Weird "Poo" happening while in a game.....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Chunky_Cleb #1 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:53 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2354 battles
  • [LEGIX] LEGIX
….things like flight controls all out of whack:(1)- plane veers off way to the left when trying to turn( sometimes even when I am flying straight )..like its being pushed by an imaginary hand, (2)- plane all of a sudden flops over onto back when all im trying to do is pull up, (3)- flying into target with a GA plane plane drops bombs way after I pushed drop button, (4)- drop bombs(GA) and all of a sudden my bombs go up and my plane goes down, (5) - am unloading .20 mm and 12.7 rounds left and right into planes..i can see the rounds hitting but no damage being taken on other plane. All this after having  few games with no problems prior to this happening all of a sudden. It made the game(s) this occurred in..unplayable. I know I have seen this issue before in the forums but cannot recall where and what the solution to fixing it is..if there is a solution on my end.

Edited by Chunky_Cleb, 07 November 2018 - 08:58 AM.

Kjim #2 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:40 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3985 battles

Try unplugging your joystick if your using one and plug it back in. Also go to settings and see if the slip compensation is set right under advanced settings.

Kjim

Leadlooser #3 Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:12 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3199 battles
I would dump the cache when launching the game from the 'Game Center' - the chevron just right of the orange-ish 'Play' button.  I haven't researched just what the cache is, but this seems to work for me after suffering similar issues.  Weird flight/game anomalies happen when flying in 'windowed mode,' so I have chosen to play full-screen.  GL

GonerNL #4 Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:03 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 780 battles

I've also experienced this, but it's been awhile now.

Even plane flying backwards, no control at all (using joystick). Only thing that helped was exiting and starting over. Nothing in-game that solved this ...

Also had another problem that on respawn I was looking at the front of the plane. That seems to be caused by using your hat-switch on the joystick at the moment you were killed. This can be solved by using hat-switch again for right direction.

Edited by GonerNL, 07 November 2018 - 12:05 PM.

Flying on EU and NA server

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:29 PM

Captain

• 256 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Sounds like packet loss to me. Make sure you have a solid internet connection. Next time this happens look at your upper left corner of your screen to see if your ping is doing anything weird.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

GonerNL #6 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:26 PM

• 780 battles

No, when you get packet-loss it says so top-left (next to fps and ping) and the screen just completely freezes for some time, then jumps forward and freezes again ...

This is different. You actually see you plane moving sideways or backwards until it crashes.

Flying on EU and NA server

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14262 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 07 November 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

Sounds like packet loss to me. Make sure you have a solid internet connection. Next time this happens look at your upper left corner of your screen to see if your ping is doing anything weird.

You are absolutely correct and many people don't even know they can observe their FPS and ping rate.  I believe it is off by default.

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #8 Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:21 AM

• Administrator
  • 7 battles
It is pretty difficult to figure out what your problem is about from simply description but it really does sound as a packet loss. If we could take a look at screenshots or replay video it would possibly shed some light on the situation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users