Whats the deal with Personal Points calculation?

personal points calculation error

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

hoom #1 Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9926 battles

Its not exactly a new thing but seriously whats the deal with the in-battle Personal Points and the Hangar summary totals being different?

eg this battle I just finished, over 14k -> Winged Legend awarded, cool :)

But when I get back to Hangar the game says 'lol nope' you only got 13,940 and your pilot only gets 13,453 XP despite plane being Elite with 'Accelerate crew training' enabled and a 2% Crew XP emblem enabled & the 2* Daily bonus.

Still gives me the Winged Legend & Token tho.

Edited by hoom, 21 November 2018 - 04:05 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

buddahcjcc #2 Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:39 AM

Senior Airman

• 1081 battles
You have a looooot of money lol

Leadlooser #3 Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6118 battles

I, too, have oft wondered about this.  I feel the same way about the figures being divergent, as far as I know.  I'm just glad to get the tokens.  It would be a sad discovery should the awarded point disparity add to and pilot or plane grinds.  I suspect every player wants to upgrade as fast as possible with the minimum amount of (unpleasant) effort.

Please, WG/blindfold, explain this phenomenon or give us a link that will resolve our confusion (perhaps 'this particular confusing point' would be more accurate as there are always confusing parts in WoWP).  Thank you.

blindfoId #4 Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
Unfortunately, the issue has been around for some time. I passed along the feedback to the developers team some time ago and they have been working to trace the reasons why different numbers are displayed on the victory/defeat screen and in the post-battle statistics. The right score is shown on the victory/defeat screen as you can understand from the given medal and Token reward .

Leadlooser #5 Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6118 battles
Thank you for the response despite the persistent nature of this particular irregularity.

sandtiger #6 Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20642 battles
i had that happen a lot where it tell you  made 14000 personal points  then you get back and it say you have a thousand less it a wired bug  error or what ever it is but i do not thing you are the only one that as had it ... i think a lot of people have had this issue.... i seen our silver count for match drop a lot in the last few patch and i not sure if they did some thing to less  how  much where make in sliver or if it is a bug/error 

trikke #7 Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:07 PM

Captain

• 3514 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i still think it maybe a tiny reason why new folks leave...    vets just ignore it or tease each other about it

but new folks think they're getting robbed somehow, and it's worse when it drags on indefinitely 

add an additional 1k to the 1k we already get for sticking it out until the end... and all complaints will end forever 

math is hard, so just paper it over?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

comtedumas #8 Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Postsandtiger, on 21 November 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

i had that happen a lot where it tell you  made 14000 personal points  then you get back and it say you have a thousand less it a wired bug  error or what ever it is but i do not thing you are the only one that as had it ... i think a lot of people have had this issue.... i seen our silver count for match drop a lot in the last few patch and i not sure if they did some thing to less  how  much where make in sliver or if it is a bug/error 

I have had it happen where it says you got 14000 personal points, gave you the winged legend medal, then you get back to hanger and you still have the winged legend medal but you have 13000+ pts.....that shouldn't happen...

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

hoom #9 Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9926 battles

Block Quote

Unfortunately, the issue has been around for some time.

Yes it has.

Normally I just shrug & move on but I just felt kinda aggrieved about that one because I played a good, fun battle after a bunch of not particularly fun grinding other planes, wasn't paying attention to score so was pleasantly surprised to see the Winged Legend in Victory screen so still paying attention when returned to Hangar & wthlower score.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

GonerNL #10 Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1098 battles

View Posttrikke, on 21 November 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

add an additional 1k to the 1k we already get for sticking it out until the end... 

The click-bots will love this ....
Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

Mercsn #11 Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:40 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posthoom, on 20 November 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

Its not exactly a new thing but seriously whats the deal with the in-battle Personal Points and the Hangar summary totals being different?

eg this battle I just finished, over 14k -> Winged Legend awarded, cool :)

But when I get back to Hangar the game says 'lol nope' you only got 13,940 and your pilot only gets 13,453 XP despite plane being Elite with 'Accelerate crew training' enabled and a 2% Crew XP emblem enabled & the 2* Daily bonus.

Still gives me the Winged Legend & Token tho.

So, the mod answered the question about the Winged Legend medal being awarded because the post game screen is correct and the in-hangar post game recap is incorrect.

Regarding your pilot xp:  This is correct, sort of.  Personal points are not XP.  The XP you earned for the match was 6600 (as reported on the recap screen, so it might be slightly low if that's also bugged). Elite aircraft with advanced crew training active get "All experience earned on this aircraft will be distributed towards crew training."   In this case "all experience is 6600.  

6600 x 2 =13200.  13200 x .02 = 264.  13200 +264 = 13,464.   Where it gets screwy is that the ratios between the difference of pilot xp earned to plane xp earned isn't the same as the ratio of victory screen personal points to the hangar recap screen.  Since there isn't a line like the personal points = credits, we don't know what factored into the XP earned.  XP earned used to come from "combat points" which WG removed in their effort to "simplify" the scoring and "make it easier to understand".  # russianlogic

# lazyrussiancoding

So, my guess is that whatever the determiner for xp is wasn't entirely sorted out in the code when (if?) the combat points, as a thing, were removed.  Knowing how stupid the WG devs are they probably left combat points in and just removed it from the stats page so the player can't know exactly where their "XP" came from.  Sure, you can see where your personal points came from, but that apparently doesn't directly determine XP.  Or, if it does, the calculations are bugged and no breakdown is given.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users