While watching videos, I saw something interesting.

target info tags

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #1 Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

Major

• 5150 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I saw a person who toggled the target info on and off instead of key and hold.  So, you get all the info if you press and hold down the left ALT button (default setting, IIRC),   Is there a setting where I can toggle it on/off?  Sometimes, I like to have the info while in transit between sectors, and would like to have it on until I need a clear HUD.

I think leaving it on all the time would be info overload, so I'd rather not do that.  But being able to toggle it would be nice.

blindfoId #2 Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

If I understand your question correctly, we do have such a function.

Settings -> Controls -> All Controls -> Battle Interface -> Alternative Interface Mode -> Click on LAlt -> Press the key

Spoiler

CorvusCorvax #3 Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:11 PM

Major

• 5150 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Thank you.  I did not try to reassign the key, so I did not know about this daughter box.

trikke #4 Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:50 PM

Major

• 5178 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i see our friend SpiritFox flicking back and forth between them at 1000 fps for some reason 

i just leave it on alt all the time, but i do turn it off from time to time

i make my choice of target by whatever is closest, and alt int gives me that

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

CorvusCorvax #5 Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:42 AM

Major

• 5150 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
LOL, I noticed that, too.  That and the constant watching of nearby air traffic with the free-look camera.  Makes me nuts.  I can tell if they are going to target me if they point their nose in my direction.  Minimap.  :)  But selecting the target based on remaining hit points and pilot is a good thing.

CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:29 AM

Major

• 5150 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostblindfoId, on 17 October 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

If I understand your question correctly, we do have such a function.

Settings -> Controls -> All Controls -> Battle Interface -> Alternative Interface Mode -> Click on LAlt -> Press the key

Spoiler

Here's a weird thing that just happened - it won't let me click on that field.  In other words, I cannot change the behavior of my LAlt button.

Xr901 #7 Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6152 battles
Yeah, reset it so that you can toggle between the regular and alternate interfaces using alt instead of having to press and hold. You can also modify some of the interface to change what data is shown in each of the display modes (altimeter, bank indicator etc,). I spend the majority of my time in the alternative interface, although i toggle back and forth a couple times a minute to get the direction indicators in the minimap. 

I will say though, there is some suspicion among people I know that the spawn bug that will sometimes spawn you at the default spawn point instead of the alternate airfield that you have selected, is caused by being in the alternate interface when you spawn.

trikke #8 Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:25 AM

Major

• 5178 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 18 October 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

Here's a weird thing that just happened - it won't let me click on that field.  In other words, I cannot change the behavior of my LAlt button.

it's been so long since i've done it...  could it be a right click?

but surely you've tried that already 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

GonerNL #9 Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1769 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 18 October 2018 - 05:29 AM, said:

You mean you can not select or deselect the 2 radio-buttons (Press or Hold) ??

I have it assigned to a button on my joystick and it works like a charm.

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

CorvusCorvax #10 Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:21 PM

Major

• 5150 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGonerNL, on 18 October 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

You mean you can not select or deselect the 2 radio-buttons (Press or Hold) ??

I have it assigned to a button on my joystick and it works like a charm.

That is correct.  Right click or left click will not allow me to select the LAlt field.  I wish blindfold could tell me if the developers are ever going to consider going back to the UI we had in 1.x.  You could really customize your display.

ShoeButton #11 Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5181 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostXr901, on 17 October 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

I will say though, there is some suspicion among people I know that the spawn bug that will sometimes spawn you at the default spawn point instead of the alternate airfield that you have selected, is caused by being in the alternate interface when you spawn.

I've been running into This Issue/Bug in most every match. However I do Not believe it is connected to use of the Alternate Interface as currently I haven't set a Toggle for it, and I'm Positive that I've Not been in Alt Interface when the Bug kicks me back to the Initial Spawn instead of the Perfectly Viable Forward Airbase that I selected Seconds (Or Less) before... I find it Bloody Maddening to say the Very Least! At the Worst this BUG Has Cost me Numerous Victories in closely contested matches!!!

Edit: AND Dont Even Get Me Started on the EVER Stupid Battle Button!!!

Regards,

-ShoeButton

Edited by ShoeButton, 19 October 2018 - 09:24 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:33 PM

Major

• 34722 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostShoeButton, on 19 October 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

I've been running into This Issue/Bug in most every match. However I do Not believe it is connected to use of the Alternate Interface as currently I haven't set a Toggle for it, and I'm Positive that I've Not been in Alt Interface when the Bug kicks me back to the Initial Spawn instead of the Perfectly Viable Forward Airbase that I selected Seconds (Or Less) before... I find it Bloody Maddening to say the Very Least! At the Worst this BUG Has Cost me Numerous Victories in closely contested matches!!!

Edit: AND Dont Even Get Me Started on the EVER Stupid Battle Button!!!

Regards,

-ShoeButton

I have had the same exact issue.  I thought I must be imagining things and didn't really select the airfield.  It is another aggravation.

:facepalm:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

ShoeButton #13 Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• 5181 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 19 October 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

I have had the same exact issue.  I thought I must be imagining things and didn't really select the airfield.  It is another aggravation.

:facepalm:

Oh Not At All... It's not your Imagination.

I've taken to Specifically Holding my "Clickity, Clicketty Bloody CLICKATTY" of the Battle Button for One Final Check of my Selected Airfield, Before beginning my Spastic Clicking of said Button...

And even so, on some occasions it still manages to Stuff me back at the Spawn Point before the Fabulous Battle Button accepts my Maddened Clicking...

Regards,

-ShoeButton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users