Gave WOWP Another Shot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rosebud #1 Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

I gave it another shot. For anyone who knows how long I've been here, my time in game speaks for itself. I left after 2.0 because the game turned into Wack-A-Mole. I returned to give it a fair chance. I thought maybe I could enjoy it as much as before...I was dead wrong. It is still Wack-A-Mole. The game I beta tested has deteriorated into some chaotic, unstructured, stratigicless, tacticless mess. A worthless every man for himself, clueless, Snipe hunt. Planes attributes are watered down to mediocrity. Personal heroics are superseded by computer controlled team majority. HUD's lack vital information. Altitude makes no difference.

Any idiot can hop on this game and perform at a expectable level. What was once a game that took commitment, is now mastered in minutes.

It used to be that some players in this game were feared. Now you fly around nonchalantly knocking off drones, heedless. It used to be you checked the opposing rosters to determine if your opponent warranted special attention. Now if you get killed, so what, respawn. This used to be a game that forced you to respect players of greater ability. Now you can just avoid them. This game used to make my heart pound. Now its no more exciting then a cup of coffee in the morning.

If you like this game in its new format, that great, enjoy. I for one find it a sad shadow of its former self. A bucket of white paste. Not worth the effort to log into. A pale ghost of its former self. A downgrade from chess to tic-tack-toe. A pathetic, degraded, monument to incompetent management. Goodbye, so long, adios,  see ya late alligator, ta-ta, bye bye, I won't let the door hit me in the butt as I delete. Thank you WG for a great game and screw you WG for taking it away.

Edited by Rosebud, 13 October 2018 - 04:51 AM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:06 AM

Captain

• 1220 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostRosebud, on 12 October 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

I gave it another shot. For anyone who knows how long I've been here, my time in game speaks for itself. I left after 2.0 because the game turned into Wack-A-Mole. I returned to give it a fair chance. I thought maybe I could enjoy it as much as before...I was dead wrong. It is still Wack-A-Mole. The game I beta tested has deteriorated into some chaotic, unstructured, stratigicless, tacticless mess. A worthless every man for himself, clueless, Snipe hunt. Planes attributes are watered down to mediocrity. Personal heroics are superseded by computer controlled team majority. HUD's lack vital information. Altitude makes no difference.

Any idiot can hop on this game and perform at a expectable level. What was once a game that took commitment, is now mastered in minutes.

It used to be that some players in this game were feared. Now you fly around nonchalantly knocking off drones, heedless. It used to be you checked the opposing rosters to determine if your opponent warranted special attention. Now if you get killed, so what, respawn. This used to be a game that forced you to respect players of greater ability. Now you can just avoid them. This game used to make my heart pound. Now its no more exciting then a cup of coffee in the morning.

If you like this game in its new format, that great, enjoy. I for one find it a sad shadow of its former self. A bucket of white paste. Not worth the effort to log into. A pale ghost of its former self. A downgrade from chess to tic-tack-toe. A pathetic, degraded, monument to incompetent management. Goodbye, so long, adios,  see ya late alligator, ta-ta, bye bye, I won't let the door hit me in the butt as I delete. Thank you WG for a great game and screw you WG for taking it away.

yes rosebud... we got a tic tac toe version of what was once a pretty damn good game...

oh well... crap sometimes floats to the top...

and it did... so we see

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:46 PM

Captain

• 616 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Please, stick around to play the forum game!

We need more variety.:)

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

trikke #4 Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

Captain

• 3633 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

hey Rosebud!  so good to see you...

you've been missed, brother  

this game is no challenge for you now, because you've always been a fantastic pilot...  but speaking for myself and others, we still struggle almost every battle 

please consider coming in and volunteering to help some of the new guys from Steam who are also struggling with learning to fly?

there's a free wowp Discord channel now, it's so easy to voice comm up now with a stranger new-friend-that-you-haven't-met-yet

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Rosebud #5 Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
Thank you for the kind words, but I can not stand this game now. It used to be that I could control a game and pull victory from defeat against terrible odds. I knew that if I left an opponent with superior skills on the field, that he/she could do the same. This...this mess isn't what I signed up for. I miss the players, I miss the old game, I miss the challenge, I miss the forum and I'm sick about leaving it. This crap they turned the game into isn't worth anyone's time. I have deleted it and do not foresee any return to it on my part. I bare no one who enjoys it any malice, enjoy. Good luck and fair winds..."This is Rosebud signing off."   <o

trikke #6 Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

Captain

• 3633 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

you were missed...  and we'll continue to miss you

please stop in to say hi every once in a while?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:54 PM

Captain

• 1220 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostRosebud, on 13 October 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

Thank you for the kind words, but I can not stand this game now. It used to be that I could control a game and pull victory from defeat against terrible odds. I knew that if I left an opponent with superior skills on the field, that he/she could do the same. This...this mess isn't what I signed up for. I miss the players, I miss the old game, I miss the challenge, I miss the forum and I'm sick about leaving it. This crap they turned the game into isn't worth anyone's time. I have deleted it and do not foresee any return to it on my part. I bare no one who enjoys it any malice, enjoy. Good luck and fair winds..."This is Rosebud signing off."   <o

Title should be:

Played World of Warplanes and Needed a Shot

and then quickly went to my control panel/delete programs/wowp

:amazed:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users