Let's pretend

pretend

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:02 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13729 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

What next?  I won't bore you with the long list of bugs I've experienced today.  I am sure you are tired of pretending to care and I know I am tired of pretending to believe they will get fixed.  I mean who wants to hear about Black Screens, loss of aircraft control, etc. all the time?

I decided it was time to erase and reinstall again.  Past time actually.  It's been a little over a month since I last did it.  Surprise!!! The down loader is busted!

So tonight I will pretend to play.   Daka, daka, daka............boom, boom, boom...........ping, ping, ping!   Ah, bug free!

:kamikaze:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bluegoose02 #2 Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2672 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
Wow  What did you do before you made this game your life. You gripe more than my kids do when I won't give them money. Since this game doesn't quite do for me anymore I thought your life's story might make me feel better.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:29 AM

Captain

• 759 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBluegoose02, on 31 October 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

Wow  What did you do before you made this game your life. You gripe more than my kids do when I won't give them money. Since this game doesn't quite do for me anymore I thought your life's story might make me feel better.

well, your kids wouldn't grip if you hadn't taught them to expect money...

but I agree...

I like trying to understand other's life stories

:rolleyes:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Bobby_Tables #4 Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4137 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 31 October 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

I decided it was time to erase and reinstall again.  Past time actually.  It's been a little over a month since I last did it.  Surprise!!! The down loader is busted!

NetFlix needs your eyeballs as well, so spend your time wisely.  

I would rather run the "fixit" program than reinstall the client.  I have not reinstalled the client in ages and have no plans to do so anytime in the future.  When I run into problems, I reboot, clear cache and if that does not work, run the "fixit" program.  If you have the game installed in a good location, say on an SSD that is your primary c: partition you should not get corrupted files often.  In very rare cases, if you stomp on the client (say, installing a new program while the WOWP client is live) will you potentially get issues.  On the flip side, I have had the game live and installed NVIDIA drivers and all was fine.  

In any case, Good God Man!  why would you put yourself thru the pain of reinstalling?  This game client is lock-on, dead-to-rights, rock-solid.  Just ask anyone.  /sarc

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 01 November 2018 - 03:53 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:07 AM

• 13729 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

A reinstall has fixed issues for me in the past and the fixit program I gave up on a long time ago.  Never did a bit of good for me.

:sceptic:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:09 AM

• 13729 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

Life stories?  Why ain't you guys on the Oprah forum?

:facepalm:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

J_57 #7 Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:18 AM

Master Sergeant

• 857 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
It's truly a shame that WG doesn't spend enough time, energy or resources to improve WOWP. I understand a small bit of greed, but wouldn't it make sense to improve a game where people actually enjoyed playing and wouldn't mind dropping a dime here and there to play?  I would think the monetary income from an improved game would be much greater than that of a "free" game where no one actually wants to spend their money. It's as though they are trying to serve pigs in a blanket for the price of a Porterhouse steak. I've seen so many pilots simply give up playing because of WG dragging their feet, making false promises and never actually improving the game. 

Edited by J_57, 01 November 2018 - 09:19 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:50 PM

• 13729 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

Well, good news.  They fixed the downloader this morning.  Soon I will be back in the air and harassing the Klown Komedy Kompany again.

:izmena:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #9 Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2426 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

whew...  crisis averted!

i've always run the fixit link, it seems to be pretty thorough, but what do i know...

my client seems to be humming along normally, but... Cap, tell us if you notice obvious benefits, please?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

• 13729 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Posttrikke, on 01 November 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

whew...  crisis averted!

i've always run the fixit link, it seems to be pretty thorough, but what do i know...

my client seems to be humming along normally, but... Cap, tell us if you notice obvious benefits, please?

Well, it's working well and glitch free for the moment.  I think that is a large obvious benefit.  :great:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Prenzlau #11 Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:08 PM

• 6200 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostJ_57, on 01 November 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

It's truly a shame that WG doesn't spend enough time, energy or resources to improve WOWP. I understand a small bit of greed, but wouldn't it make sense to improve a game where people actually enjoyed playing and wouldn't mind dropping a dime here and there to play?  I would think the monetary income from an improved game would be much greater than that of a "free" game where no one actually wants to spend their money. It's as though they are trying to serve pigs in a blanket for the price of a Porterhouse steak. I've seen so many pilots simply give up playing because of WG dragging their feet, making false promises and never actually improving the game. 

Very good insights, but nothing new to the forum unfortunately. I think what bothers players the most is the illogical decisions and the inability as you have pointed out, for WG to see their business opportunities and appease their customers. If they want to squeeze money from their customers, and the idea is, why would they not, they could have better events, better game structure, listen to feed back, clan rivalries and competitions, etc. This forum is loaded with posts on what WG should do. So the customers, the players, expect that there would be some aggressiveness on their behalf to do things that would increase their profits and yet at the same time increase their customers. 

One popular theory is that WG is making enough money from tanks and warships, that warplanes is sort of an after thought. There has also been a very big disconnect in communication between WG and it's customers and the players feel generally neglected and out of the loop. Yes lately it seems like they are taking feedback and making a few changes, but whatever they are doing, it is not bringing back tons of players old and new, and to be very honest, the game is rather boring. I play with my friends and clan buddies, and I'm pretty sure without them, I would have moved on to different games by now. People have been waiting, and waiting and waiting for Warplanes to hit a home run, and it is like they are always bunting or striking out. So players who stay settle into acceptance of what the game is and make the best of it for whatever their reasons, and those who never could adjust or tolerate the changes over time have gone away. 

I have tried to tell them that competition is the way to go, to expand the game, expand the player base and breath live back into the game. For some illogical reason they refuse to make the game "clan-centric" and create competitive events with clan competition. Hell, just with that top 10 contest to see who could earn the most personal points, you had players playing crazy long hours just to beat each other for a few prizes. So I know real competition would be a big thing and it would bring back players, even with the game flawed. So I've said it before, this game has always been sabotaged from the inside from incompetent decision makers and door knobs who have little understanding how to run a business. They won't even redo the hall of fame and clans so that we can really see where each player is at statistically and what clans are where. So we are all supposed to be happy killing bots and flying the same mundane, boring battles, over and over with little incentives and no real goals. I cannot imagine how tedious it really must be for someone who loses far more than they win, and gets hardly any parts. But maybe that is the idea, to force people to spend their money that way. That is more like extortion than good business. Good business is when you make something that customers want to buy, not force them to buy. It all boils down to leadership and decision making as it does with all businesses, and well we see the result of poor decisions and lack of leadership everyday. 

Eventually this will all turn into an irrelevant arcade game ( I know it is really like that now) but when the remaining "old guard" and stalwarts leave and it is just bots and mindless noobs, there will be little to play for or a reason to play for anyone who wants a real warplanes game. I know there are many issues, but in my mind if they don't address clans and make this game about clans and competition, there is no long term hope. Why they are so allergic to the idea of clans and competition is beyond me. 

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 01 November 2018 - 05:11 PM.

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

nwlxn12 #12 Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 01 November 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

Very good insights, but nothing new to the forum unfortunately. I think what bothers players the most is the illogical decisions and the inability as you have pointed out, for WG to see their business opportunities and appease their customers. If they want to squeeze money from their customers, and the idea is, why would they not, they could have better events, better game structure, listen to feed back, clan rivalries and competitions, etc. This forum is loaded with posts on what WG should do. So the customers, the players, expect that there would be some aggressiveness on their behalf to do things that would increase their profits and yet at the same time increase their customers. 

One popular theory is that WG is making enough money from tanks and warships, that warplanes is sort of an after thought. There has also been a very big disconnect in communication between WG and it's customers and the players feel generally neglected and out of the loop. Yes lately it seems like they are taking feedback and making a few changes, but whatever they are doing, it is not bringing back tons of players old and new, and to be very honest, the game is rather boring. I play with my friends and clan buddies, and I'm pretty sure without them, I would have moved on to different games by now. People have been waiting, and waiting and waiting for Warplanes to hit a home run, and it is like they are always bunting or striking out. So players who stay settle into acceptance of what the game is and make the best of it for whatever their reasons, and those who never could adjust or tolerate the changes over time have gone away. 

I have tried to tell them that competition is the way to go, to expand the game, expand the player base and breath live back into the game. For some illogical reason they refuse to make the game "clan-centric" and create competitive events with clan competition. Hell, just with that top 10 contest to see who could earn the most personal points, you had players playing crazy long hours just to beat each other for a few prizes. So I know real competition would be a big thing and it would bring back players, even with the game flawed. So I've said it before, this game has always been sabotaged from the inside from incompetent decision makers and door knobs who have little understanding how to run a business. They won't even redo the hall of fame and clans so that we can really see where each player is at statistically and what clans are where. So we are all supposed to be happy killing bots and flying the same mundane, boring battles, over and over with little incentives and no real goals. I cannot imagine how tedious it really must be for someone who loses far more than they win, and gets hardly any parts. But maybe that is the idea, to force people to spend their money that way. That is more like extortion than good business. Good business is when you make something that customers want to buy, not force them to buy. It all boils down to leadership and decision making as it does with all businesses, and well we see the result of poor decisions and lack of leadership everyday. 

Eventually this will all turn into an irrelevant arcade game ( I know it is really like that now) but when the remaining "old guard" and stalwarts leave and it is just bots and mindless noobs, there will be little to play for or a reason to play for anyone who wants a real warplanes game. I know there are many issues, but in my mind if they don't address clans and make this game about clans and competition, there is no long term hope. Why they are so allergic to the idea of clans and competition is beyond me. 

Prenzlau

I usually find something to disagree with in your post, but I 100% agree with everything you said there.

Captain_Underpants53 #13 Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:53 PM

• 13729 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Postnwlxn12, on 01 November 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

I usually find something to disagree with in your post, but I 100% agree with everything you said there.

Dang it all!  I agree too.  I liked it much better when he was attacking me.

:(

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bobby_Tables #14 Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4137 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostPrenzlau, on 01 November 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

I have tried to tell them that competition is the way to go, to expand the game, expand the player base and breath live back into the game. For some illogical reason they refuse to make the game "clan-centric" and create competitive events with clan competition. Hell, just with that top 10 contest to see who could earn the most personal points, you had players playing crazy long hours just to beat each other for a few prizes. So I know real competition would be a big thing and it would bring back players, even with the game flawed. So I've said it before, this game has always been sabotaged from the inside from incompetent decision makers and door knobs who have little understanding how to run a business. They won't even redo the hall of fame and clans so that we can really see where each player is at statistically and what clans are where. So we are all supposed to be happy killing bots and flying the same mundane, boring battles, over and over with little incentives and no real goals.

You are 100% correct.  The sad issue here is that we are dealing with a development studio that is totally fixated on PVE gaming at present.  The developers, marketing and testers are all focused on the wrong thing and that has really brought this game down.  

The hubris in Persha Studia is beyond comprehension.  Just go search out Priollia's comments in this forum and (since deleted) on Discord to understand just how little they know about the game. 

I have been preaching this for years, but if the development studio does not play their own game outside of test servers and without every single feature unlocked, they will never understand about the potential fun in this game.  They just look at the nuts and bolts of planes and balance and whatever.  They have no understanding of the human element.  

The lack of support or recognition of the power of clans is such a huge oversight.  These knucklehead developers continue to focus on little bits and pieces of the game while ignoring the benefits of human-on-human competition.  

I see some small effort from eekeboo (sp?) and blindfold.  In the past, it was people like this who really got people interested in competition.  The studio keeps cranking out incremental changes and completely ignores the human element.  I still think there is a cultural aspect here that just blinds Persha from understanding the potential of this game.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 01 November 2018 - 11:43 PM.

J_57 #15 Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:52 AM

Master Sergeant

• 857 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostBobby_Tables, on 02 November 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

You are 100% correct.  The sad issue here is that we are dealing with a development studio that is totally fixated on PVE gaming at present.  The developers, marketing and testers are all focused on the wrong thing and that has really brought this game down.  

The hubris in Persha Studia is beyond comprehension.  Just go search out Priollia's comments in this forum and (since deleted) on Discord to understand just how little they know about the game. 

I have been preaching this for years, but if the development studio does not play their own game outside of test servers and without every single feature unlocked, they will never understand about the potential fun in this game.  They just look at the nuts and bolts of planes and balance and whatever.  They have no understanding of the human element.  

The lack of support or recognition of the power of clans is such a huge oversight.  These knucklehead developers continue to focus on little bits and pieces of the game while ignoring the benefits of human-on-human competition.  

I see some small effort from eekeboo (sp?) and blindfold.  In the past, it was people like this who really got people interested in competition.  The studio keeps cranking out incremental changes and completely ignores the human element.  I still think there is a cultural aspect here that just blinds Persha from understanding the potential of this game.  

I believe you are correct when stating that the human side has been ignored. Clans should be a major aspect of this game. Whether the competitive side or merely comradery, clans should not be overlooked. Clans should be able to vie for positions in "Clan" standings or build their "Air Bases" as in WOWS. If the game were to be expanded where resources such as fuel, parts, gold, hangars, etc. were part of building a clan, just as coal, steel, oil and other items are accumulated in WOWS, then I believe WOWP may become more appealing. What is the point of being in a clan? I enjoy the comradery, but beyond that, it's a moot point. Should everyone have a "sit-out" for a week to get their attention? A loss in revenue has always sparked the interest of companies in the past.

Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:05 AM

• 13729 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostJ_57, on 02 November 2018 - 04:52 AM, said:

I believe you are correct when stating that the human side has been ignored. Clans should be a major aspect of this game. Whether the competitive side or merely comradery, clans should not be overlooked. Clans should be able to vie for positions in "Clan" standings or build their "Air Bases" as in WOWS. If the game were to be expanded where resources such as fuel, parts, gold, hangars, etc. were part of building a clan, just as coal, steel, oil and other items are accumulated in WOWS, then I believe WOWP may become more appealing. What is the point of being in a clan? I enjoy the comradery, but beyond that, it's a moot point. Should everyone have a "sit-out" for a week to get their attention? A loss in revenue has always sparked the interest of companies in the past.

I don't really know but I suspect organized sit outs are one reason they are ignoring just about anything clan.  Without clans there is no real organization.

:unsure:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #17 Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2426 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

hasn't clan emphasis in other games led to extra unpleasantness in that game's forums?

or so i've been told 

i belong to a clan, but there's no animosity toward any other clans, afaik      and i love that

except for Dracs...  those guys can go turn their %@#& nozzles backwards!   

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:20 PM

• 13729 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Posttrikke, on 02 November 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

hasn't clan emphasis in other games led to extra unpleasantness in that game's forums?

or so i've been told 

i belong to a clan, but there's no animosity toward any other clans, afaik      and i love that

except for Dracs...  those guys can go turn their %@#& nozzles backwards!   

LOL

:great:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

J_57 #19 Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• 857 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
Animosity is not clan driven. Its human nature to compete, and with competition, animosity arises. It's how we approach the game and our personality which determines our chances of generating animosity towards others.

Prenzlau #20 Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

• 6200 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostJ_57, on 02 November 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

Animosity is not clan driven. Its human nature to compete, and with competition, animosity arises. It's how we approach the game and our personality which determines our chances of generating animosity towards others.

"Animosity towards others"? hhhmmmm, I'll have to study this. 

The man without a name (High Plains Drifter)

It's what people know

about themselves inside...

that makes them afraid.

Prenzlau

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users