T5 Ki-45 Toryu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

_Rumple_ #1 Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:52 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2210 battles

This plane is the beginning IJN tech tree heavy fighter, available via a mission for 5 tokens. My initial impression, after slogging through the missions, is that it's much better than I expected.

The fully elited version features a single 37mm cannon and a single 20mm. There is a rear gunner with a 7.92mm gun. It carries two 250kg bombs for a cumulative damage of 8800. 

Flying it reminds me of the german Bf 110 C-6, except this turns much better. The guns pack a good punch, and with the surprising maneuverability, it can handle the 'melee' around a cap quite well. I tried it against bombers and a player bomber and it had no problems with them, although it was beginning to get sluggish at the higher altitude the bomber operated in.

You get a free camo scheme with it, which quite honestly is garish in green, yellow and orange, but it's free. Pilot + gunner with 1 skill. Overall, a big thumbs up and I look forward to the rest of the line.

vcharng #2 Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2996 battles

Got my T7 Ki-93 and I think I have similar impression with you.

When I first saw their huge guns I thought that they would have trouble hitting the broad side of a barn, but in fact they are a lot better than what many would think.

I mean, yes, they would have to resort to their secondary weapons (and lose 2/3 of its firepower) when facing smaller aircrafts (i.e. LF and MR), but they serve as decent HF killers as well as ground pounder hunters.

ElricJC #3 Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:00 AM

Senior Airman

• 2207 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S
Yeah, I'm not sure they're for me, but I respect those derp guns. Even the bot Japanese heavies have eaten my lunch. I just remember bombing targets in my IL-20, and I felt two hard CHUNK CHUNK hits, and I was like "what the holy hell was that?" and there goes a Ki-93. I think that's the right one? The tier 7? Yeah, that hurt something fierce. I might have to try them just to see what the noise is about :P

Edited by ElricJC, 10 November 2018 - 04:00 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:19 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13667 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
I just had a pop up in the game flash by that said I lost the op order for the Ki-102 (I think, I only caught a quick glimpse) was removed because it timed out.  I never had an op order for that plane.  What new torments do they have in store?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

_Rumple_ #5 Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:28 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2210 battles

View PostElricJC, on 10 November 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm not sure they're for me, but I respect those derp guns. Even the bot Japanese heavies have eaten my lunch. I just remember bombing targets in my IL-20, and I felt two hard CHUNK CHUNK hits, and I was like "what the holy hell was that?" and there goes a Ki-93. I think that's the right one? The tier 7? Yeah, that hurt something fierce. I might have to try them just to see what the noise is about :P

Yes, the Ki-93 is the tier 7. I wanted to start at T5 myself to have something to look forward to rather than outright get the T7.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users