Clock question.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Booze_Morgan #1 Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 96 battles

My understanding of the clock waiting for battle's time means you have that long for MM to give you an as equal as possible battle. May be wrong there.  If I am right, does that mean as the clock ticks, you are further and further away from an equal battle?  Or does it go directly from best possible to whatever you get when that time is reached?

For example, if the timer says something like 1:15, when my timer hits 1:00 or so, do I get a less equal battle than I would have had I entered a battle at 30 secs?

LMG #2 Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1990 battles

The queue timer is just to show you how long you've been in queue. It's not directly tied to what the matchmaker will make up (or puke out :hiding:). If you wait for more than 1 minute 40 seconds you'll get tossed into a battle vs a team full of bots.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Booze_Morgan #3 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 96 battles

View PostLMG, on 11 October 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

The queue timer is just to show you how long you've been in queue. It's not directly tied to what the matchmaker will make up (or puke out :hiding:). If you wait for more than 1 minute 40 seconds you'll get tossed into a battle vs a team full of bots.

Thanks LMG.

I did read somewhere where how I described it, was that way. Are you sure?

trikke #4 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2260 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

since we've never been expressly told what happens during the queue count up screen, we're just guessing what is going on 

we assume that the MM is patiently waiting for more players to press Play... then it makes plane stew out of what it already has in the refrigerator 

it could mean an unfair matchup the longer it counts, but it's 50/50 if it's going to be unfair to you, or to the red team

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:12 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12591 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
My experience has been that when it starts telling you that most players are on the two tiers below you, that translates as 'we are going to toss your sorry a$$ into a battle with players of a higher tier.'
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Grantwhy #6 Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:43 AM

Senior Airman

• 2804 battles
  • [-GCR-] -GCR-

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 12 October 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

Thanks LMG.

I did read somewhere where how I described it, was that way. Are you sure?

from https://worldofwarpl...s/update-2-0-7/

Block Quote

Matchmaking System

Matchmaker settings have been changed to decrease the Queue time and improve balancing:

• PvE arena will be launched when waiting time exceeds 100 seconds for all game modes.  
  • Aircraft type disbalance no longer leads to increased Queue Time. The Matchmaker will make team compositions equal by adding AI of corresponding aircraft types.
  • AI aircraft tier correlation has been changed. Now 70% of AI are on planes one tier down from the overall tier of the battle.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users