Jump to content


pilot skill 'marksman two' has a special ingredient


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

trikke #1 Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2276 battles
  • 1,836
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

i have marksman two on almost every pilot that i own, but that super-auto-aim feature of MM2 seems a little hard to use

 

it happens to me in many almost every battle...  a guy that can't outturn me kills me anyway, and his plane was headed thisaway and i was headed thataway

 

there's no way that he hit me, so did he use the auto aim capability somehow?   how can i use it too?

 

should i just be spray-praying more, instead of carefully aiming?     believe me, i spray-pray a lot, but that doesn't really seem to accomplish anything

 

are you like me?  do you believe that should be removed, just because of the optics of sanctioned auto aim makes the game look hacked to new folks?

 

WG could easily replace it with another shooting-related benefit, like 5% harder hitting punch?

 

 


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

ComradeZ #2 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:45 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3310 battles
  • 220
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

As a cannon user, I know for a fact this game has an aim assist. I seen it happen enough times with the big single shot guys to know it exists.   

 

Also the only time I get popped out of the blue with alpha damage is by people with Ta-152s rigged up like that.



Xr901 #3 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:14 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3352 battles
  • 241
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    07-10-2017
Eekeeboo described the aim assist that applies to planes other than GAAs in todays WoWp stream. It increases the number of hits that planes get on enemies they are shooting in the vicinity of. 

LMG #4 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2060 battles
  • 1,574
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostXr901, on 12 October 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Eekeeboo described the aim assist that applies to planes other than GAAs in todays WoWp stream. It increases the number of hits that planes get on enemies they are shooting in the vicinity of. 

 

While I didn't watch the stream, I recall it being refered to as "a magnet that attracts nearby bullets to your plane". GAAs from my understanding have no aim assist whatsoever, not sure if any bonuses add to it since they're percentage-based, and 5% of 0 is still 0 :(


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

ComradeZ #5 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:11 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3310 battles
  • 220
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostLMG, on 12 October 2018 - 07:22 AM, said:

 

While I didn't watch the stream, I recall it being refered to as "a magnet that attracts nearby bullets to your plane". GAAs from my understanding have no aim assist whatsoever, not sure if any bonuses add to it since they're percentage-based, and 5% of 0 is still 0 :(

 

The German T9 GAA's Bylat-cannon routinely demonstrates this aim assist behavior on ground targets. I know what way I'm pointing / zoomed in, I'll miss the shot on purpose and yet somehow the shell flies off in the right direction. Despite facing two degrees off.  Makes it hard to be a sniper then soon as you get Marksman 2, aiming works slightly differently. Easier to do snap shots without lineup.  Once again this is for GAAs with Bylat-cannons. IE Things over 40mm that fire under 120 rpm.

Edited by ComradeZ, 12 October 2018 - 08:30 AM.


vcharng #6 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:12 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2527 battles
  • 426
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

Does this explain why I got killed head-on by a P51D in my Me 410?

I mean, I have like 150 HP left, and since we approached head-on, the P51D shouldn't have enough firing window to kill me.



trikke #7 Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:10 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2276 battles
  • 1,836
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

would you miss it, if it disappeared for everyone tomorrow?       and was replaced by something less cheaty-looking?

 

it's just too obviously hacky to new folks who haven't been able to work up to it yet...  well, the ones who know about it, anyway, because it's not clearly described 

 

the ones who don't know yet, do know that something's wrong, when one of us splashes him from an oblique angle 

 

what would make a dev decide that was is a good idea to be that obviously shady?   is it more money from pilots who want to use a game-sanctioned hack?

 

bullets that turn corners for money...   that just reeks 

 

what would be a suitable, reasonable replacement?    10% boost to range?  10% boost to damage?   more than 10%?

 

i'm personally not giving up my auto-aim until it's removed/changed, but could it be the reason that 1000 new pilots quit, after they noticed it?   10000?

 

every pilot skill, every enhancement, every upgrade could be a form of game-sponsored hacking, but do other games have anything that's this obviously wrong?


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

El_Mulo #8 Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:52 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9363 battles
  • 391
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

It happened to me a lot of times.  I blame to a lack of synchronicity between what I see and where the enemy plane was in reallity.

IDK.

In 1.9 the sensation was, by far, much more accurate.


What we say to death?

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1486 battles
  • 1,539
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posttrikke, on 12 October 2018 - 02:55 AM, said:

i have marksman two on almost every pilot that i own, but that super-auto-aim feature of MM2 seems a little hard to use

 

it happens to me in many almost every battle...  a guy that can't outturn me kills me anyway, and his plane was headed thisaway and i was headed thataway

 

there's no way that he hit me, so did he use the auto aim capability somehow?   how can i use it too?

 

should i just be spray-praying more, instead of carefully aiming?     believe me, i spray-pray a lot, but that doesn't really seem to accomplish anything

 

are you like me?  do you believe that should be removed, just because of the optics of sanctioned auto aim makes the game look hacked to new folks?

 

WG could easily replace it with another shooting-related benefit, like 5% harder hitting punch?

 

 

 

The shooting oval, where you make multiple head-to-head passes?  I hate those.  But really, about the only thing I can say on this is that head-to-head matchups are the only ones where I see the auto-aim as acting weird.  It seems rather predictable for any other sort of engagement.

 

I do like the non-auto aim on the GAA.  That means when I register a big cannon hit on another aircraft, it was because I did it, not the software.  Very satisfying.  Even more satisfying when that plane is a Spitfire.  :)



nwlxn12 #10 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1408 battles
  • 211
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
I don't think it is the aim assist that is the problem.  Client side processing is.  Has been an issue ever since they first introduced it.

trikke #11 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2276 battles
  • 1,836
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

new folks, do you see the auto-aim feature of the current pilot skill Marksman 2 as a reward for folks that have been here long enough to grind up to, or pay gold to accelerate to:

 

as a state-sanctioned hack-ish cheat?

or a goal to work toward to get for myself?

 

new folks, would you consider staying with the game longer if:

 

the auto-aim was reduced drastically / eliminated

or keep it as it is, giving me a chance to better compete if i can attain MM2?

 

let's see what the new folks have to say?


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

StoptheViolins #12 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1814 battles
  • 956
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
My Hurricane IID has some friendly kills because the auto aim was in discriminatory there for a bit.  I'd shoot at an enemy but a friendly would be near so the bullet would go for the friendly.

LMG #13 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2060 battles
  • 1,574
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 October 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

The shooting oval, where you make multiple head-to-head passes?  I hate those.  But really, about the only thing I can say on this is that head-to-head matchups are the only ones where I see the auto-aim as acting weird.  It seems rather predictable for any other sort of engagement.

 

I do like the non-auto aim on the GAA.  That means when I register a big cannon hit on another aircraft, it was because I did it, not the software.  Very satisfying.  Even more satisfying when that plane is a Spitfire.  :)

 

The issue with no auto-aim on GAAs is that you're even more at the mercy of the game because of random spread. I often miss shots on my Ju 88 P because the cannon pretty much never shoots straight, and that's with +11% accuracy from equipment and both MM skills :ohmy:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users