when you have enough players to get 3 or 4 humans at both sides, you want to play against environment?
I had such a battle a couple of weeks ago (Tier9), don't know why we were matchmade like that but at the start of the battle it turned out that our team consisted of 6 human players and red team was Bot only.
Match was over in 2 minutes and i can't recall it as really fun.

Edited by jack_wdw, 26 November 2018 - 12:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users