A system similar to WOT's "courageous resistance" (or whatever it's called)

Player stats WR Courageous resistance

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

vcharng #1 Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3387 battles

After being constantly forced into losing games with entirely useless allies (mustangs unable to shoot down a darn thing, Ju 88P telling me he wants to attack enemy fighter, you name it), I think it's time to make this suggestion.

Can we have a system similar to WOT's courageous resistance? In WOT if you earned an epic achievement in a losing game, you will be awarded the same credit and exp bonus as if your team have won.

Now, "epic achievements" (those that give you tokens) in WOWP are often stricter and more team-dependent, so I would say let's widen its range to stuffs like "Thunder", "Conqueror", as well as perhaps aircraft grades Level III and higher.

And most importantly, make it affect WR. A "courageous resistance" counts as a win for that player only.

trikke #2 Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3064 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

how would that change the gameplay mindset for elite pilots?   or folks that are elite only in their minds?

they might would disregard the main focus of winning the battle... even more than they do already 

but hey, if that attracts and retains new pilots, i would vote yes        but i'll just assume that it would have the opposite effect 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

vcharng #3 Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:53 PM

• 3387 battles

View Posttrikke, on 17 November 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

how would that change the gameplay mindset for elite pilots?   or folks that are elite only in their minds?

they might would disregard the main focus of winning the battle... even more than they do already 

but hey, if that attracts and retains new pilots, i would vote yes        but i'll just assume that it would have the opposite effect 

If it didn't work that way in WOT, why would we assume that it would work that way here?

Besides, now we are already telling people to disregard their win rates and other stats... I was told to do so like 3 days ago.

You are right, people are already disregarding about winning, and I don't think anyone can change that. The aim of the suggestion is simply working with that fact and make it possible for people to at least enjoy themselves.

WOWP is already losing its ground on making a competitive game, but at least we can try to keep it an enjoyable game, rather than allowing noobs to ruin others' joy.

trikke #4 Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3064 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

we'll just have to agree to disagree about winning battles vs stat padding

btw, who's going to meet new pilots at the front door and tell them to disregard the main focus of the game?

you take Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays... i'll take Thursdays and Fridays

i see elite pilots complaining all the time about potatoes like me 'ruining their battles'

i tried my best, but my best wasn't at their level

i just always assume that they're tankers, and i leave it at that

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

vcharng #5 Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:02 AM

• 3387 battles

View Posttrikke, on 17 November 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

we'll just have to agree to disagree about winning battles vs stat padding

btw, who's going to meet new pilots at the front door and tell them to disregard the main focus of the game?

Nobody, they can have fun on their own, without bothering others. That is if they, the "new pilots", even exist.

I'm not seeing new pilots ruining my battle, I'm seeing potato pilots who doesn't even try to play. (think about the Bf109B who did absolutely NOTHING throughout the battle)

And NO, you are not part of the potatoes, the battle I flew with you you were doing okay as far as I remember. Not elite perhaps, but at least you are not idling.

The pilots complaining all the time that you mentioned probably includes me, as I did complain once in front of you.

And that's why I brought up the suggestion: if some of us can't have fun together, perhaps we can have fun separately without bothering each other.

Elites no longer have to rant about being dragged into losses after losses, and potatoes no longer have to worry about being F-worded all the time.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18966 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View Postvcharng, on 17 November 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

Nobody, they can have fun on their own, without bothering others. That is if they, the "new pilots", even exist.

I'm not seeing new pilots ruining my battle, I'm seeing potato pilots who doesn't even try to play. (think about the Bf109B who did absolutely NOTHING throughout the battle)

And NO, you are not part of the potatoes, the battle I flew with you you were doing okay as far as I remember. Not elite perhaps, but at least you are not idling.

The pilots complaining all the time that you mentioned probably includes me, as I did complain once in front of you.

And that's why I brought up the suggestion: if some of us can't have fun together, perhaps we can have fun separately without bothering each other.

Elites no longer have to rant about being dragged into losses after losses, and potatoes no longer have to worry about being F-worded all the time.

F word me and you get reported.  And I do have bad games.  Everyone does.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

vcharng #7 Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:43 AM

• 3387 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 18 November 2018 - 04:21 AM, said:

F word me and you get reported.  And I do have bad games.  Everyone does.

Except you don't get them 80% of the time like what I'm getting. In fact in the recent days at least 90% of the games I'm the only one actually fighting on my side. I do win some of them, but they are still very unpleasant.

And I wonder do you ever run out of reports? I usually run out of them in the first few hours of the day as I can meet 5+ potatoes in about 3 games.

Oh and if you are getting F worded by me, you are either disconnected, idling or just AFK, so yeah I don't think I'll ever get reported. I mean, they need to be present in order to report me, and if they are present how can they perform so poorly?

Bobby_Tables #8 Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6046 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postvcharng, on 17 November 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

Except you don't get them 80% of the time like what I'm getting. In fact in the recent days at least 90% of the games I'm the only one actually fighting on my side.

I recall you b*tching at me while I dealt with some azzhat human who's only goal was to shoot down my GA time and time again.  Not that you came to my assistance or anything, you just complained in chat.

So yeah, no.  You bring on the bad humans on your team with your bad team play. Anyone who says 80% of the humans are potatoes is probably the potato.    

Just my observation...  

vcharng #9 Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:11 AM

• 3387 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 18 November 2018 - 05:09 AM, said:

I recall you b*tching at me while I dealt with some azzhat human who's only goal was to shoot down my GA time and time again.  Not that you came to my assistance or anything, you just complained in chat.

So yeah, no.  You bring on the bad humans on your team with your bad team play. Anyone who says 80% of the humans are potatoes is probably the potato.    

Just my observation...  

Please explain: why do I still rank 1st when I'm in my GAA and those headhunters are also all over me?

If you want me to go to your rescue, sure, just make sure that you worth it.

Scoring like 3000 to 2000 under enemy fire does not qualify.

One more thing: I only recall 2 GAAs receiving my complaints w/o AFK. One is playing under 10 FPS and can't hit a dime (well, than don't play and send a ticket.), the other is focusing on all the wrong targets (wthis a GAA doing in an airfield? you're not fly the Germans who can hit aerial targets and have difficulty dealing with hard targets.), Are you one of them?

Another note: I never fly any category of planes whose supposed role is to cover others. HF need to remain mobile and can't stick above a GAA (or you need to be as much an ace as Olivianko to make others do that), and GAAs are simply on the receiving end. I never flied anything beside these planes during this event.

A third note: Poor team play? I wonder who educated me to not care about teammates. It can't be the bots, right?

Edited by vcharng, 18 November 2018 - 05:20 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:00 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18966 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostBobby_Tables, on 18 November 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

Just my observation...  

:medal:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bobby_Tables #11 Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6046 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postvcharng, on 17 November 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

Please explain: why do I still rank 1st when I'm in my GAA and those headhunters are also all over me?

If you want me to go to your rescue, sure, just make sure that you worth it.

Scoring like 3000 to 2000 under enemy fire does not qualify.

One more thing: I only recall 2 GAAs receiving my complaints w/o AFK. One is playing under 10 FPS and can't hit a dime (well, than don't play and send a ticket.), the other is focusing on all the wrong targets (wthis a GAA doing in an airfield? you're not fly the Germans who can hit aerial targets and have difficulty dealing with hard targets.), Are you one of them?

Another note: I never fly any category of planes whose supposed role is to cover others. HF need to remain mobile and can't stick above a GAA (or you need to be as much an ace as Olivianko to make others do that), and GAAs are simply on the receiving end. I never flied anything beside these planes during this event.

A third note: Poor team play? I wonder who educated me to not care about teammates. It can't be the bots, right?

All I know is you b*tched and moaned throughout the whole battle and ended up without many PPs.  Maybe try playing and not b*tch chatting and your results will improve.  

vcharng #12 Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:16 AM

• 3387 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 18 November 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

All I know is you b*tched and moaned throughout the whole battle and ended up without many PPs.  Maybe try playing and not b*tch chatting and your results will improve.  

Than you practically know nothing. I always get top PPs.

Or perhaps you got the wrong guy. 

Another note for you: I have 71% WR (without cheating using flights) while you have 52. If one of us is the potato player, it's not gonna be me.

Edited by vcharng, 18 November 2018 - 06:18 AM.

Bobby_Tables #13 Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6046 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postvcharng, on 18 November 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Than you practically know nothing. I always get top PPs.

Right guy, low PPs.  Deal with it.  

vcharng #14 Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:21 AM

• 3387 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 18 November 2018 - 06:18 AM, said:

Right guy, low PPs.  Deal with it.  

last time I fall out of top 3 was at least a week ago.

During this event period there was only two results: Either I win, or I lose as the top player of the team.

If you are talking about "absolute" PP, (as in lower than 6000 or the like), that can only happen under two circumstances:

1. I win too fast.

2. my teammates lose too fast.

Choose.

Edited by vcharng, 18 November 2018 - 06:22 AM.

Bobby_Tables #15 Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6046 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

[Edited]  Alright, I will kill this here.  I admit, you got to me in-game chat.  My bad, it usually does not bother me.  

We all have great games and bad games. 

Done. 

Peace

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 18 November 2018 - 06:39 AM.

Perco_lator #16 Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:17 AM

• 11 battles

View Postvcharng, on 17 November 2018 - 03:03 AM, said:

And most importantly, make it affect WR. A "courageous resistance" counts as a win for that player only.

While being rewarded for an exceptional performance in a loss wouldn't be a bad thing, this part here is like the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

Edited by Perco_lator, 18 November 2018 - 07:18 AM.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users