Corrupted Pancake's Halloween Event!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

blindfoId #21 Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles
This event is not in-game or server side event, this is a kind of activity organized from the side of the Community team (me in particular), that is why there's no progress shown in the client. This kind of events is quite common for CIS and is sort of a test flight here. If you like them on the whole there's a chance to have more of the like activities. Of course, with the different conditions and prizes. I would be really grateful for your feedback to make any further events better. :honoring:

MollariB5 #22 Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:01 AM

Airman Basic

• 903 battles

View Postpirat262, on 30 October 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

I already have the Venom from an ops order in Flaming Shores,  i have it in speacilist mode really ugly plane but fights and fly's very well , but very interested in the gold . 

greetings

pirat262

The Venom is a piece of crap, slow with no stopping power, you can barely go 1v1  against T5 and you're hopelessly outmatched against T6.    And it's ugly

Captain_Underpants53 #23 Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:06 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13740 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

Even though I have the plane, I resent having to fly it to meet the conditions of the event.  I will not participate.

:kamikaze:

I should clarify.  I don't mind when an event is limited to a certain class or classes of plane but it is too restrictive in this particular case, IMO.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 31 October 2018 - 11:40 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GonerNL #24 Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 722 battles

The only problem I have with this event is that it is restricted to those players who can spend 3 weekdays & evenings playing this event, while players who work, study or have other real-life business, can not. They would have to cram 30 battles into (part of) 3 evenings. That in itself is difficult enough, but the chance of ending up in the top 11 is minimal I think ... all IMHO.

I have the planes, might fly them, but not even try to 'participate' ...

Flying on EU and NA server

Bluegoose02 #25 Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2672 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

AS dumb as this may sound I would have liked to have seen something like the flying saucers again . At least I knew what the target was and it was fun and not time consuming.

And everyone got something in the end.

Cenotaph #26 Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2960 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Less events that involve a ton of grind, and only pay out a few people... more events that are rewarding to EVERYONE who puts the effort in.

Every time you guys make a stupid grind-fest event... I find something else to play.

And you guys seem to be cramming grind fests down our throats lately... so, yeah... if you can't stop doing that, you need to stop making them only pay out 10-30 people.

Figure out a way to reward the people that tolerate your questionable development choices.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Jazz_4 #27 Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:08 AM

Master Sergeant

• 892 battles
I feel like this event catered to the more skilled players so I am not doing the event I tried for a bit but honestly ships right now is a lot more fun with the submarines and I think they should of had a event like this but made it for a week and make it a good mission like destroy 30 planes In any number of battles not the top 11.Besides that good luck to those who make to the top 11 and honestly I hope you guys can make a good Halloween event this mission is not for me so ill pass.

Bobby_Tables #28 Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4145 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostblindfoId, on 31 October 2018 - 04:37 AM, said:

This event is not in-game or server side event, this is a kind of activity organized from the side of the Community team (me in particular), that is why there's no progress shown in the client. This kind of events is quite common for CIS and is sort of a test flight here. If you like them on the whole there's a chance to have more of the like activities. Of course, with the different conditions and prizes. I would be really grateful for your feedback to make any further events better. :honoring:

Events for Gold rewards are key IMHO.  Let the winners choose which premiums they want to purchase with their hard-earned Gold.  That was the way of community events in the past.  

I don't mind the top X players for planes.  It's a challenge, sure, but if people really want the reward, they will grind.  As said here before, things like the Venom, well... that's a pretty lame plane to do an incredible grind in order to win.  Now, 5,000 Gold to the top player with diminishing Gold as you go down lower is pretty sweet.  

I remember one GhostPrime put on where it was a top number of Ground Targets destroyed in a period of time and the winner got, like 5,000 Gold and the other 4 runners up got like 3,000 Gold. 

I think a Bomber vs. Bomber-Killer community event similar to that might encourage a certain element to play big or go home.  Say like Ground Targets destroyed for bombers and number of bombers shot down for heavy/multi/fighters with Gold rewards for the top 5 of each.  That would make an interesting dynamic.  The Gold should be significant.  Say, like 5,000 for #1 and no less than 2,000 for #5 to give a good incentive.  Gold costs WG nothing.  That more players might play and spend real $ on upgrades or Gold Ammo would probably offset the trinkets thrown at the event.  

[To clarify:  Bombers:  Top 5 of destroyed Ground Targets get Gold, with 5,000 for #1 and lesser Gold for 2-5.  Bomber-Killers:  Destroy the most number of bombers in any Heavy/Multi/Fighter (and any combo thereof) with 5,000 for #1 and lesser Gold for 2-5.]  So in other words, a Bomber-Killer could play any combo of planes designated as Bomber-Killer and just the end result number of bombers killed would count.  No specifying which planes qualify except for maybe Tier 4+ as per usual.  Same goes for the bombers, any combination of bombers as long as they are, for example T4+, it just counts the number of Ground Targets destroyed.  

Just my $.02.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 01 November 2018 - 03:07 AM.

Perrigrino #29 Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3535 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCenotaph, on 31 October 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Less events that involve a ton of grind, and only pay out a few people... more events that are rewarding to EVERYONE who puts the effort in.

Every time you guys make a stupid grind-fest event... I find something else to play.

And you guys seem to be cramming grind fests down our throats lately... so, yeah... if you can't stop doing that, you need to stop making them only pay out 10-30 people.

Figure out a way to reward the people that tolerate your questionable development choices.

exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

Also, compared to other titles, in particular Ships, the missions and rewards are astounding compared to the measly stingy offerings here. Finally. after my initial attempt at this event I was up tiered 5 times by MM. Normally I switch around so MM is a bit more fair, but after being up tiered so many times in a row, and having team balance skewed, don't think I want anymore of this... not FUN, not balanced, but very good for soviet humour.

blindfoId #30 Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

The event is over and it's time to announce the winners.

Period I (Hawker Demon, Fairey Fantome)

Period II (Supermarine Spitfire I, Chance-Vought F4U-4 Corsair)

Period III (Chance-Vought XF5U Pancake, McDonnell F2H Banshee )

A lot of prizes remained vacant wating for their winners. Despite the concers of impossibility to get into the top 11, you had a decent chance to win. 

I thank all participants for being active! Your prizes will be added to your accounts within the two day timeframe. :medal:

Captain_Underpants53 #31 Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:12 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13740 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

Grats to the winners!  I know many of you and am quite surprised........{just kidding)..........I mean, I knew you could do it! 

:teethhappy:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Grantwhy #32 Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3320 battles
  • [-GCR-] -GCR-

View PostblindfoId, on 05 November 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

A lot of prizes remained vacant wating for their winners. Despite the concers of impossibility to get into the top 11, you had a decent chance to win. 

I thank all participants for being active! Your prizes will be added to your accounts within the two day timeframe. :medal:

Thank you :honoring:

Master_Cylinder #33 Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

Underpants, we still love you you old turd

thank Blindfold, I wasnt even trying because I did not this there was a chance in hell of making it

now that was my number two plane, if you want to to do a multiroll rocket kill contest I will use my number one plane!!!!!

Yeh Baby!!!!

Cats watch out the Cylender is in the house

blindfoId #34 Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

We are checking the information once again, please be informed that the winner list for the Period II may slightly be changed. 

upd. Lists were edited!

toshiaki_virgin #35 Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2111 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 05 November 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

We are checking the information once again, please be informed that the winner list for the Period II may slightly be changed. 

upd. Lists were edited!

thank you for checking, update.

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #36 Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3857 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

Edited by HANNIBAL_LECTER_1, 05 November 2018 - 05:45 PM.

Cenotaph #37 Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2960 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
That moment when they can't even give away all the prizes... because people are so sick of the game they never even bothered trying.
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

trikke #38 Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2426 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

omg...  greenbay and Rei just freakin' shanked the rest of us       doubled the nearest competition 

fantastic job, guys!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

GonerNL #39 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 722 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 05 November 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

That moment when they can't even give away all the prizes... because people are so sick of the game they never even bothered trying.

Hey didn't you read it ; "you had a decent chance to win despite concerns" ... ?

I didn't even have time to fly the 30 battles to qualify ... I must be doing something wrong here. But, looking at the lists (only one with all 11 spots filled) I wasn't the only one.

Edited by GonerNL, 06 November 2018 - 01:54 PM.

Flying on EU and NA server

StoptheViolins #40 Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1980 battles

Let me guess the planes use:

T III - Pancake

T II - Spitfire I

T I - Fantome - but for once I am not sure... 20mm vs bullet shower at T4 is hard to sort.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users