Aircraft xp...on a premium plane....why?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Greg_Pattinson #1 Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9277 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I have completed 2 ops orders so far for the t3 and t4 German bombers.  The special paint that it comes with has aircraft xp as the bonus on both planes.  Why do I need aircraft xp on a premium plane?  There are no modules to research.  There is no next plane in the tech tree to research.  Isn't the whole point to train the crew faster with "accelerated crew training right from the first battle"?  Will that bonus aircraft xp go to the crew with accelerated  training?  Is this just a useless bonus or am I missing something?  The only thing I can think of is aircraft xp can be changed to free xp for gold but I have so much from tech tree planes already that I will never use.  It would cost well over 10,000 gold just to convert the aircraft xp I already have.  That xp is just the left overs from researching the next plane.  For example if it cost 63,000 xp to research the next plane and I only have 62,000 xp so I do another battle and might end up with 64,000 xp.  After I research the plane I have 1000xp left over.  

nwlxn12 #2 Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles
Check the box in the crew section and all the XP goes to pilot skills.  Otherwise (highly not recommended) you can spend real money to convert it to free XP.  I myself just use those planes to advance pilot skills faster.

wylleEcoyote #3 Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2131 battles
  • [ALAS] ALAS
Really? You have 6600+ battles and membership in a clan that has been active for 3 years. How is this still a thing you dont know?

In the Hanger select the crew button in the top of the screen just under profile,

When you do, look to the left where you crew are now listed . Under neath them is a box to click that says Accelerate crew training.

When the check mark is in place all the xp the plane collects from now on will be added to what the pilots already get.

You can do this with any premium plane immediately and any tech tree plane that you have advanced to elite status.

Cenotaph #4 Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
5% Aircraft exp = more crew exp...
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Greg_Pattinson #5 Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9277 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostwylleEcoyote, on 09 October 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

Really? You have 6600+ battles and membership in a clan that has been active for 3 years. How is this still a thing you dont know?

In the Hanger select the crew button in the top of the screen just under profile,

When you do, look to the left where you crew are now listed . Under neath them is a box to click that says Accelerate crew training.

When the check mark is in place all the xp the plane collects from now on will be added to what the pilots already get.

You can do this with any premium plane immediately and any tech tree plane that you have advanced to elite status.

I know how accelerated crew training works.  That's why I asked "Will that bonus aircraft xp go to the crew with accelerated  training?"  I always have accelerated crew training on in premium planes and planes that I have already researched the next plane on.  My question is will the bonus on the paint actually take effect with accelerated crew training turned on or will it only apply if the aircraft is getting some xp as in when accelerated training is turned off?  It seems to me if you get a 5% bonus on zero its still zero because all my xp goes to the crew and there is no aircraft xp.  Other paint specifically says "bonus to crew xp 20%".  Nose art and emblems give a 3% bonus to crew xp.  I would much rather have a 20% bonus to crew xp than a 5% bonus to aircraft xp

Edited by Greg_Pattinson, 09 October 2018 - 09:39 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14317 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostGreg_Pattinson, on 09 October 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

I know how accelerated crew training works.  That's why I asked "Will that bonus aircraft xp go to the crew with accelerated  training?"  I always have accelerated crew training on in premium planes and planes that I have already researched the next plane on.  My question is will the bonus on the paint actually take effect with accelerated crew training turned on or will it only apply if the aircraft is getting some xp as in when accelerated training is turned off?  It seems to me if you get a 3% bonus on zero its still zero because all my xp goes to the crew and there is no aircraft xp.  Other paint specifically says "bonus to crew xp 20%".  Nose art and emblems give a 3% bonus to crew xp.  I would much rather have a 20% bonus to crew xp than a 3% bonus to aircraft xp

Never thought of it that way.  I assumed with accelerated training the extra aircraft bonus went directly to the crew.  Might be a good question for the CMs.  Good catch!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Kingwicked101 #7 Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6862 battles

With 183 planes of 220 planes having crew with 5 skill points or more - I never worried about where the xp went.

I saw this and wondered myself but never thought about it.

Now mentioning this is a point, the Dev's need to address and explain how the extra % works. 

Greg_Pattinson #8 Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9277 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostKingwicked101, on 09 October 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

With 183 planes of 220 planes having crew with 5 skill points or more - I never worried about where the xp went.

I saw this and wondered myself but never thought about it.

Now mentioning this is a point, the Dev's need to address and explain how the extra % works. 

5 skill points is nothing.  The premium female pilots come with 7.  The problem comes the higher you go.  I'm trying to get the one pilot to 12 skill points right now and it takes over 3.5 million xp for 1 skill point.  Who knows what the 15th skill points is.  When I need that much xp for 1 skill point I'm paying real close attention and doing everything I can to max out my xp.

mnbv_fockewulfe #9 Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:27 AM

Captain

• 256 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

If you've got gold to spend you can also convert it to free exp.

Would not recommend it though.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

blindfoId #10 Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

View PostGreg_Pattinson, on 09 October 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

I know how accelerated crew training works.  That's why I asked "Will that bonus aircraft xp go to the crew with accelerated  training?"  I always have accelerated crew training on in premium planes and planes that I have already researched the next plane on.  My question is will the bonus on the paint actually take effect with accelerated crew training turned on or will it only apply if the aircraft is getting some xp as in when accelerated training is turned off?  It seems to me if you get a 5% bonus on zero its still zero because all my xp goes to the crew and there is no aircraft xp.  Other paint specifically says "bonus to crew xp 20%".  Nose art and emblems give a 3% bonus to crew xp.  I would much rather have a 20% bonus to crew xp than a 5% bonus to aircraft xp

Yes, it will. When the accelerated crew training is turned on your plane still gets the aircraft xp but it is transferred to the crew xp. 

How it works?

When you get xp for the battle you get aircraft xp and crew xp first. All the bonuses are applied accordingly (premium account bonuses, premium plane bonuses and so on). If the accelerated crew training is turned on then the gained aircraft xp (already with bonuses) is transferred to the crew xp. Thus you get 0 aircraft xp added in result.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users