Just to clarify

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

GATER2 #1 Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:57 AM

Airman Basic

• 258 battles

Hello to all

1st time posting on WoWP, only been playing for a couple of weeks and enjoying it.

I was just reading somewhere about proper etiquette in game, to re-cap, at the end of most battles i would quickly try and type "GG" to signify a Good Game played.

After reading another post, it came to my attention i may have been implying something like "Get Good", which seems like you're having a go at the players on your team etc, this is not what i meant at all.

Could someone please clarify this Chat talk abbreviations for me, thank you. (I am a NOOB!)

I have had good games where i was down on points and have came back to take victory and vice versa, missing out on victory by one point SUCKED BIG TIME, so in kind i would type "gg"(good game) at games end.

I hope i have not upset anyone in doing this and would like to continue to play with like minded people. 

Until next time in the skies, fly on!

:)

Dru83 #2 Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2933 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
gg means good game. Nothing else. I type it at the end of just about every match where I've had fun fights with humans on the other team regardless of whether I win or lose. I will often single out players on a losing team who have kicked butt by saying their name after the gg. Because I like to acknowledge those poor guys who have 10k plus personal points when the rest of their team wimped out. Sometimes when the people on the other team didn't do that well, but I still want to show them respect, I'll send them a salute instead; I usually use <o.

GATER2 #3 Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:21 AM

Airman Basic

• 258 battles

Phew

Thank you for that

:honoring:

FlakValleyExpress #4 Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• 55 battles
doing "l2p" (learn to play) is even worse. I think you heart is in the right place OP. See you in the sky. :honoring:

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17077 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
GG has always meant 'good game' to me.  But I did have a guy (from Taiwan) who used Google Translate and he said it came back as 'leave or die'.  LOL
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

jack_wdw #6 Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1733 battles
good game... and just ignore salty bastards

Booze_Morgan #7 Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 377 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
I always thought when you typed it to your team, not to all, it meant good going.

Cenotaph #8 Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

GG generally stands for Good Game...

Tho I personally find it fairly offensive to say (or be on the receiving end of) after a complete face-roll game...

800-300... no, it wasn't a "Good game"... especially if you have more points than the bottom 6 people (or bots) on your team combined.

In those cases, a quick o7 (or your personal version of a salute) and carry on...

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Shizzywiznut #9 Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5724 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 18 October 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Tho I personally find it fairly offensive to say (or be on the receiving end of) after a complete face-roll game...

800-300... no, it wasn't a "Good game"... especially if you have more points than the bottom 6 people (or bots) on your team combined.

In those cases, a quick o7 (or your personal version of a salute) and carry on...

Agreed

comtedumas #10 Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6401 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostGATER2, on 18 October 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Hello to all

1st time posting on WoWP, only been playing for a couple of weeks and enjoying it.

I was just reading somewhere about proper etiquette in game, to re-cap, at the end of most battles i would quickly try and type "GG" to signify a Good Game played.

After reading another post, it came to my attention i may have been implying something like "Get Good", which seems like you're having a go at the players on your team etc, this is not what i meant at all.

Could someone please clarify this Chat talk abbreviations for me, thank you. (I am a NOOB!)

I have had good games where i was down on points and have came back to take victory and vice versa, missing out on victory by one point SUCKED BIG TIME, so in kind i would type "gg"(good game) at games end.

I hope i have not upset anyone in doing this and would like to continue to play with like minded people. 

Until next time in the skies, fly on!

:)

gg means good game.  

trikke #11 Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2804 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCenotaph, on 18 October 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

oh i know what you're talking about...  i've sent 'gg' a couple of times after we wiped them out, without thinking 

i hope like hell they just ignored it, because i just wasn't thinking

sry

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17077 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View Posttrikke, on 19 October 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

oh i know what you're talking about...  i've sent 'gg' a couple of times after we wiped them out, without thinking 

i hope like hell they just ignored it, because i just wasn't thinking

sry

Oh no!  We know you!  You were rubbing it in!

But seriously, I do it a lot and don't worry about it.  Some folks are going to get upset with anything you send, especially after a disaster of a game.  Their problem, not yours or mine.

:amazed:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

MinkeWhale #13 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• 876 battles
I like to type "gg close" after my team gets rolled. Otherwise I reserve gg to close games win or lose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users