FINISHED NIGHT WITH 8 MISMATCHED IN A ROW!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

hamhockjones #1 Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 24652 battles
   The games were so mismatched. I was flying tier 3 I-16e . we had 5 tier 4 planes all worthless bots. The other team had 5 tier 4 planes all experienced humans. They had a 110-B HIGH FLYER, A LAGG 3-4 . We had small low flying planes with small HP... The planes were sadly intentionally matched up so that the veterans team would continue to lose. All 8 games were so mismatched there was no chance to win at all .. Even my I-16 e tier 3 plane has been reduced to a weak firing no handling piece of crap.   It was one of the quickest turning planes in the game. They have ruined it like everything else. Maintaining above 50 percent win rate is quite the miracle considering the trashing of all my planes by these sad excuses  for human beings...

Prenzlau #2 Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16736 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

:)

Edited by Prenzlau, 22 November 2018 - 04:03 AM.

Zinro #3 Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

Mismatched battle - Nothing goes right for one team and the battle is a slaughter.  Seems to happen more often than it should.

Fair battle - anything other than what was described above.

This of coarse is my opinion, but Ham's may be different from mine.

CorvusCorvax #4 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:38 PM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postnwlxn12, on 20 November 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Mismatched battle - Nothing goes right for one team and the battle is a slaughter.  Seems to happen more often than it should.

Fair battle - anything other than what was described above.

This of coarse is my opinion, but Ham's may be different from mine.

In the past week, I've been in all three kinds of battles.  Mismatched for.  Mismatched against.  Even.  Or, alternatively, one team does great, or one team does poorly, or both play equally.  Hmmm, fixed games, or actual playing?  I don't know, they both seem equally likely, right???  [/sarcasm]

EZP_MRKARP #5 Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11827 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
why is what you think right prenzlau  ? your on here all the time get a life

Prenzlau #6 Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16736 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostEZP_MRKARP, on 21 November 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

why is what you think right prenzlau  ? your on here all the time get a life

Edited by Prenzlau, 22 November 2018 - 04:03 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

Major

• 34958 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
The

Block Quote

GREAT and POWERFUL MIGHTY WINDBAG

has spoken!  Let all who see his words tremble in abject fear!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Zinro #8 Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 20 November 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

In the past week, I've been in all three kinds of battles.  Mismatched for.  Mismatched against.  Even.  Or, alternatively, one team does great, or one team does poorly, or both play equally.  Hmmm, fixed games, or actual playing?  I don't know, they both seem equally likely, right???  [/sarcasm]

if the teams consisted of 100% humans on both sides, I would say mismatched battles would be very rare.  This doesn't mean that a team couldn't still get slaughtered.  When a match happens with only a couple humans on both sides and it is a slaughter, then it is perceived that the bots were the reason why, provided that the humans actually played the game and all scored reasonably close in points.  Slaughters can happen with all human teams and I believe WG has tried to make the bots as human as possible but when they are the reason a team wins or loses, then that is seen as a rigged match.

It comes down to this, if bots are the reason why a match was won or lost, it appears rigged.  A human doing what they are supposed to do and outperforming the human on the opposing team and losing the match really has only the bots to blame which seems wrong.  It is all about perception and some matches are controlled by the bots.

SkyWolf__WM #9 Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15448 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 21 November 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

The

has spoken!  Let all who see his words tremble in abject fear!

You know, I used to have some respect for you.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:19 AM

Major

• 34958 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 21 November 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

You know, I used to have some respect for you.

Walk a mile in my shoes with the unprovoked attacks by the Klown Komedy Kompany before you lay judgement.  My offense?  Taking the GTs record.

:popcorn:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #11 Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:41 AM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postnwlxn12, on 21 November 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

if the teams consisted of 100% humans on both sides, I would say mismatched battles would be very rare.  This doesn't mean that a team couldn't still get slaughtered.  When a match happens with only a couple humans on both sides and it is a slaughter, then it is perceived that the bots were the reason why, provided that the humans actually played the game and all scored reasonably close in points.  Slaughters can happen with all human teams and I believe WG has tried to make the bots as human as possible but when they are the reason a team wins or loses, then that is seen as a rigged match.

It comes down to this, if bots are the reason why a match was won or lost, it appears rigged.  A human doing what they are supposed to do and outperforming the human on the opposing team and losing the match really has only the bots to blame which seems wrong.  It is all about perception and some matches are controlled by the bots.

Then the matchmaking would be rigged, etc, etc.  There is always an excuse for losing.  I never question it when mostly-dead red team planes fall into my sight picture.  They might claim it was rigged, but it was just the luck of the draw, or I was in the right place at the right time.

OR, IT MIGHT BE THIS:  I knew where I need to be, and when.  And lo and behold, a menu of half-dead red planes show up, ready for me to settle onto their six and fill them with cannon shells, lather, rinse repeat.  Have you NEVER had the experience of the top dog on the other team seeming to KNOW where you were going to be?

GonerNL #12 Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1769 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 22 November 2018 - 04:41 AM, said:

Then the matchmaking would be rigged, etc, etc.  

I don't think games are rigged.

But the matchmaking is just terrible. More and more battles end in a roflstomp for one of the teams. For some reason matchmaking is very good in making totally unbalanced teams ... I don't mind losing, but when after 3 minutes it's clear which side will win, it takes away all the fun (even when winning).

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #13 Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

View Postnwlxn12, on 21 November 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

if the teams consisted of 100% humans on both sides, I would say mismatched battles would be very rare.

A human doing what they are supposed to do and outperforming the human on the opposing team and losing the match really has only the bots to blame which seems wrong.  It is all about perception and some matches are controlled by the bots.

Not sure - in Warships (Tanks too I gather) curbstomps are disturbingly common, primarily because instead of a "fair" match folks willingly playing a PvP title don't actually want to get shot at yet want to hit with impunity.

That isn't gaming, and definitely not any kind of worthwhile let alone interesting ship combat title; it is instead that whole Real Life™ bit, and the coding/concept/vision doesn't work very well at all for that difference.

View PostGonerNL, on 22 November 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

But the matchmaking is just terrible.

For some reason matchmaking is very good in making totally unbalanced teams ... I don't mind losing, but when after 3 minutes it's clear which side will win, it takes away all the fun (even when winning).

I concur; some (many?) of the bugs and "features because we say so, i.e.'Reasons'" might be acceptable but with MM - which ALL WG titles suffer from - thrown into the mix it gets to be too much and drives folks away.

I've been giving Armored Warfare a try, and while it does have a dedicated PvE mode (pretty much the only active mode) it is atrocious for the mix of vehicles it creates for probably better than 80% + of the operations.

I don't think I ever, in any WG title, spent so much much time per session as low tier, which after Warships is saying a lot - kicker is that in AW there is also only a one tier spread for the five humans on a PvE team.

That's right, the same one tier spread as Warplanes, but you can spend most or all of a session being thrown into operations on any difficulty as the low tier whipping boy.

Which wouldn't admittedly be such a problem except for two things:

- the AI prioritizes targets based on lowest tier first, then lightest armored; (pre-aimed "blind" because AI) missiles and rounds flying past closer, damaged, higher tier vehicles towards a lower tier vehicle is the outright norm.

- as with any Russian game, they're unable or unwilling to break away from the mold of "higher tier is better just because higher tier"; you bounce more and do less damage on penetrating hits versus higher tier bots yet earn less XP & credits than higher tier vehicles on your team even if they did less for total damage, kills, enemies spotted, and/or damage caused to enemies you were spotting.

Yet all of these publishers continue to wonder, but somehow never, ever, learn, from their competitors and predecessors as to why their playerbase churn and overall population is always so borked.

I mean, really, like gee.... get a flippin clue.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 22 November 2018 - 03:47 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users