Consumables: when consumed?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

HarryVoyager #1 Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:16 AM

Master Sergeant

• 285 battles

So just starting to load consumables and trying to understand when they get consumed. Right now I was thinking that fire extinguishers get consumed when used, but when I burned one today that didn't seem to happen. Did I just miss an auto-resupply, or are some consumables really multi-use equipment?

Was just thinking is the engine boost cooldown reducer was persistent, that would rather alter my loadouts. 

LMG #2 Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

There are two types of Consumables, Actives and Passives. Active Consumables are the ones you need to press a button to activate, like those Fire Extinguishers you mentioned. They run on a cooldown, so when used you'll have to wait for them to recharge to use again, but aside of that they have infinite uses in a single match. Passive Consumables are always active during a battle, like Universal Ammunition for your guns. They don't run out at any point of the battle nor do they have a cooldown.

Active Consumables are "consumed" at the end of a battle if you activated them at some point, while Passive Consumables will always need to be resupplied after a battle as they're activated right at the start of the match. Once the battle is over, any consumables you've "consumed" will be automatically repurchased unless you have another one available in your depot, so be careful when mounting gold consumables! :amazed:

Edited by LMG, 27 October 2018 - 08:26 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

Captain

• 24074 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I have noticed that there is no 4, 5, or 6 key assignable to consumables on some planes.  When did this get borked?

:unsure:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #4 Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:17 PM

Captain

• 3626 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

and... one plane has boost cooldown on key 2, another has it on key 3

and my fav p-38F has it on key 4

that had to have been coded that way on purpose, for some silly reason 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

LMG #5 Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 27 October 2018 - 04:16 AM, said:

I have noticed that there is no 4, 5, or 6 key assignable to consumables on some planes.  When did this get borked?

:unsure:

View Posttrikke, on 27 October 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

and... one plane has boost cooldown on key 2, another has it on key 3

and my fav p-38F has it on key 4

that had to have been coded that way on purpose, for some silly reason 

Yup, remember that before 2.0.5 we only had 3 consumables per plane. Now not only do we get more around mid-tiers, you can't manually set to which key each consumable is tied to because it's a pre-determined order that changes depending on how many things you carry with you. It looks like they decided to program it "the easy way" instead of trying to figure out how to make it comfortable :(

BB3_Oregon_Steel #6 Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1307 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostLMG, on 27 October 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

There are two types of Consumables, Actives and Passives. Active Consumables are the ones you need to press a button to activate, like those Fire Extinguishers you mentioned. They run on a cooldown, so when used you'll have to wait for them to recharge to use again, but aside of that they have infinite uses in a single match. Passive Consumables are always active during a battle, like Universal Ammunition for your guns. They don't run out at any point of the battle nor do they have a cooldown.

Active Consumables are "consumed" at the end of a battle if you activated them at some point, while Passive Consumables will always need to be resupplied after a battle as they're activated right at the start of the match. Once the battle is over, any consumables you've "consumed" will be automatically repurchased unless you have another one available in your depot, so be careful when mounting gold consumables! :amazed:

So, if it's an active consumable and you don't end up activating it, you get to keep it?  

Cool.  Wish it worked that way in WOWS.  

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

LMG #7 Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 30 October 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

So, if it's an active consumable and you don't end up activating it, you get to keep it?  

Cool.  Wish it worked that way in WOWS.  

At least it used to be like that, not sure if it's still the same considering the rework to Equipment and Consumables we got with 2.0.5 :sceptic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users