Why does the American Tech tree lack so many good planes?

Dive Bombers Bombers fighters multi roll fighters heavy fighters

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Does the American Tech Tree lack planes (31 members have cast votes)

Do you thing the American Tech tree needs more planes?

1. YES (29 votes [93.55%])

Percentage of vote: 93.55%

2. NO (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

GonerNL #41 Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 890 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 03 December 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Unless they have changed something since I last tried it, no dive bombing capability. 

Yep.

Tried it ... the aiming circle actually appears on the terrain in a steep dive, but is always red (no bombing). 

Any bombers beside the Pe-2 that can dive-bomb ? Or only possible with heavies like Beaufighter etc ? Tried it with some GA, but they're just too slow and clumsy for the job, you need to be fast.

Flying on NA and EU servers

Captain_Underpants53 #42 Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18221 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I think maybe the Ar-2 can but I am not sure.  It's a technique I don't often use.  :unsure:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GonerNL #43 Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 890 battles
Dive-bombing probably doesn't work with bombers carrying bombs in bomb-bay, I now realize ... only with outboard (under wing or fuselage) bombs. 
Flying on NA and EU servers

TanksMckenzie #44 Posted 07 April 2019 - 02:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 109 battles

People, I haven't been here in a while...due to 'business elsewhere'. But I am reading your article on 'W.o.Wp's U.S. aircraft tech tree, & its lacking of combat aircraft. To be honest, I'm in total agreement with you...This tech tree, & the others in general, need a big kick in their rear-ends...a serious one to be precise.

When I mean 'business elsewhere'...& take note that I'm not a betrayer of 'anything'...I've been in another game for at least four years (going on five!)…& that game is 'War Thunder'. Now, I'm what you call one nasty combat pilot...with a lot of experience ripping opposing players apart, amongst other stuff. What I got from 'War Thunder', I apply here...every chance I get. And I see that game's aircraft tech trees...& there's only one description of them: Massive...& getting bigger with every update. The U.S. aircraft tech tree needs more aircraft...bombers, fighters, attackers, flying boats. All types, all sizes, all capabilities. It's not just the Grumman F6F Hellcats you need, but a whole slew of them...& I mean "whole".

Think about these to be considered: Curtiss-Wright's SB2C Helldiver (a.k.a.: 'The Beast'), Douglas TBD Devastator (the 1st carrier-based monoplane), Douglas A-20 Havoc, North American's B-25 Mitchell, Republic's P-47D Thunderbolt (with bubble-type canopy), Northrop's P-61 'Black Widow' night fighter, with SCR-720 radar (oh, night-fights would never be the same!), Martin's B-26 Marauder ('The Flying Prostitute' or 'Widowmaker'), Vought-Sikorsky's SB2U 'Vindicator' (known to some as 'The Vibrator'...don't ask why!), Consolidated's PBY Catalina ('The Flying Dumbo', 'P-Boat', 'Pig Boat'...etc.), Martin's PBM Mariner ('The Flying Gas Tank'), Boeing's B-29 Superfortress ('Japan's Worst Nightmare'...& you know why!)…& there's a whole lot of jets as well that flew through the Korean War, Cold War, & Vietnam.

Consider these to be only a small list of planes needed for the game (if you can call it 'a small list', that is!)...because there's a lot of historical information on the U.S.A's military aviation heritage just sitting there...waiting to be studied by the game's creators. All they have to do is look it up...& come up with some ideas for expansion. As the saying goes: "You Can Never Rest On Your Laurels!!!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users