PvE and/or Co-op new Battle Mode for WoWP

PvE Co-op New Mode WoWS Co-op

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: PvE or CO-OP Battles as new GAME MODE (16 members have cast votes)

Would you like to see a new game mode, similar to the one in WoWS where humans battle Bots?

1. Yes, please! (14 votes [87.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. No thanks! (2 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Would you like to see PvE / Co-op in Lower Tiers: 1-3?

1. Do it now! (15 votes [93.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.75%

2. No thanks! (1 vote [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Perrigrino #1 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3530 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

For those unfamiliar with WoWShips, there is a game mode that allows one to play with all humans on one side, and bots on the other side. Match Maker sets up matches with identical vehicles on either side, so that the battles are as even as possible in terms of type, class and Tier. In wows, rewards can be earned and some are limited to T4 or T5 and up. It is a great way to learn the game, learn how each vehicle performs, and the reward of credits and other goodies is astounding. Wargaming has the ability to do this for Warplanes. We have recently experienced PvE in warplanes with the new changes to the wait times in battle que. Accordiing to the recent patch notes, if Wait time exceed 100s, then players are put into PvE.

Considering this is a recent development maybe not all new players have experienced this yet. WoWP has started to lengthen wait times before implementing PvE. Your thoughts on this idea for the future of WoWP are welcome. Please also consider variations of this battle mode, as in having it exclusively in T1-3, or as a Full time optional mode.

vcharng #2 Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:46 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3023 battles

I entered WOWP with single player as my dream and PVE as my wish.

That's probably why I don't understand why some people want so many players every game...

Also if you take a look at the "Multi-stage PVP" thread, or whatever it calls itself, and if you compare that suggestion with this one, it is clear that WOWP players are significantly diverse in what they want. Some players just want an appropriately challenging stage where you challenge yourself with bots, AA guns and ADFs, while others want nothing from the stage design, just a good fight with fellow human players.

Edited by vcharng, 08 November 2018 - 07:53 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:02 AM

• 13729 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

I like the idea.  I love having options.

:great:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

FlakValleyExpress #4 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:32 AM

Captain

• 38 battles

I have said it before, learn from the other WG products on the things that work, and make it so in WoWP. The only thing that changes is the unit in play. But again I guess that is too much work to do.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

poppavein #5 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2334 battles
I like the idea of only PvE in the lower tiers. This eliminates seal clubbing and gives newbies a chance to learn. TWA does the same thing. 

Master_Cylinder #6 Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:18 AM

Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK
make it an option not the only way I like taking out and teaching other humans.  A seal can not talk to a bot and a bot is not going to give a human pointers when they are doing something wrong.  We all learned on the lover Ts

trikke #7 Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2426 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i would miss the human competition, but i know that PvE would attract and retain new pilots

but could we choose in the hangar, like we choose a training flight?

you've got to agree... isn't game-sanctioned game-required baby seal clubbing a bit too much?

would you trade higher player counts for low tier clubbing?

edit:  i personally think that the bot coding has progressed over the last few patches...

Edited by trikke, 11 November 2018 - 01:07 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

poppavein #8 Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2334 battles

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 11 November 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

make it an option not the only way I like taking out and teaching other humans.  A seal can not talk to a bot and a bot is not going to give a human pointers when they are doing something wrong.  We all learned on the lover Ts

In TWA, T1 and T2 are against AI only, T3 you can choose AI or PvP. T4+ is PvP only. 

vcharng #9 Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:16 PM

• 3023 battles

View Posttrikke, on 11 November 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

i would miss the human competition, but i know that PvE would attract and retain new pilots

but could we choose in the hangar, like we choose a training flight?

you've got to agree... isn't game-sanctioned game-required baby seal clubbing a bit too much?

would you trade higher player counts for low tier clubbing?

edit:  i personally think that the bot coding has progressed over the last few patches...

Just think about BEM on defending side, there's no doubt WG can give us some decent challenge with PVE, now all they need to do is to actually implement it.

Also tagged with PvE, Co-op, New, Mode, WoWS Co-op

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users