Jump to content


MODE SO AWFUL.. it defies description


  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Husarski #1 Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:05 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 1321 battles
  • 23
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Just went through 12 loses in a row on the defender side.

Saw bombers win EACH match easily.

Almost won the last one but.   THE SPAWN TIMER SHUTS OFF BEFORE THE GAME ENDS.

We shot down all but 4 bombers. We had 10 life left. But the Opfor shot us all down and we couldnt respawn. A LOSS>

WHO THE HELL PLAY TESTED THIS MODE???

Its pure trash..

 



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:12 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 676 battles
  • 3,348
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostHusarski, on 04 October 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Just went through 12 loses in a row on the defender side.

Saw bombers win EACH match easily.

Almost won the last one but.   THE SPAWN TIMER SHUTS OFF BEFORE THE GAME ENDS.

We shot down all but 4 bombers. We had 10 life left. But the Opfor shot us all down and we couldnt respawn. A LOSS>

WHO THE HELL PLAY TESTED THIS MODE???

Its pure trash..

 

CS test servers are not needed....

the dev's know exactly what you want and need

now go to the premium shop and buy some crap

:sceptic:


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Chuck_norris10 #3 Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:16 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 373 battles
  • 5,523
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 04 October 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

CS test servers are not needed....

the dev's know exactly what you want and need

now go to the premium shop and buy some crap

:sceptic:

Hahahaha! I feel his pain after trying some matches tonight.


 

 


 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:21 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 676 battles
  • 3,348
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostChuck_norris10, on 04 October 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Hahahaha! I feel his pain after trying some matches tonight.

ok chuck, I'll give him his first upvote

:P


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Chuck_norris10 #5 Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:44 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 373 battles
  • 5,523
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

Currently blacked screened and trying again.

contrl alt delete is my friend tonight.


 

 


 

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:56 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3722 battles
  • 1,176
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostHusarski, on 04 October 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Just went through 12 loses in a row on the defender side.

Saw bombers win EACH match easily.

Almost won the last one but.   THE SPAWN TIMER SHUTS OFF BEFORE THE GAME ENDS.

We shot down all but 4 bombers. We had 10 life left. But the Opfor shot us all down and we couldnt respawn. A LOSS>

WHO THE HELL PLAY TESTED THIS MODE???

Its pure trash..

 

 

I take it you are not playing a bomber or GA?  I usually go against the trend, but I was giving this bomber thing a try prior to the event starting and just continued on.  I kept winning so yeah, a bit unbalanced.  

 

It was really confusing for me at first.  The good thing is that there are lots of humans in game and I think the defensive players might figure out strategies for success.  I have some ideas already but not sure enough to post them here.  There are a lot of other players who recognize patterns much better than I.  



Zigfreid #7 Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:06 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 8705 battles
  • 1,469
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    07-31-2013

View PostBobby_Tables, on 04 October 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

 

I take it you are not playing a bomber or GA?  I usually go against the trend, but I was giving this bomber thing a try prior to the event starting and just continued on.  I kept winning so yeah, a bit unbalanced.  

 

It was really confusing for me at first.  The good thing is that there are lots of humans in game and I think the defensive players might figure out strategies for success.  I have some ideas already but not sure enough to post them here.  There are a lot of other players who recognize patterns much better than I.  

 

yep bomber or ground attack for the wins.

Chuck_norris10 #8 Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:08 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 373 battles
  • 5,523
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

The game gets worse with every patch.

Unreal. Never had any bugs last patch but this one black screens me now. Ghost matches, disconnected from server etc and that was only the first three matches and it played fine when I hit the road for work two weeks ago so no wonder they have a low population.Most probably cant even get into a match.

 


 

 


 

Buncey #9 Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:43 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 2923 battles
  • 28
  • [-ES-] -ES-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014

Wargaming's latest attempt to kill the game once and for all.

I have to say it might just succeed.

There is clearly no interest from Wargaming in developing this game, they've decided they've spent enough money on it and now just want to kill it.

 

As the OP states, this mode is so awful it defies description...……..you could not have made a worse addition to this game if you tried.

The complete lack of attention paid to feedback and suggestion on how to improve this game is just staggering.

 

I'm done for the weekend, before it even begins. I'm not going to waste my time getting so angry over a game, that clearly the publisher has no interest in saving from itself.

 

I would encourage everyone to boycott the game this weekend. It might be the only way Wargaming pay attention, if in game population is non existent...……...however I doubt they would think it's their fault and blame it on the weather, government, fake news ect ect.

 

Wargaming, please look at how Blizzard run their business and learn how to run a Gaming Company, clearly your [edited]clueless.



vcharng #10 Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:58 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2551 battles
  • 427
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostBuncey, on 05 October 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

Wargaming's latest attempt to kill the game once and for all.

I have to say it might just succeed.

There is clearly no interest from Wargaming in developing this game, they've decided they've spent enough money on it and now just want to kill it.

 

As the OP states, this mode is so awful it defies description...……..you could not have made a worse addition to this game if you tried.

The complete lack of attention paid to feedback and suggestion on how to improve this game is just staggering.

 

I'm done for the weekend, before it even begins. I'm not going to waste my time getting so angry over a game, that clearly the publisher has no interest in saving from itself.

 

I would encourage everyone to boycott the game this weekend. It might be the only way Wargaming pay attention, if in game population is non existent...……...however I doubt they would think it's their fault and blame it on the weather, government, fake news ect ect.

 

Wargaming, please look at how Blizzard run their business and learn how to run a Gaming Company, clearly your [edited]clueless.

Why don't you just fly an attacker or bomber and get yourself on the winning side?

WG did learn from attrition, despite it was well received by the players it became a fighter-only game, so they now put a ground-pounder-heavy game mode.

The message is clear: Don't expect a dogfight-only WOWP. There are BnZ, interception, escort and ground attack as well.



egikov #11 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:54 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 2166 battles
  • 139
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

The problem is that defenders don't know what to do.

Heavy fighters usually know that they should destroy bombers, but they should be protected by light fighters. It does not usually work, because light fighters are slower and some fly to attack ground attack and bomber players. Multirole fighters can do different things and fly all over the place . And with all that it's really hard to win for defenders.

 

For players escorting is easier - ground attackers and bombers destroy ground, everyone else protect bombers. Not many players protecting ground attackers and bomber players because they have enough health points to stay alive long enough to destroy armored AA.



vcharng #12 Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:06 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2551 battles
  • 427
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View Postegikov, on 05 October 2018 - 05:54 AM, said:

 

 

For players escorting is easier - ground attackers and bombers destroy ground, everyone else protect bombers. Not many players protecting ground attackers and bomber players because they have enough health points to stay alive long enough to destroy armored AA.

As a GAA player I feel more like "if the enemy waste their time shooting me down, my side already won, hopefully my team will remember my sacrifice"



wylleEcoyote #13 Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:07 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1747 battles
  • 121
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Oh my god the light fighter Meta tears are sooooo delicious  :great:
if your loosing 12 times in a row, stop. because you are doing it wrong.

Multi Roles ... kill the ground pounders before they get to the AAA guns. If you do this then the AAA will mess up the bombers so bad that you can boost up to shoot whats left of them down in one pass.
Low altitude Light fighters... bring your big boy cannons and put the hurt on Ground attack and multiroles. if the AAA stays intact the bombers will be hurt so bad even you can kill them. 
Do you have altitude problems? remember the whole formation is a kilometer tall. You should be juuuust able to get the low flying bombers

German/American High altitude fighters middle to high altitude interception is your bread and butter.  Your only issue should be getting too close to the defensive turrets. And flying ina straight line while tunnel visioning on a fat bomber. that. just. wont. die. and not noticing the enemy that comes up behind you...

Are the bombers flight path avoiding a strong hold ? Thats the one you want to focus in on and kill ASAP  Only 10 need to get through for the win. and they start with so many more.


Try flying Heavy fighters. Its fun. it kills bombers dead. 
Fly in GAA if you do your job and silence the guns... the bombers get through.
If you dont do your job the whole flight gets chewed to pieces.
Fly in bombers hide in the middle of the formation shooting all the things and rush ahead to bomb AAA guns then go back to the formation.
 


Edited by wylleEcoyote, 05 October 2018 - 06:14 AM.


Bobby_Tables #14 Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3722 battles
  • 1,176
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostwylleEcoyote, on 05 October 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

Oh my god the light fighter Meta tears are sooooo delicious  :great:
if your loosing 12 times in a row, stop. because you are doing it wrong.

I posted almost the same thing on another thread but without the salt :teethhappy:.  It's a different mode and requires different tactics/different playstyles.  Too bad for the Spitfire people who refused to learn other modes.  Maybe they will branch out, who knows?  But this mode requires firepower, strong engines and some armor protection.



Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:40 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12777 battles
  • 667
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

Bombers rule in this mode.

 

:izmena:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #16 Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:04 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 5 battles
  • 390
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018
We are collecting the statistics at the moment and your feedback is really valuable. It seems that the opinions differ and it is pleasant to see the discussion going! 

digitaljustice #17 Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:10 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1185 battles
  • 35
  • [FADES] FADES
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011

I think the new BEM is intense and could be really fun, but there are a few issues.

 

My friends and I experienced a few "Disconnected from the Server" issues last night, though my internet connection was fine (I was on Discord and it was still up), along with some other black screens, etc...as mentioned elsewhere.

 

The MAJOR issue I think with the mode is, they need to DECREASE the number of Bombers according to how many REAL PLAYERS are in the match.  It might be fine in RU and EU if they have full teams of real people, but for us with 3-5 real players per team, the Attack mode seems tough as so many bombers are spawning and re-spawning and your AI teammates just don't cut it.  We had a few games last night with just 2 real players per side and there is no way to get to the other side of the map in time to get the other bomber flights, even if you are doing nothing but killing bombers the whole time.  If you play a Bomber or Ground Attack plane, I guess you don't have this issue, but I play mainly Fighters/Multi-Roles and some Heavy's.

 

So, if they could decrease the amount of Bombers dynamically according to the real player count in the matches, I think that would be a good start.

 

Thanks!


Edited by digitaljustice, 05 October 2018 - 01:42 PM.


CorvusCorvax #18 Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1488 battles
  • 1,547
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Ohhh, the bomber and GAA love.  WINNING.

Wombatmetal #19 Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:06 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 989 battles
  • 924
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View PostblindfoId, on 05 October 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

We are collecting the statistics at the moment and your feedback is really valuable. It seems that the opinions differ and it is pleasant to see the discussion going! 

 

I think the mode is almost right. The defense are putting up big numbers, they're not just getting rolled.

 

I think if the base the bombers are attacking has its health increased to 12, things will start to level out.

 

AA is still brutal. I get two shot in my bomber a lot, one hit takes 3/4 health. And thats with paint and armor.

 

No airfields is tough

 

I really like that bombers and GA  have a role. Kudos on that; this is the first event I feel like I mattered and not just an xp pinata



Captain_Underpants53 #20 Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12777 battles
  • 667
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
Amen  +1
MSgt, USAF, (ret)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users