Jump to content


Flight Etiquette

flight etiquette

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:54 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12614 battles
  • 616
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

This is my idea of the right way to request a flight.  I would like to hear the opinions of others.

 

So I get a request for a flight when I get back to the hangar.  OK, I say.  Send request.   And I wait........and wait...........and wait some more.  So finally it occurs to me that the requester could not wait for me to respond and has launched another battle.

 

So I quit waiting.  I would suggest waiting at least 10 minutes after your request to get a response.  Just my nickels worth.

 

:popcorn:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Kingwicked101 #2 Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:05 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5724 battles
  • 151
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    03-05-2014

This is a problem with those that cannot understand in asking one first or willing to wait. 

Then this person must wait for you to respond. 

You then respond and say ... 'Want to flight sure ... give me 10 minutes.'

This way there is a time frame and both can meet up together. 

Works for me.

 


Edited by Kingwicked101, 09 October 2018 - 08:05 PM.


Prenzlau #3 Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5654 battles
  • 479
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 09 October 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

This is my idea of the right way to request a flight.  I would like to hear the opinions of others.

 

So I get a request for a flight when I get back to the hangar.  OK, I say.  Send request.   And I wait........and wait...........and wait some more.  So finally it occurs to me that the requester could not wait for me to respond and has launched another battle.

 

So I quit waiting.  I would suggest waiting at least 10 minutes after your request to get a response.  Just my nickels worth.

 

:popcorn:

 

    Say.... wouldn't it be just easier to use teamspeak or discord and ask for flights that way?

 

Prenzlau


The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

 

 

 


trikke #4 Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2260 battles
  • 1,801
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

yep, it's a problem     

 

i would think that Discord would be the perfect solution, because it's open to all for free, and easy to set up voice comms

 

flighted without comms is better than nothing, but there's no real teamwork unless you can fly and type, and i cannot

 

TS = not free, but my clan is used to it, so...     

 

new folks, apply to a clan and after you're selected, introduce yourself in the various rooms?

 

and maybe just listen for a while before launching into your life history, laugh at some dumb jokes before you tell your own?    

 

these are just a couple of the mistakes i made when i joined RAW, but they did keep me around to sweep and mop 

 

i don't do windows 


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Greg_Pattinson #5 Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7040 battles
  • 106
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018
I guess I'm being rude than.  If I was to ask you for a flight and you did not respond immediately I would join a battle solo too.  I am assuming that you are in a battle and that's why you did not respond.  You could also not respond at all or say no to the flight.  I'm not going to wait for an answer that may never come.  Once you say yes to the flight it would be up to me to wait for you because I'm asking you.  So if you joined a battle because I wasn't immediately available that would be ok.  Once I got out of the battle and saw that you said yes I would send the flight invite and wait until you finished what you were doing.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:53 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12614 battles
  • 616
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostGreg_Pattinson, on 09 October 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

I guess I'm being rude than.  If I was to ask you for a flight and you did not respond immediately I would join a battle solo too.  I am assuming that you are in a battle and that's why you did not respond.  You could also not respond at all or say no to the flight.  I'm not going to wait for an answer that may never come.  Once you say yes to the flight it would be up to me to wait for you because I'm asking you.  So if you joined a battle because I wasn't immediately available that would be ok.  Once I got out of the battle and saw that you said yes I would send the flight invite and wait until you finished what you were doing.

 

That's a sensible alternative.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Wombatmetal #7 Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:33 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 950 battles
  • 903
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

Bear in mind that not everyone has voice coms. I have a bluetooth headset and Discord looks like a phone call, so Windows turns off all other sounds, so if I have my mic on, I can hear in speak in Discord but no sound in the game. If I have my mic off, I can hear in Discord and the Game, but not speak. 

 

Short of Discord or Windows fixing their code, and me changing my setup,  I won't have comms for foreseeable  future. My problem entirely, but Discord is not a universal solution. 


Edited by Wombatmetal, 10 October 2018 - 01:33 AM.


pyantoryng #8 Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:16 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles
  • 8,240
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWombatmetal, on 10 October 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

Bear in mind that not everyone has voice coms or wants to use it. I have a bluetooth headset and Discord looks like a phone call, so Windows turns off all other sounds, so if I have my mic on, I can hear in speak in Discord but no sound in the game. If I have my mic off, I can hear in Discord and the Game, but not speak. 

 

Short of Discord or Windows fixing their code, and me changing my setup,  I won't have comms for foreseeable  future. My problem entirely, but Discord is not a universal solution. 

 

FTFY.

 

I guess I learned to type on the fly because of that...that or I already type fast...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

trikke #9 Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2260 battles
  • 1,801
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWombatmetal, on 09 October 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

Bear in mind that not everyone has voice coms. I have a bluetooth headset and Discord looks like a phone call, so Windows turns off all other sounds, so if I have my mic on, I can hear in speak in Discord but no sound in the game. If I have my mic off, I can hear in Discord and the Game, but not speak. 

 

Short of Discord or Windows fixing their code, and me changing my setup,  I won't have comms for foreseeable  future. My problem entirely, but Discord is not a universal solution. 

 

i had an identical issue with discord, and helpful helpers help me fix it

 

does your setup work in teamspeak?       are there any helpful discord helpers here?      

 

let me first ask...  do you want help with it?    


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Zigfreid #10 Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:45 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 8595 battles
  • 1,465
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    07-31-2013

View PostPrenzlau, on 09 October 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

 

    Say.... wouldn't it be just easier to use teamspeak or discord and ask for flights that way?

 

Prenzlau

 

Naw he is the guy that told you he does not flight with anyone and he is a loner.

He's also the guy who quit his clan because they wanted him to join discord.

He's also the guy that flames pilots when they try to make friends with him.

So that makes him an angry guy who hates people, flights, comms, and quits clans.

So now he is lost confused and still no friends and trying to figure out invites with no luck! lol



Prenzlau #11 Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:26 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5654 battles
  • 479
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View PostZigfreid, on 09 October 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

 

Naw he is the guy that told you he does not flight with anyone and he is a loner.

He's also the guy who quit his clan because they wanted him to join discord.

He's also the guy that flames pilots when they try to make friends with him.

So that makes him an angry guy who hates people, flights, comms, and quits clans.

So now he is lost confused and still no friends and trying to figure out invites with no luck! lol

 

    What? Underpants is THAT GUY? Talk about being anti-social. A bomber pilot should always be friendly and using teamspeak or discord only makes playing bombers with friends so much easier. He does seem a bit cynical. He is lucky the Hole in the wall crew took him in. I hope they know what they are getting?

 

Prenzlau


The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

 

 

 


Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:01 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12614 battles
  • 616
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

Troll away

 

:child:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bobby_Tables #13 Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:43 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3612 battles
  • 1,156
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

Gotta agree with Major Undergarments, the troll was weak on this thread.

 

Come heavy or don't come at all.  



Wombatmetal #14 Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:58 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 950 battles
  • 903
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View Posttrikke, on 09 October 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

 

i had an identical issue with discord, and helpful helpers help me fix it

 

does your setup work in teamspeak?       are there any helpful discord helpers here?      

 

let me first ask...  do you want help with it?    

 

I would love to get it fixed. 

trikke #15 Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:33 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2260 battles
  • 1,801
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

i know so little about discord, other than i love that name

 

tell us what time period that you're usually online, and will someone volunteer to do some basic troubleshooting with our friend?


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

jack_wdw #16 Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 962 battles
  • 369
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012
I would add something else as etiquette for flights.

Stop hunting down the humans at the other side, if you are a flight vs 1or2 humans, especially if you are uptiered to those poor suckers.
The ingame bragging doesn't make you look cool, it is rather pathetic. It feels more like 6th graders bullying a 4th grader.
 

Prenzlau #17 Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:47 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5654 battles
  • 479
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View PostBobby_Tables, on 09 October 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

Gotta agree with Major Undergarments, the troll was weak on this thread.

 

Come heavy or don't come at all.  

 

    You know you used to be a mild mannered sympathizer, and lately you have been actually quite aggressive with your attitude and exchanges. Bobby what is wrong? You can tell me, I will always understand?

 

Prenzlau


The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

 

 

 


Prenzlau #18 Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:22 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5654 battles
  • 479
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View Postjack_wdw, on 10 October 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

I would add something else as etiquette for flights.

Stop hunting down the humans at the other side, if you are a flight vs 1or2 humans, especially if you are uptiered to those poor suckers.
The ingame bragging doesn't make you look cool, it is rather pathetic. It feels more like 6th graders bullying a 4th grader.
 

 

    That is so right! Let us also leave those peace loving bombers alone. They have it rough enough without overly aggressive pilots shooting at them. Someone always has to be chasing a carrot. The taunting should be reserved for the few who are psychologically adept at it. Reckless and juvenile bragging or taunting should not be allowed. Only expert and extremely witty taunts and idioms only.

 

Prenzlau


The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

 

 

 


mnbv_fockewulfe #19 Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:31 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 247 battles
  • 3,030
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostPrenzlau, on 10 October 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

 

    You know you used to be a mild mannered sympathizer, and lately you have been actually quite aggressive with your attitude and exchanges. Bobby what is wrong? You can tell me, I will always understand?

 

Prenzlau

 

He's bored.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


wylleEcoyote #20 Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1689 battles
  • 111
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWombatmetal, on 10 October 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

Bear in mind that not everyone has voice coms. I have a bluetooth headset and Discord looks like a phone call, so Windows turns off all other sounds, so if I have my mic on, I can hear in speak in Discord but no sound in the game. If I have my mic off, I can hear in Discord and the Game, but not speak. 

 

Short of Discord or Windows fixing their code, and me changing my setup,  I won't have comms for foreseeable  future. My problem entirely, but Discord is not a universal solution. 

 

I have this problem as well. But i managed a workaround. I downloaded Discord on my phone and connected the bluetooth mic+earbuds to that.
I run the game as normal. And use my phone for comms while its plugged into the computer for charging.





Also tagged with flight, etiquette

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users