IS THIS A JOKE ?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

The_Wild_Weasel #21 Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1831 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

and I was thinking of coming back ...... nope.

W_W

CorvusCorvax #22 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 05 October 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

W_W

Bro, I was hoping to have a bit of a T6 heavy fighter flight.  Either on offense or defense, we could clean the map up.

Huma474 #23 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 748 battles

View PostLucky_Breeze, on 05 October 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Does anyone have this problem of when to defend against bombers you will lose 99% of the time. It just seems so one sided, So even before the battle starts and you have to defend you know you lost.

That seems to be the point of this mode - you either get really lucky as defender and manage to keep your AA points alive or you just get steam rolled because the attackers on each map have an extreme advantage over you. Play defense = Might as well just quit and try another plane

Edited by Huma474, 05 October 2018 - 05:29 PM.

DisgruntledSnowman901 #24 Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4259 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 05 October 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

W_W

Well if you have a desire to play high tier GAAs, come back. I know people who have had 22-36 game win streaks in them.

Hell, just pick any bomber or GAA and play 5 games, you'll get the 100 gold. I just played 5 games in bombers, 5 wins, instant gold. my only regret was that we were too effective. I didn't have enough time to get a lot of cap points to get doolittle and jumpstart my specialization mission progress.

Edited by Xr901, 05 October 2018 - 06:18 PM.

GonerNL #25 Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:29 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 800 battles
I only flew fighters and heavies and what really annoys me is that the enemy GA are faster over the target than you, the defender in a faster plane ?! Half the AA is out before you get there.
Flying on EU and NA server

pyantoryng #26 Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:50 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

View PostHuma474, on 06 October 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

That seems to be the point of this mode - you either get really lucky as defender and manage to keep your AA points alive or you just get steam rolled because the attackers on each map have an extreme advantage over you. Play defense = Might as well just quit and try another plane

Low tier is totally dependent on the strongholds as most planes that are not HF cannot climb back up to intercept bombers, while if they can they do so, do not have the firepower to perform effectively.

Top tier you just get up there and mow them down yourself...watch out for bots though.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

bradk62 #27 Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 2990 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Another frustrating new game mode but I made some progress.

I only played a total of 12 games and almost all I was defending.

My Spitfire lines were not effective against bombers and the bombers survived long enough to do their damage.  Same with the ground attack aircraft taking out my AA.  Lost the first 4 games until I switched to my old reliable Pancake (the Pancake eats bombers and GA for breakfast :).

I was reasonably successful and got my average back up to 50 percent for the night.  Generally, if my teammates defended me while  I was chewing my way thru the bombers, we won.  I set new high point records and got Ace awards every time, even on the fights my team lost.  Felt like this mode was more a turkey-shoot than a dog fight.

I really think the defenders are at a disadvantage.  This was probably much to complex a game mode to release without an open beta test event and feedback.  Can WG possibly have enough players with varying skill level to know how something this complex will play out "in the real world"?

Easy for WG to tally the results to tell if the defenders are at a natural disadvantage and make adjustments.  My stats are bad enough already - I don't appreciate playing the Kobayashi Maru scenario (Star Trek simulation that was impossible to win) against my running stats while WG "rebalances" until it seems "fair".

Edited by bradk62, 05 October 2018 - 08:14 PM.

DisgruntledSnowman901 #28 Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4259 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Yeah, this game mode is a ton of fun if you want to play GAAs and bombers, it sucks if you want to play anything else. After unlocking the vampire yesterday, I didn't think it was possible but wargaming has actually found a way to make me not want to play it. By the time you get to the sectors the 5 or 6 enemy GAAs are already there and mowing it down in one or 2 passes, then the bombers just saunter through. The majority of the games I've played today (attacking and defending) have only had the first 2 bomber waves spawn.

I've played many more bomber and GAA flights than I'd like today, and even being relatively new to those types I can maintain a 95%+ winrate in them because they always get to attack. Like an idiot I keep returning to fighters, and it keeps being miserable. 

Bobby_Tables #29 Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4402 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Here's something from a Reddit post that was interesting:

zemog888

Yesterday playing with ga planes and bombers i win almost all but playing in pairs with 2 ta - 152 planes in our team and others smart guys in the team we win many times as a defender , it was not easy but a smart move fighters pilots against bombers formation and some fighter pilots , heavy fighters pilots against enemy ga planes and enemy human bombers ,and formation bombers and multi roll pilots only ga planes and humans bombers players , if you play in that order the defenders wins ,if all go to bombers formation and almost nobody defends the bases with the guns , is an easy win to the atackers and yersterday i get nice winning in both sides

[Edit]  I think the situation changes once the strongholds are down.  Once they are down, everyone should concentrate on the bomber formation before it can reach the goal.  Instead, what I have seen is people continue on with their role and the bomber formation sails through.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 05 October 2018 - 10:37 PM.

Snprhed #30 Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3178 battles
Why dont they just have the option to play normal conquest mode?

trikke #31 Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i don't notice much, but i did notice that our spawn point somehow moves closer to the caps, as the battle progresses 

that was an interesting decision, and much appreciated 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

TheGhost_wP #32 Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:29 AM

Airman Basic

• 2298 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

View Postvcharng, on 05 October 2018 - 04:24 AM, said:

Actually the solution is quite simple: Fly GAAs and bombers.

If everyone does that (or fly with a flightmate in GAAs/bombers), the system will give you PVE games, and you get your auto-win.

Personally this is bad for me and toxic for tier X. Good luck getting Ravager II in a tier X game, if your lucky youll be able to cap 3 areas, most games end after 2, no matter how good you do thats not enough to get 4 marks. in the off chance you can go for a 4th cap, youre splitting the cap points between about 4 other GAs.

TheGhost_wP #33 Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:38 AM

Airman Basic

• 2298 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

View PostXr901, on 05 October 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

Well if you have a desire to play high tier GAAs, come back. I know people who have had 22-36 game win streaks in them.

Hell, just pick any bomber or GAA and play 5 games, you'll get the 100 gold. I just played 5 games in bombers, 5 wins, instant gold. my only regret was that we were too effective. I didn't have enough time to get a lot of cap points to get doolittle and jumpstart my specialization mission progress.

Try lower tier bombers, IV V and VI are somewhat more competitive, that's the only way i got Ravager II. No way I could have gotten it at tier X, you get two caps then the game is over, and you have to split the cap points with the 3 other GAs fighting for points, you'll be lucky to get one maye 2 marks.

SlappedbyRommel #34 Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2020 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Played the tier 6 Hien with wing mate flying the IL we played around 6 games and won all we also tried tiers 4 to 8 with a fighter and GA or Bomber and only lost 1 out of a total 10 games. He attacked the flak placements before bombers could fly over the bases with flak while I supported bombers intercepting fighters. This worked well and when he needed help I dove asap to support the GA we had 2 close games but won those and they were pretty fun actually.

xxxStormbringerxxx #35 Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2157 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Absolutely awful game mode. Its not even worth playing as a defender just exit and save your game time for something much better. It seems this is yet another mode for the attack aircraft guys so I will pass.

One of these days I will stop coming back for good.

Add to that that the game designers seem incapable of explaining in English just what the heck you are supposed to do.
I have noticed this generally with software from windows, to apps, to games that software engineers everywhere are incapable of putting together a series of English words to explain anything at all.

Even after spending months writing code they literally dont even spend 30secs to tell us anything useful. They must think that we are born knowing what they were thinking. 

Edited by xxxStormbringerxxx, 06 October 2018 - 06:48 AM.

Steel_Saint #36 Posted 06 October 2018 - 08:55 AM

Airman Basic

• 670 battles
Yeah, I just came back to try it out. Its near impossible as defense w/ all AI, the defenders lose big time.

StoptheViolins #37 Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1990 battles
If the attackers don't cover ga and bombers and the attackers don't keep covering the expended bombers then the defenders can win.

What really hurts defenders is BnZ was broken by WG so despite having any significant speed edge fighters get energy lossless turns and can keep pace with a heavy.  

vcharng #38 Posted 06 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3247 battles

View PostStoptheViolins, on 06 October 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

What really hurts defenders is BnZ was broken by WG so despite having any significant speed edge fighters get energy lossless turns and can keep pace with a heavy.

This. I totally bloody agree.

BnZ requires more time and that wasn't rewarded, causing it impossible for HFs to BnZ the bomber formations.

In fact the only game I won in my HF was done by TnB-ing those bombers and letting the enemies to shoot me down.

I died at least 4 times and shot down 43 bombers just to get a marginal victory.

ShoeButton #39 Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1860 battles
  • [ALAS] ALAS

My experience last night:

in Defence - my Base Number could drop to Zero in the Final Phase, However as long as we Killed All Bomber Flights before they Exited The Map... VICTORY!

In Attack - Keep Bomber Flights Alive to Successfully Exit Map, especially the Bomber Flights that Overfly Bases... VICTORY!

I'm still not completely clear on some of the Details, but that is the Just of it...

Still Learning this Mode, and hoping tonight is even Better!

Regards,

-ShoeButton

trikke #40 Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostShoeButton, on 06 October 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

My experience last night:

in Defence - my Base Number could drop to Zero in the Final Phase, However as long as we Killed All Bomber Flights before they Exited The Map... VICTORY!

In Attack - Keep Bomber Flights Alive to Successfully Exit Map, especially the Bomber Flights that Overfly Bases... VICTORY!

I'm still not completely clear on some of the Details, but that is the Just of it...

Still Learning this Mode, and hoping tonight is even Better!

Regards,

-ShoeButton

ty, SB   great pro tips!

and btw, welcome to the forum!
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users