Update 2.0.8

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 0 battles
Meet Update 2.0.8 for World of Warplanes which introduces two brand new tech tree branches to World of Warplanes—the huge and destructive American Flying Fortresses and the extremely dangerous Japanese heavy fighters to counter them!

Full news text

StoptheViolins #2 Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1989 battles
See, I was right. It was dropping tomorrow.

Jazz_4 #3 Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 976 battles
I have a question will you have someone do a live stream today or tommarow to show off the bombers and do you know when the new planes will be added to tech tree so we can see them on this site

Cenotaph #4 Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

"Reduced the maximum total difference in player aircraft tiers in battles that include 3v3 players or more, to 2 Tiers instead of 3. Now player aircraft in battles will be more balanced."

What exactly is that supposed to mean?

I don't recall ever being in a 3 tiered battle... did you guys forget how your own game works?

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14434 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostCenotaph, on 07 November 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

"Reduced the maximum total difference in player aircraft tiers in battles that include 3v3 players or more, to 2 Tiers instead of 3. Now player aircraft in battles will be more balanced."

I don't recall ever being in a 3 tiered battle... did you guys forget how your own game works?

I have the same question.  Never have I seen a 3 tier spread before.  But finally!  A Tier VII bomber!  :great:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #6 Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

trikke #7 Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Update 2.0.8 introduces two brand new tech tree branches to World of Warplanes—the huge and destructive American Flying Fortresses and the extremely dangerous Japanese heavy fighters to counter them. Feel the deafening roar of powerful engines and the rumble of heavy weapons.

In addition, with the release of the update, new ratings start. All active players now have the opportunity to take part in the ratings while fighting in battles and receive valuable prizes based on the rating results.

Early access to new aircraft

From November 8 till December 5, players will have the chance to add the new planes to their Hangar first by participating in the event

Drop by the Supply Service ("Tokens" Menu in your Hangar) and buy Operation Orders for the six new aircraft, complete the series of missions given to be able to conquer the skies in your brand new bomber or heavy fighter without the need to research and purchase them.

Remember that you can get Tokens for completing Daily missions and receiving the most valuable medals in battles. In addition, during the event there will be the opportunity to buy Tokens using gold on weekends.

New aircraft

USA bomber line

Not very maneuverable, but incredibly strong and well-protected aircraft with high survivability, loaded with a huge stock of large caliber bombs. These aircraft are perfectly suited for the rapid capture of well-protected sectors with a large number of objects. In a single pass, these machines can easily destroy a huge number of targets, and then, on their way back, complete the task and wipe out the enemy’s buildings. In air combat, the most powerful turrets with reliable overlapping sectors of fire provide excellent protection against enemy fighters—any target at close range will be full of holes in a matter of seconds.

• Boeing B-17D — USA, Tier V bomber;
  • Boeing B-17G — USA, Tier VI bomber;
  • Consolidated B-32 — USA, Tier VII bomber.

Japan heavy fighters line

Maneuverable heavy fighters with powerful heavy weapons, bombs, and turret gunners. Thanks to effective forward-firing and outboard weapons, these aircraft can be used to break through ground and air defense of sectors, resist bomber raids, and intercept attack aircraft. In air combat, their powerful large-caliber weapons are especially effective against large targets, but good handling and maneuverability make it possible to counter light fighters.

• Kawasaki Ki-45 Toryu — Japan, Tier V heavy fighter;
  • Kawasaki Ki-102 — Japan, Tier VI heavy fighter;
  • Rikugun Ki-93 — Japan, Tier VII heavy fighter.

New promotional planes added:

• Curtiss XP-36F — USA, Tier IV fighter;

Aircraft available only to developers and participants of the Supertest for testing:

• Curtiss-Wright XP-55 Ascender — USA, Tier VI fighter.
  • Blohm und Voss BV P.203 — Germany, Tier VIII heavy fighter.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

J311yfish #8 Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1237 battles
  • [343] 343

Big questions:

-- will Ki-45 get 2x37mm in the nose?

-- will Ki-102 get the Ki-148 radio-guided rocket?

-- will Ki-93 get the 75mm cannon?

Edited by J311yfish, 07 November 2018 - 04:47 PM.

Tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  //  ITALY    FRANCE  //  SWEDEN    Finland (skins)

Historical projects:  UNITED STATES   GERMANY  •  Poland  //  USSR  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures

The_Wild_Weasel #9 Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1831 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

wow...Im impressed...

Good Job WG, I hope to play more.... now...this what may help bring some players back and others from leaving.... lets see.

W_W

madkiwidave #10 Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:43 PM

Airman Basic

• 4982 battles
I have been hearing that there will be compensation for the excess certificates we have from the last event in this update, is this true?

Cenotaph #11 Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postmadkiwidave, on 07 November 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

I have been hearing that there will be compensation for the excess certificates we have from the last event in this update, is this true?

Perhaps you might want to look over on the right side of the forums page... that "Staff Posts" area... the top 2 are both about Certificates.

View PostblindfoId, on 06 November 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

Certificates will be converted to gold with the Update 2.0.8 release.

Wow, that was hard to find~  :P

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

allenr #12 Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1635 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

2. Select an operation order depending on which aircraft you want to obtain:

3. Purchase an operation order using tokens. An operation order costs 5 tokens

this, yes, no more lottery!

Chris_Buck #13 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:14 PM

Airman Basic

• 769 battles
  • [D-A-I] D-A-I
So how will we get the new promo plane?

comealong1 #14 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3743 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
How do ya get into the supertest of the new planes like that XP-55 tier VI US fighter ?.. I fly my bombers the least.. I tend to fly my fighters the most.

Cardinal604 #15 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3616 battles

Tier 6 for the B-17G seems crazy but I'll take it...

So if the B-17G is at Tier 6 can we expect the following future bombers also at tier 5 and 6

UK - Lancaster, Halifax

Japan - G3M, G4M, G5N

France - Bloch MB.163

Germany - He-177, ME-264

USSR - Pe-8

And lovely to get more Japanese planes but where the heck is the J2M Raiden and the N1K1 planes lol...

And lets go WG give us an Italian Tech Tree.

Perrigrino #16 Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3700 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Matchmaker

• Increased time for matchmaker to attempt balancing a single flight in the battle queue with another flight. - good! But...
  • Increased time for matchmaker to attempt balancing a single player in the battle queue with another one before launching a battle against bots. -Wrong!
  •  
  • Reduced the maximum total difference in player aircraft Tiers in battles that include 3vs3 players or more to 2 Tiers instead of 3. Now player aircraft in battles will be more balanced.- unnecessary

Going the wrong way with MM. Lengthening wait times to put Players in unbalanced, up-tiered or down-tiered battles does not improve the experience. In Warships, Co-op, MM matches vehicles identically, so that the roster is a mirror image, both sides are the same!!! That makes for a fair and just contest. Initial efforts appeared to be going in this direction in Wowp, but experimenting on us in these events can be very frustrating. Why not work this out BEFORE trying it out on the players, perhaps in a public TEST. Perhaps, instead of increasing the TIME, put all humans (when human participation is low) on the SAME SIDE, as you do in the higher tiers. This has been better received by many I have spoke with. One of the largest complaints from all players is MATCH MAKER, - the frustration experienced by many when the battle roster pops up, is palpable and reflects in battle chat.

Fighting up Tiered battles can be done but the up-tiered aircraft are faster and cover virtual distances faster, and in this meta of the game, that gives significant advantage. Again, try configuring MM so that the roster is a mirror image on both sides- identical in vehicle type, class, tier. And if not enough humans, put them on the same side so that it is PvE, and we don't have to wait longer than 100 seconds. Wows- 30s wait time.

(P.S. Thanks for the additional content, but again we have asked for INCLUSION prior to surprises).

Edited by Perrigrino, 07 November 2018 - 10:23 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #17 Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:41 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
More planes = more grinding. I like it.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14434 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostPerrigrino, on 07 November 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

Matchmaker

• Increased time for matchmaker to attempt balancing a single flight in the battle queue with another flight. - good! But...
  • Increased time for matchmaker to attempt balancing a single player in the battle queue with another one before launching a battle against bots. -Wrong!
  •  
  • Reduced the maximum total difference in player aircraft Tiers in battles that include 3vs3 players or more to 2 Tiers instead of 3. Now player aircraft in battles will be more balanced.- unnecessary

Going the wrong way with MM. Lengthening wait times to put Players in unbalanced, up-tiered or down-tiered battles does not improve the experience. In Warships, Co-op, MM matches vehicles identically, so that the roster is a mirror image, both sides are the same!!! That makes for a fair and just contest. Initial efforts appeared to be going in this direction in Wowp, but experimenting on us in these events can be very frustrating. Why not work this out BEFORE trying it out on the players, perhaps in a public TEST. Perhaps, instead of increasing the TIME, put all humans (when human participation is low) on the SAME SIDE, as you do in the higher tiers. This has been better received by many I have spoke with. One of the largest complaints from all players is MATCH MAKER, - the frustration experienced by many when the battle roster pops up, is palpable and reflects in battle chat.

Fighting up Tiered battles can be done but the up-tiered aircraft are faster and cover virtual distances faster, and in this meta of the game, that gives significant advantage. Again, try configuring MM so that the roster is a mirror image on both sides- identical in vehicle type, class, tier. And if not enough humans, put them on the same side so that it is PvE, and we don't have to wait longer than 100 seconds. Wows- 30s wait time.

(P.S. Thanks for the additional content, but again we have asked for INCLUSION prior to surprises).

Yes!  +1

:honoring:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

vcharng #19 Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:57 AM

• 3247 battles

View PostPerrigrino, on 07 November 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

Agreed, PVE was introduced to solve unbalanced MM, so why keep limiting its usage? It's the only really working way as for now.

As for those of you who can't understand "tier difference decreased from 3 to 2", it means the SUM of the player tiers.

For example:

Before 2.0.8, T7x5 v.s. T7x2+ T6 x3 was possible (total human tier 35:32), but this will no longer be possible.

Although I don't think this will change much, as T7x3 vs T7x1+T6x2 (difference 2) would already make a lot of difference, or even T7x2 vs. T7x1+T6x1.

blindfoId #20 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:36 AM

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostJazz_4, on 07 November 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

I have a question will you have someone do a live stream today or tommarow to show off the bombers and do you know when the new planes will be added to tech tree so we can see them on this site

Eekeeboo plans to stream today. Around 09:00 PT/12:00 ET till 11:00 PT/14:00 ET. 

View PostCenotaph, on 07 November 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

It's about the sum of the tiers, so vcharng is right on this:

View Postvcharng, on 08 November 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

As for those of you who can't understand "tier difference decreased from 3 to 2", it means the SUM of the player tiers.

For example:

Before 2.0.8, T7x5 v.s. T7x2+ T6 x3 was possible (total human tier 35:32), but this will no longer be possible.

View PostChris_Buck, on 08 November 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

So how will we get the new promo plane?

There will be a set of missions for WoWp birthday and the promo plane will be a reward for completing them. So stay tuned with the news :honoring:

View Postcomealong1, on 08 November 2018 - 12:34 AM, said:

How do ya get into the supertest of the new planes like that XP-55 tier VI US fighter ?.. I fly my bombers the least.. I tend to fly my fighters the most.

At the moment we have the Supertest program for CIS only.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users