How 575 gold cost WG $40

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Greg_Pattinson #1 Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15751 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I was on the fence about whether or not I should buy the Dunkirk pilots.  The deciding factor came down to how WG treats its customers and I do mean paying customers not players.  I do not have the spitfire 1a or the Bf109 e3 so I would have had to buy the whole package for $40.  I previously bought the female pilots and was happy with that purchase so this morning when I saw the Dunkirk pilots go on sale I considered buying them too.  When I looked at the skills and the fact that they are only effective in those planes I wasn't sure.  What made me decide against it was the last purchase I made in the premium shop and how I was treated by WG.  

The last plane I purchased was the LBSh.  I paid full price for it in the premium shop with real money.  The very next day there was an announcement that all Russian GA`s would be on sale on the weekend the LBSh would be 50% off.  I don`t know how things work in Russia but in North America if you buy something from any reputable store (take Walmart for example) and it goes on sale that soon after you can simply bring in your receipt and get a cash refund for the difference.  I expected WG to be a respectable company so I sent in a ticket to support explaining my issue not thinking it would be a problem.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  I was even very reasonable about the whole thing.  I didn't even ask for the difference to be refunded.  I was only asking for store credit or just the gold value of the difference.  The LBSh is usually 1150 gold so the difference would have been 575 gold.  After several messages back and forth nothing was resolved they just kept citing the EULA.  I even asked to be directed to a manager because I know of someone else who had a similar issue with the seafang that did get resolved.  

I was really upset about how I was treated at the time.  The only thing that kept me from going to war thunder was I sent a message on discord to sonicpariah, eekeeboo, and Priola.  Sonic got back to me and said that he would look into it and see what can be done.  Now that he is gone nothing is being done.  For as much as WG cites the EULA it is NOT an agreement it is merely terms of service.  For it to be an agreement there would have to be some sort of discussion between players and WG to come up with terms that are agreeable and beneficial to BOTH parties.  Terms of service on the other hand are policies that WG puts in place and says either take it or don't play.  WG is the only one that benefits from those terms.  

I sent in another support ticket today.  The old ticket was closed but I just wanted to let WG know that their policies and for the sake of 575 gold that wouldn't cost them anything it just cost them $40 of real money.  I could care less about the money.  I only paid $10 so the difference would be $5.  I waste that on a lottery ticket.  Oops I lost, oh well.  What I do care about is the principal.  If WG isn't going to act ethically on small purchases than what is to say they will on large ones?  That's why I didn't buy the Dunkirk pilots today and that is what will be a factor in any potential purchase I make in the future.  I will still play WOWP but I will not be inclined to pay for it as long as that is how WG treats its customers.

Edited by Greg_Pattinson, 22 October 2018 - 09:12 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:20 AM

Captain

• 21506 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostGreg_Pattinson, on 22 October 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

I was on the fence about whether or not I should buy the Dunkirk pilots.  The deciding factor came down to how WG treats its customers and I do mean paying customers not players.  I do not have the spitfire 1a or the Bf109 e3 so I would have had to buy the whole package for $40.  I previously bought the female pilots and was happy with that purchase so this morning when I saw the Dunkirk pilots go on sale I considered buying them too.  When I looked at the skills and the fact that they are only effective in those planes I wasn't sure.  What made me decide against it was the last purchase I made in the premium shop and how I was treated by WG.  

The last plane I purchased was the LBSh.  I paid full price for it in the premium shop with real money.  The very next day there was an announcement that all Russian GA`s would be on sale on the weekend the LBSh would be 50% off.  I don`t know how things work in Russia but in North America if you buy something from any reputable store (take Walmart for example) and it goes on sale that soon after you can simply bring in your receipt and get a cash refund for the difference.  I expected WG to be a respectable company so I sent in a ticket to support explaining my issue not thinking it would be a problem.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  I was even very reasonable about the whole thing.  I didn't even ask for the difference to be refunded.  I was only asking for store credit or just the gold value of the difference.  The LBSh is usually 1150 gold so the difference would have been 575 gold.  After several messages back and forth nothing was resolved they just kept citing the EULA.  I even asked to be directed to a manager because I know of someone else who had a similar issue with the seafang that did get resolved.  

I was really upset about how I was treated at the time.  The only thing that kept me from going to war thunder was I sent a message on discord to sonicpariah, eekeeboo, and Priola.  Sonic got back to me and said that he would look into it and see what can be done.  Now that he is gone nothing is being done.  For as much as WG cites the EULA it is NOT an agreement it is merely terms of service.  For it to be an agreement there would have to be some sort of discussion between players and WG to come up with terms that are agreeable and beneficial to BOTH parties.  Terms of service on the other hand are policies that WG puts in place and says either take it or don't play.  WG is the only one that benefits from those terms.  

I sent in another support ticket today.  The old ticket was closed but I just wanted to let WG know that their policies and for the sake of 575 gold that wouldn't cost them anything it just cost them $40 of real money.  I could care less about the money.  I only paid $10 so the difference would be $5.  I waste that on a lottery ticket.  Oops I lost, oh well.  What I do care about is the principal.  If WG isn't going to act ethically on small purchases than what is to say they will on large ones?  That's why I didn't buy the Dunkirk pilots today and that is what will be a factor in any potential purchase I make in the future.  I will still play WOWP but I will not be inclined to pay for it as long as that is how WG treats its customers.

Well said.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

no_habla_ingles #3 Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4975 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Bravo

EZP_MRKARP #4 Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7616 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
who and why would anyone spend money on this any more

The_Wild_Weasel #5 Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1928 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostEZP_MRKARP, on 23 October 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

who and why would anyone spend money on this any more

I still do, and should have my head checked for it....

bottom line ..WG is "milking" the last few hundred players .... of $$$$$ ....

W_W

Cherry_Pepsi #6 Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:28 AM

Senior Airman

• 1246 battles
  • [FLYBY] FLYBY
I would't pay a dime to get anything in this game until some of the basic issues are fixed. But as they say, "A fool and his money is easily parted." Lots of fools out there paying for this. 

Noreaga #7 Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:24 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCherry_Pepsi, on 16 April 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

I would't pay a dime to get anything in this game until some of the basic issues are fixed. But as they say, "A fool and his money is easily parted." Lots of fools out there paying for this. 

no comment on the topic at hand, havent put money into this game since near release.

I do have to say your name is awesome!!

Nimis obnoxii curare

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users